Celtic's gradual demise. (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

What proof?

Celtic scored 5 in Europe last night.

And no Celtic fans I know want to join the English league

Apologies, was referring to the first post. Didn't realise they won last night. Might put a quid on them winning the thing, good odds at the moment.

Covstu

I would agree they would have to start from the bottom but obviously if they gain independence then this definitely wouldn't happen. Personally it would be suicidal for Scottish football taking them both out

Gazolba

I'm not sure the phrase 'gradual demise' applies to Celtic since they have never really been a football force outside Scotland. Yes they won one single European trophy just like England won one international tournament. But that does not mean either team has ever been a force or subject to a gradual demise.
What I do see quite clearly is the demise of the British footballer.
Fewer and fewer British players play in the top sides every season as more and more players come in from overseas.

Otis

Been a very clear demise to my mind.

They used to be the second best team in the whole of Glasgow.

Now look at them!

no_loyalty

The Scottish league is abysmal, if Celtic were in the English Premier league I'm certain they would finish in the bottom 3

clint van damme

The Scottish league is abysmal, if Celtic were in the English Premier league I'm certain they would finish in the bottom 3

For a country of it's size, 5 million, it's actually a very successful league, most watched per head of capita in Europe followed by Holland, I think it's about 8 domestic European finals, but it just too small to compete with the big boys.

djdoc1888

Give Celtic the money the premier league has to build a squad.

No chance of bottom 3, anyway bring on Oldham PUSB

trevelfarandwide

Well this has escalated quickly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't it always...

I truly detest the manufactured, government-sponsored hatred that exists in the Old Firm. The fans act like fucking zealots for God's sake, when I highly doubt they're attending their respective churches the day after a match. Hypocritical, spring to mind.

Hate each other because you're rivals, fair enough, but to incorporate religious hatred is utterly absurd. But like Bruce Hornsby once wailed, ''Some things will never change, that's just the way it is''.

Sad, but true.

djdoc1888

Doesn't it always...

I truly detest the manufactured, government-sponsored hatred that exists in the Old Firm. The fans act like fucking zealots for God's sake, when I highly doubt they're attending their respective churches the day after a match. Hypocritical, spring to mind.

Hate each other because you're rivals, fair enough, but to incorporate religious hatred is utterly absurd. But like Bruce Hornsby once wailed, ''Some things will never change, that's just the way it is''.

Sad, but true.
Stopped reading at government sponsored....

trevelfarandwide

Stopped reading at government sponsored....

Good for you?

Well, it is, so unless you're looking for a bite, that was a pretty redundant reply, mate. Explain why the hatred ISN'T government-sponsored, please.

trevelfarandwide

Look out for the offensive behaviour at football act.

Government sponsored

You know nothing

Hahaha...

...well that told me AND answered the question, good work.

djdoc1888

Just been beaten in a Champions League qualifier by a part time team from Gibraltar.

This has to be the lowest point in their history.

Further more, once Lincoln Red Imps had scored, I emptied my last Betway balance of £10 on Celtic turning it around.

Saint Brendan Rodgers must do better.
Think again
Think again

djdoc1888

Who cares. Celtic will never be in the premier league.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
We don't want to be you fool

It sinking in yet?

Pains to say city will never be in the premier league either.

Smack that in your pipe n smoke it.

Giving up me n the boys cards as its full of Pompus idiots up there and on here.

Enjoy the rest of the season, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread