Celtic Back In For Westwood (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User

Celtic manager Neil Lennon is thought to be preparing a second bid for Coventry City's goal keeper Keiren Westwood.
Lennon made an offer for the 25 year old Irish international 'keeper in July, said to be around £500,000 which was rejected out of hand by City chairman Ray Ranson.
The Daily Express is reporting that Lennon is preparing a take it or leave it offer of around £1m for the highly rated goal keeper who has one year left on his Coventry City contract.
Westwood missed last night's League Cup defeat at Morecambe because he is on international duty with the Republic of Ireland. Ireland take on Argentina at the new Lansdowne Road tonight.
Celtic need a replacement goalkeeper after selling Artur Boruc to Fiorentina in the sumer and have cash to spend now they have sold Aiden McGeady to Spartak Moscow.

Best he offers around 3mill then!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Sorry smiley i posted at same time.No chance of £3 million,only a year left on contract.If we get offered £1 million can we afford to turn it down and lose him for fee in summer?
Ive got a feeling he's gonna run his contract down so he can get bumper contract somwhere at the end of it.

smileycov

Facebook User
haha good timing!! you could be right there. i still hope he signs though, maybe he will sign with get out clause

T

TrevorsathisPeake

He'd have signed by now me thinks,he's as good as gone.Money talks!

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
If things are to believed then it's his agent trying to get the best deal out of Coventry for Keiren [more likely for himself!] but I think it's stalling to see what improved offers come in from other clubs!
It'll be a shame to see him go but I think now that it's inevitable.

I wouldn't go to Celtic though, not much competition up there really is there?

T

TrevorsathisPeake

If he waits till the end of his contract he'll beable to take his pick from several clubs,all offering big wages,if i was him i'd just sit tight till the end of my contract,and i'd bet my bottom dollar that's what he's gonna do.It's just a shame we aint gonna get a big fee for him.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

He'll still get a huge signing on fee if he signs for someone at the end of his contract,so his agent will benefit either way.All footballers are only intrested in money.

Nick

Administrator
Look at what happened to Danny Fox when he went to Celtic, sacked off after half a season to Burnley and now back in the Championship!

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
If he wants to better himself in the long-term he should stay with us.

If he wants to make a quick buck and go for instant success in a crap league then he should go to Celtic.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Money talks im afraid.If we offered him 8K a week and a mid table premier league side offer 20K,he'd be gone,even if he's gonna be sitting on the bench.He will keep saying he wants to stay all season long so we dont get on his back,even though he has no intention of staying.Wether we like it or not he's just happy to run hs contract down.

skybluedan

yeah fox would have been better of staying but as someone says money talks just no loyalty anymore fuckin agents dont help

skybluedan

would be gutted if westy was one of these and to be honest it would probably make me hate him and if he ever came back with another club and i was there i would probably shout shit to him but hey im a fickle football fan and im 34 going on 15

Disorganised1

If Westwood's moving it'll be in January ~ not now. As things stand he can wait and see where City are in Jan and if there's a chance of a big contract here. :)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I blame it on the agents there not there to help the player at all its all about them getting the most money they can for themselves and for the player they dont give 2 toses what happens to them at there new club there a joke i hate the pricks.:mad:

Disorganised1

AB saying that offer was £3.50 and a haggis - and there has been no higher offer - but if they're thinking of a million not to bother.

Nick

Administrator
I would like to think he wouldn't fuck us over but at the end of the day he has a family to support! I would take a job trebling my wages tommorow!

Users who are viewing this thread