CET mini Summary of events (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Looks like a good summary to me. But also a damning one for SISU...each point involves bully-boy tactics or demands rather than negotiations, or they have missed or ignored something in their planning stages...like the Higgs Clause.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

covmark

Its going to upset a few on here, Les Reid will be along pretty soon hopefully with a Cov Observer article to add balance.
Equally you'll get a few on here that will cream themselves over the article and hang off Gilbert's every word.
Depends which entrenched view someone holds.

Personally I won't bother reading the guff that comes from the CT, especially Gilbert. He's pretty quiet on here nowadays. Can't think why.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

If I'm honest, I actually thought it was a good review and I've always been honest that I don't understand everything that's going on in as much detail as many on here.

As for the damning view of SISU arising from this...the same can be said of the council/ACL. If rent of £100k was negotiated to get us back, why was it set at £1.3m originally before SISU came in? In fairness to the CET (whom I'm often a critic....the website is awful), I thought it was a good summary and helped me understand things a little more.

It doesn't alter my views on where the fault lies with everything we have that's wrong with us though. The fault is with SISU and CCC although stemmed from the Richardson era of frivolous spending and living beyond our means. Our owners are simply shocking but at the same time, the decisions made by CCC, in my opinion, have been made more out of spite and personal differences, than commercial reasons.

WM

skyblueinBaku

Our owners are simply shocking but at the same time, the decisions made by CCC, in my opinion, have been made more out of spite and personal differences, than commercial reasons.

I hold exactly the same opinion.

Wheelfass

At least the Telegraph are highlighting the many issues surrounding the club and its decline. We as fans already know all of the points that are mentioned in the article but these issues are now available to those who would not normally be taking much notice. It's seems like a pretty accurate account of the way things are and outlines the situation without going into all of the heavy legal stuff that goes over most of our heads.
It seems to me like the CT are saying look, this is what the fans of the once mighty Sky Blues are having to put up with. Although they are not asking any of the parties involved any direct questions or demanding answers they have at least outlined the situation and are making other readers aware of it.
It's a shame Mr Eakin doesnt make a bit more of an effort to endure himself to the fans and perhaps try to expose a few more of the situations of the club instead of sitting behind his microphone and either shouting people down or turning them off altogether.

rupert_bear

In fairness to Mr Eakin he is a sports correspondence not an investigatory reporter. CWR is a BBC radio station and the Beeb have plenty of those

Wheelfass

In fairness to Mr Eakin he is a sports correspondence not an investigatory reporter. CWR is a BBC radio station and the Beeb have plenty of those
He may be a sports corespondent but he's also a journalist. He's surely not sat behind his desk just to listen to his own voice and should by the very definition of his trade be inquisitive and be able to give a genuinely unbiased opinion and a balanced view from both sides. He doesn't even need any investigative skills to read the facts as they are. Im not saying that he should take the fans side, condemn SISU, CCC, ACL, Wasps or any other interested parties, but it would be nice if he would allow the fans of our club a platform to voice their own opinions even if he doesn't agree with them. He doesn't seem to have a fuse of the suitably required length to deal with fans who's emotions are understandably running high at the situation that we have been dragged into.
He would, I'm sure, be thought a lot more of were he to project a more sympathetic approach to the delicately ballanced and depressing chain of events that surroundour club.

Nick

Administrator
really this forum is so pants...every thread turns into a big girls arguement.....mind you hardly suprising when its run by someone that is obviously busy sucking timmys and chris cocks off all day....have a nice day......

On my phone so will reply in depth later, but :)

giphy.gif

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I used to like the morning bloke on CWR.
He wouldn't mess around. Whoever he was interviewing.
SISU or the council he always hit them with the uncomfortable questions and wouldn't allow himself to be fobbed off.
Real shame they ditched him.
Was it Shane oconner?

SkyblueBazza

If I'm honest, I actually thought it was a good review and I've always been honest that I don't understand everything that's going on in as much detail as many on here.

As for the damning view of SISU arising from this...the same can be said of the council/ACL. If rent of £100k was negotiated to get us back, why was it set at £1.3m originally before SISU came in? In fairness to the CET (whom I'm often a critic....the website is awful), I thought it was a good summary and helped me understand things a little more.

It doesn't alter my views on where the fault lies with everything we have that's wrong with us though. The fault is with SISU and CCC although stemmed from the Richardson era of frivolous spending and living beyond our means. Our owners are simply shocking but at the same time, the decisions made by CCC, in my opinion, have been made more out of spite and personal differences, than commercial reasons.

WM
Agree with all that...just think it needs to be said that the £1.3m/yr rent wasn't 'set' - it was (poorly) negotiated by previous owners of the club, and the non-working relationships the club has with CCC, Higgs, Wasps, Butts owners (& previously ACL) have one thing in common...SISU - nobody wants to attempt a deal with them...is that because they are unrealistic, unreasonable, unwilling to negotiate or what???

...onwards & upwards PUSB

Calista

There’s a photo of SISU’s legal team in the CT article. Is it just my imagination, or are they arranged in a downward spiral?

Malaka

I have read the article and I must admit the penny dropped for me on a couple of issues and I am feeling quite thick at the moment.
I think I finally understand that SISU wont sell because they think they can recoup their loses by suing the council and WASPS want them to drop the lawsuit because if by some strange change SISU win, they might have the right to buy into the Ricoh, (that they never wanted) and WASPS will be stuck with them and have a reduced income, reduced value on their stadium and we know that SISU do not like to pay their bills.
I feel enlightened!!!!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Still cant force CCC to sell their shares to SISU even if it were reworked. I don't think SISU are after ownership but i suspect they are quite prepared to take a high risk strategy if it results in hard cash

Do not see how SISU can argue on one hand that ACL was worthless and then the next that it was undervalued when sold.

Their case is more likely to be about the damage done to its investment by supposed collusion and plotting

The article itself is a reasonable enough bullet point of where things stand

ceetee

I have read the article and I must admit the penny dropped for me on a couple of issues and I am feeling quite thick at the moment.
I think I finally understand that SISU wont sell because they think they can recoup their loses by suing the council and WASPS want them to drop the lawsuit because if by some strange change SISU win, they might have the right to buy into the Ricoh, (that they never wanted) and WASPS will be stuck with them and have a reduced income, reduced value on their stadium and we know that SISU do not like to pay their bills.
I feel enlightened!!!!
As one who s clearly unelightened remind which bills have SISU not paid. I'm not in disagreement with you but not sure to what you are referring

Users who are viewing this thread