CCFC Squad 2013/2014 Season (1 Viewer)

BackRoomRummermill

Hi All , in amongst all the chaos of the stadia I was wondering what the current squad composition is.

To be honest i have no idea. I fear the attention quite rightly is focused on the 'venue' but what is the product on the pitch strength ?

Just as important as the 'venue' in my eyes

Thanks in advance

SkyBlue_Bear83

Murphy
Burge
Clarke
Christie
Phillips
Willis
Adams
Haynes
Baker
Thomas
Barton
Fleck
Moussa
Lobjoit
Clarke
Wilson

There are some other academy graduates in the first team now I think but I can't remember names

BackRoomRummermill

Murphy
Burge
Clarke
Christie
Phillips
Willis
Adams
Haynes
Baker
Thomas
Barton
Fleck
Moussa
Lobjoit
Clarke
Wilson

There are some other academy graduates in the first team now I think but I can't remember names

Thanks , I just hope some of the old hands will stay

WillieStanley

That's a league 2 squad at best

Give over!!! Whilst the squad is thin and young there's real quality in there for this level. If Leon Clarke stays we have a contender for top scorer, there's obviously Baker. Thomas will come back with a full pre-season. Fleck has another opportunity to realise the potential he showed last season. we have one of, if not the best 'keeper in the league - Clarke and Christie vying for RB. We need to be cautious though. The last time we had a squad that looked this young we got relegated. There's definately need for a few additions, but "League 2 at best" is harsh.

Brighton Sky Blue

Give over!!! Whilst the squad is thin and young there's real quality in there for this level. If Leon Clarke stays we have a contender for top scorer, there's obviously Baker. Thomas will come back with a full pre-season. Fleck has another opportunity to realise the potential he showed last season. we have one of, if not the best 'keeper in the league - Clarke and Christie vying for RB. We need to be cautious though. The last time we had a squad that looked this young we got relegated. There's definately need for a few additions, but "League 2 at best" is harsh.

The first choice XI is OK enough but we are seriously lacking in depth and just a few injuries to key players leaves us vulnerable, especially up front.

WillieStanley

The first choice XI is OK enough but we are seriously lacking in depth and just a few injuries to key players leaves us vulnerable, especially up front.

Totally. As I say, this is similar to where we found ourselves during the infamous relegation campaign. To rub salt in the would, we also lost our talisman. We can't let that happen again, we've already got enough going against us. In contrast, I wonder what the actual number of different players actually wore the Sky Blue shirt competatively for us last season - We had loads of players in and out.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It has the core of a good league 1 squad but desperately lacking in depth. We have about 7 players or so who are good enough to be in a promotion chasing sides but after that we hardly have anything worthwhile

SkyBlue_Bear83

Totally. As I say, this is similar to where we found ourselves during the infamous relegation campaign. To rub salt in the would, we also lost our talisman. We can't let that happen again, we've already got enough going against us. In contrast, I wonder what the actual number of different players actually wore the Sky Blue shirt competatively for us last season - We had loads of players in and out.

There are some important differences. In the relegation season we lost Westwood, Turner, Gunnarson, King and Juke and kept the shite players like Platt, Mcdonald, Bell, Sheff. This year so far we have lost the shite players and kept the good players.

The equivalent of that season would be something like losing Murphy, Christie, Moussa, Baker and L Clarke and being stuck with the 'bomb squad' to play with for the coming season.

WillieStanley

There are some important differences. In the relegation season we lost Westwood, Turner, Gunnarson, King and Juke and kept the shite players like Platt, Mcdonald, Bell, Sheff. This year so far we have lost the shite players and kept the good players.

The equivalent of that season would be something like losing Murphy, Christie, Moussa, Baker and L Clarke and being stuck with the 'bomb squad' to play with for the coming season.

True, but there's a while until the window closes and we are more desperate than ever to raise revenue.

Brighton Sky Blue

But for being one of the worst managed sides off the pitch last season we could, and I think should, have been in the top 6. Had we stayed at the Ricoh and agreed the deal which was last offered in January we could have been looking at that again next season. Right now I think we are going to struggle and if Northampton is rubber stamped part of me will want us to.

Nonleagueherewecome

You can probably take some points off for the "Northampton Effect" too. That's without taking real points deductions into account.

Brighton Sky Blue

You can probably take some points off for the "Northampton Effect" too. That's without taking real points deductions into account.

I don't understand how we can get deductions for whatever happens to Limited if Holdings is the club-when Fisher talks about deductions is he thus admitting that Limited is in actual fact the club?

WillieStanley

But for being one of the worst managed sides off the pitch last season we could, and I think should, have been in the top 6. Had we stayed at the Ricoh and agreed the deal which was last offered in January we could have been looking at that again next season. Right now I think we are going to struggle and if Northampton is rubber stamped part of me will want us to.

I'll never want us to struggle. We could be playing on Mars!! I agree, we'll need to be patient with the players. As is quite rightly stated, there's a core of a decent squad but most won't have experienced anything like this. The only player that comes close to my mind is Fleck and, to be fair this makes the Rangers debacle look like a straight forward affair. They'll be filled with as much uncertainty as us and whilst they're earning a significant amount more than us, they'll have concerns about where their pay check is coming from, especially if their playing in a less than quarter empty 7k seater stadium while their boss recieves death threats.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'll never want us to struggle. We could be playing on Mars!! I agree, we'll need to be patient with the players. As is quite rightly stated, there's a core of a decent squad but most won't have experienced anything like this. The only player that comes close to my mind is Fleck and, to be fair this makes the Rangers debacle look like a straight forward affair. They'll be filled with as much uncertainty as us and whilst they're earning a significant amount more than us, they'll have concerns about where their pay check is coming from, especially if their playing in a less than quarter empty 7k seater stadium while their boss recieves death threats.

Rangers were never under threat of leaving Ibrox and as the biggest club in Scotland were guaranteed a lot more leeway than we will get. This current situation is unprecedented in England, at least in league football, since MK Dons was allowed to happen. We will have a very tough job indeed attracting players of above average quality to Northampton on a budget a fraction of what we would have had at the Ricoh. I wouldn't blame any one of the players for wanting out except David Bell who will milk his contract for all its worth.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The squad is threadbare and the League will/should not give CCFc the same options to increase the squad as Pompey got last season. This time last season Pompey had something like 5 players signed on which was why they were allowed to add to the squad to complete the fixtures...... not the same situation with CCFC this season. Those players in the bomb squad are still signed on so the squad should be seen as big enough by the FL (but you never know as they are not too consistent with their own rules are they)

No strength in depth
No strong spine evident
No experienced centre backs
no real pace
generally small or light weight players
no obvious replacement for Leon Clarke
no real goal scorers other than Clarke

You cant see that squad matching the likes of Wolves, Sheffield, Posh etc for ability
You cant see that squad matching the likes of Stevenage, Preston, Tranmere etc for strength and size
Teams like Walsall, Crewe etc have equally good if not better youngsters
You look at the other teams and we do not stand out at this stage but it is probably far too early to tell

Right now it doesnt look good does it

Groundshare issues etc aside....... It is not a squad I am confident in

Nonleagueherewecome

Rangers were never under threat of leaving Ibrox and as the biggest club in Scotland were guaranteed a lot more leeway than we will get. This current situation is unprecedented in England, at least in league football, since MK Dons was allowed to happen. We will have a very tough job indeed attracting players of above average quality to Northampton on a budget a fraction of what we would have had at the Ricoh. I wouldn't blame any one of the players for wanting out except David Bell who will milk his contract for all its worth.

To him, we are Cash Cow FC.

Users who are viewing this thread