CCFC: The Return to Coventry - August 2016 or beyond (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

We'll either be back long before then or just never at all. The wording suggests that three years is little more than a loose guideline buttered up by a £1m 'bond'.

theferret

We'll either be back long before then or just never at all. The wording suggests that three years is little more than a loose guideline buttered up by a £1m 'bond'.

Agree. I can see this lasting one season before they come back to the Ricoh.

If they don't, then a Phoenix club will probably be formed in time for the 2014/15 season, and then the prospect of a return becomes more unlikely.

It'll be one season if that.

Otis

Hope you're right, cos if we're all waiting for a new ground it's going to be a lot longer than 3 years I can assure you.

bigfatronssba

The future is BRIGHT IMHO!

Any remaining doubts in my mind about your intelligence levels have just been vanquished.

Gary.j

Agree. I can see this lasting one season before they come back to the Ricoh.

If they don't, then a Phoenix club will probably be formed in time for the 2014/15 season, and then the prospect of a return becomes more unlikely.

It'll be one season if that.

Time to get behind it now! https://www.facebook.com/Coventry1883

RogerH

I don't think we will return, I don't think SISU have any intention of building a stadium.

What could very well happen is SISU lease some land on condition of getting planning permission, submit a planning application which they know will fail. They will then cancel the lease, and be able to claim that they tried to get permission but it was the big bad Council that stopped them, thus as always blaming someone else. They then sail off into the sunset.
They can do what they like, they already have the Football League wrapped round their little finger.

More and more looking like a phoenix club will end up being the best bet.

theferret

I don't think we will return, I don't think SISU have any intention of building a stadium.

What could very well happen is SISU lease some land on condition of getting planning permission, submit a planning application which they know will fail. They will then cancel the lease, and be able to claim that they tried to get permission but it was the big bad Council that stopped them, thus as always blaming someone else. They then sail off into the sunset.
They can do what they like, they already have the Football League wrapped round their little finger.

But next season is going to cost them a fortune, why would they chuck more money at this mess only to walk off into the sunset? With what?

Surely, they either genuinely believe they can build a new ground, or probably more likely that they can secure a return to the Ricoh on much more favourable terms - that is surely where they are going with this?

Who knows though. My head hurts.

Users who are viewing this thread