chances in making it to wembely! (1 Viewer)

CCFCschoey

playoffs and johnstones paint trophy? THE MIGHTY SKY BLUES COULD BE GOING TO WEMBELY! how many sky blues do you think would make the journey?

Otis

Why would you think that? Just how many times have we been knocked out of cups by lower league opposition?

We are now lower league ourselves. Would be willing to put money on it that we will be knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Why would you think that? Just how many times have we been knocked out of cups by lower league opposition?

We are now lower league ourselves. Would be willing to put money on it that we will be knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round.

Nice avatar Otis! ;)

tbh444

I'd hate to reach the JPT final - teams often bring about 30k fans who are far more interested in a day out than actually bothered about winning the thing. And Wembley's pretty crap anyway, but still a play-off final would be good just for the huge amount riding on the game.

Astute

I'd hate to reach the JPT final - teams often bring about 30k fans who are far more interested in a day out than actually bothered about winning the thing. And Wembley's pretty crap anyway, but still a play-off final would be good just for the huge amount riding on the game.

I have been going to games for about 35 years now. In all that time I have seen us win one thing. Would be very happy to win the paintpot cup.

BTW Wembley is better than a normal away day. An away day is more than going to a game. I don't see a problem with going more for the day out than the game. That is the norm for a lot of us. If we only went for the game we would only do home games as it is much cheaper and easier to get to for most.

Otis

Ahhh ... Sky Blue fans and their rose-tinted glasses, dreaming of Wembley!!! :facepalm:

We have such a fantastic record against teams from Leagues One and Two don't we. Is it time for me to resurrect my 'I'll eat my hat' statement? :thinking about:

Astute

We will be about favourites for the paintpot cup. The last time we were favourites with the bookies we proved them right. Just the same as with Div 3. If our squad isn't ripped apart again and we add a few players I will be having a big wager on us either getting promoted or winning the division.

Let me have my dreams for once please Otis

thorninmyside

Oh god are we honestly talking about the paint pot final as a positive thing. Its good thing for the likes of bournemouth.

When we start accepting crap like that it's at that point we become a poor club not just a poor team

Astute

I would prefer to be positive about some things than negative about everything.

We might even get a top 6 finish. I suppose that woudn't count though as it is in Div 3.

skyblue19

Chesterfield and Swindon, I bet they were not favourites but got to the final. May have more important things to think about by then. Love a cup run though, whatever it is!

ccfc_Tom

Oh god are we honestly talking about the paint pot final as a positive thing. Its good thing for the likes of bournemouth.

When we start accepting crap like that it's at that point we become a poor club not just a poor team

I'm sure if we won that and league 1 you'd be ecstatic, i know i would. I've never seen us win any cup.

sylus

yeah the jpt...is a joke,it must be..i wouldnt be seen dead at it...no chance, we have suddening became a very poor club..and team..and you lot are just accepting crap..good for you.....listen..we are shit...the club is shit...sisu is shit..thorn is shit..fuk..everything about coventry city is shit.. JPT......:laugh:

thorninmyside

Not being negative I'm thoroughly ashamed of everything sky blue at the moment. I am sorry to all whom disagree with me. But after 40 years the 3rd div and a pisspot trophy just aint good enough for coventry city football club. I certainly will not out my money into the rubbish that currently passes for a team. A council. Owners and a Charity who simply screwed up everything between them to rid us of any pride whatsoever. Shame on every single one of them

100 miles from Cov.

I have no problem if we got to wembley even if it is the JPT. That is our level as it stands so it would give us something to smile about. The posters moaning about it can stay at home. :)

rob9872

Now that we're a L1 minnow, I look forward to us taking on Blyth Spartans and Halifax in the early FA cup rounds and then listen glued to the radio for the 3rd round draw when hopefully we can get one of the Premier League big boys and do a giant killing act on Norwich City or Wigan Athletic :(

Users who are viewing this thread