CET mini Summary of events (1 Viewer)

oldfiver

FFS man!

Read again:

I said Coventry universities vision, not CCC. With regard to them spending money, I can't be arsed to say READ AGAIN but I did say that some settle here and work. Now, would they be contributing to the cities economy or not? just a simple yes or no will do rather than continuing to go round the houses

Some? Hardly a ringing endorsement? How many?
It is like when CCC praised STWA coming to the city quoting how they would boost the City Centre economy. In fact most of their staff drive into the carpark do their work and drive out again

Very similar to out of town ricoh visitors heading straight to the stadium and straight back afterwards!

Sky Blue Kid

It is like when CCC praised STWA coming to the city quoting how they would boost the City Centre economy. In fact most of their staff drive into the carpark do their work and drive out again

Very similar to out of town ricoh visitors heading straight to the stadium and straight back afterwards!

Two thousand and twenty seven... but on a Thursday one is ill so Two thousand and twenty six....... What a stupid question to ask!

ajsccfc

Wasps are definitely better at promotion than we are (something about no top six since 1970 arf). It might be because the onus is on them to ingratiate themselves into a new community whereas we're established and complacent, but it's more likely that they're just a more professional outfit.

NorthernWisdom

Wasps are definitely better at promotion than we are (something about no top six since 1970 arf). It might be because the onus is on them to ingratiate themselves into a new community whereas we're established and complacent, but it's more likely that they're just a more professional outfit.
I'm sure they studied the MK model too. A few articles about how being a newcomer into the place forced them to be more proactive than established teams.

peeler

Oh Jesus Nick, ok please tell us when the next JSB party is?

Ok, you asked. My mate (Millwall fan btw) took his lad to a Cov game. He went in, had a look round, watched the game, bought him a hot dog then he was shown to his seat, watched the game and left.

Then my mate took his lad to a Wasps game. He went in, had a look round, his lad went off to the big kidzone thing they were doing and spent an hour doing rugby related stuff and then enjoyed the game. He now wants to get off his arse and play rugby at school. I might be wrong but this may of happened to other kids too.

So Nick, please tell me can you see the difference? he didn't have to join anything to get into certain areas or things but was welcomed for just being there.

I was driving home whilst when the Godiva festival was on and saw a very young asian girl walking home with her parents with her arms full of Wasps stuff, not CCFC stuff. I don't remember CCFC doing anything there.

I know the club have the JSB's but are you really going to say that CCFC do as much as Wasps in the city at present?

TG, you should point Nick to this
http://www.wasps.co.uk/community
Here's the equivalent for CCFC
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/club/community/

I'll let you both decide who does more for the kids, I'm inclined to call it a draw

stupot07

TG, you should point Nick to this
http://www.wasps.co.uk/community
Here's the equivalent for CCFC
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/club/community/

I'll let you both decide who does more for the kids, I'm inclined to call it a draw
All the ccfc community stuff is here - http://www.sbitc.org rather than the ccfc website.

Interesting wasps charitable/community arm doesn't focus anyway near Coventry...
cb2ae0f052b379de7d8f4fd5be9bbc90.jpg

http://www.wasps.co.uk/community/community-foundation

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hopesprings

Yep was just looking ...
Based at the Ricoh Arena, Sky Blues in the Community is formerly a department of Coventry City Football Club formed in 1993 to deliver football in the community initiatives on behalf of the club.

The organisation became a registered charity in December 2008, financially independent from the football club and governed by an independent Board of Trustees. We are supported by the Football League Trust, which oversees the work of community schemes at the 72 Football League clubs.

Over the last five years, the role of Sky Blues in the Community has changed dramatically, from offering traditional football development activities to playing a greater role in driving personal and community development in Coventry and Warwickshire.

Our work now is more than just football.

Is taken from that website

Nick

Administrator
Shock horror. You are stealing Armybikes trick of trying to put it down by saying it isn't the club doing it.

God forbid anybody says anything that could look bad against wasps on a ccfc forum :(

It is a charity isn't it? The same as the way every other club does it to get funding. (including Wasps, who interestingly have this page too - http://www.totalgiving.co.uk/charity/london-wasps-community-foundation)

The page you linked to earlier was actually SBITC also by the way.

Always good how it comes back to the "well it's separate from the club" when it gets down to how much is actually done isn't it?

(by the way, you can click the link in my signature to make a donation also if you like)

Last edited:

The Gentleman

Which question do you want answering?

I meant the statement about how they are doing more.

The fact that you ask that after I've posted at least twice about answering a simple question on this page of this thread alone say's to me (and this is only my opinion) that you really are an arrogant shit. The fact that you couldn't answer my simple question (despite me answering yours) and you go on to really try and prove your point whilst ignoring others proves this. Then you move the goalposts to suit whatever point you're trying to make rather than just answer the question people ask you.

Nick

Administrator
The fact that you ask that after I've posted at least twice about answering a simple question on this page of this thread alone say's to me (and this is only my opinion) that you really are an arrogant shit. The fact that you couldn't answer my simple question (despite me answering yours) and you go on to really try and prove your point whilst ignoring others proves this. Then you move the goalposts to suit whatever point you're trying to make rather than just answer the question people ask you.

So what was the actual question you want answering?

The Gentleman

Another Nick like answer questions with questions and don't actually have the common decency to answer the question you've been continually asked just to try and ram your point home.

Lets give this one more try Oldfiver. Would foreign students who settle and live in Coventry be contributing to the economy? You know like paying council tax and paying bills and buying things from shops they go to in Coventry. Lets see if you can answer this question before asking your own or moving the goalposts

The Gentleman

So what was the actual question you want answering?

I asked Oldfiver his again so we'll try with you too. I'll try and make it short because I cannot be arsed to go round the houses again and I'm sure you can't either.

You asked what Wasps did in the city and I gave a couple of examples of things in the city, one on a match day and the other not a match day. You then said "that isn't in the city". I asked a simple question of whether those things I said were in fact in Coventry. I'll save you the time and the need to respond Nick because they were in the city, Coventry or whatever other name our fair city goes by. I asked for a simple yes or no but rather than have the decency to answer, you then start your own little spin and answering questions with questions. Surely you can see why people get pissed off with it and this is why I said you're arrogant. If you want to do what you do then that's fine Nick, but is it too much to ask for a simple answer, you can say what the hell you like after it.

Nick

Administrator
I asked Oldfiver his again so we'll try with you too. I'll try and make it short because I cannot be arsed to go round the houses again and I'm sure you can't either.

You asked what Wasps did in the city and I gave a couple of examples of things in the city, one on a match day and the other not a match day. You then said "that isn't in the city". I asked a simple question of whether those things I said were in fact in Coventry. I'll save you the time and the need to respond Nick because they were in the city, Coventry or whatever other name our fair city goes by. I asked for a simple yes or no but rather than have the decency to answer, you then start your own little spin and answering questions with questions. Surely you can see why people get pissed off with it and this is why I said you're arrogant. If you want to do what you do then that's fine Nick, but is it too much to ask for a simple answer, you can say what the hell you like after it.

You knew what was meant by "doing things in the city" which means around the city and it is the context that it was being discussed wasn't it? It was clear what was meant when people were on about "doing in the city", rather than just matchdays.

The same as if somebody said that the CCFC stuff before games was "doing things in the city" it would be more of matchday stuff.

The Godiva stuff was doing something in the city, I am sure you can see the difference in the context being talked about.

It is the fact people bang on about x,y and z and things that are done when they don't have a clue what is going on or being done. The same as Italia on another thread going on about what is and isn't done for the kids.

Last edited:

The Gentleman

You knew what was meant by "doing things in the city" which means around the city and it is the context that it was being discussed wasn't it? It was clear what was meant when people were on about "doing in the city", rather than just matchdays.

The same as if somebody said that the CCFC stuff before games was "doing things in the city" it would be more of matchday stuff.

The Godiva stuff was doing something in the city, I am sure you can see the difference in the context being talked about.

Sorry mate but you're wrong, as nobody was discussing this subject on this thread until I mentioned it in post 89 and you replied in post 90.

What you don't seem to realise is that some posts/replies are very literal and to the point and do not have layered meanings and conspiracies attached to them. I am not a stupid person but I am also not highly educated. You asked what they did in the city and I replied, sometimes Nick things are really that simple and just require a simple answer, which I asked for. I know you know a lot about JSB's as you have direct involvement and I don't, which I had admitted on this thread. In the same way, I am sure you're not aware of the things that Wasps are doing in the city too. I was just giving my opinion on what I saw and simply answered your question. You sadly, were not able to do the same

Nick

Administrator
Sorry mate but you're wrong, as nobody was discussing this subject on this thread until I mentioned it in post 89 and you replied in post 90.

What you don't seem to realise is that some posts/replies are very literal and to the point and do not have layered meanings and conspiracies attached to them. I am not a stupid person but I am also not highly educated. You asked what they did in the city and I replied, sometimes Nick things are really that simple and just require a simple answer, which I asked for. I know you know a lot about JSB's as you have direct involvement and I don't, which I had admitted on this thread. In the same way, I am sure you're not aware of the things that Wasps are doing in the city too. I was just giving my opinion on what I saw and simply answered your question. You sadly, were not able to do the same

Sorry, I assumed you would know that as often when talking about things "done in the city" are usually classed as things around the city, going into schools, doing events etc. When people talk about things done on matchdays, it is usually things like "matchday experience" etc etc etc.

I wasn't saying there was a conspiracy, just asking what was done and what wasn't done because people too often make the statements about CCFC not doing things when they have no idea what is actually done. The same people are usually nowhere to be seen on the threads saying how great some of the things are.

I have never said Wasps don't do anything, or that they do little. They do quite a lot, I just find it strange how CCFC fans want to jump to say how great the stuff they do is compared to CCFC, when they don't know what CCFC is doing. It's strange.

Users who are viewing this thread