Change in Formation (1 Viewer)

ptr

Think it’s about time. Rose should be dropped after today but we have no back-up. Wouldn’t want Panzo playing there on his weaker foot.

Time for 4-3-3? Robins used it a little in pre-season

Moore
Dabo Fadz Doyle Bidwell
Allen Sheaf Hamer
Tavares Godden Gyokeres
I am aware we do not have any natural wingers but Gyo seems to be more effective when cutting in from the left anyway. Leaves Godden to just do what he’s good at, staying central and being in around the penalty area. Tavares may not be ready yet but his pace would offer something different at least.

3 at the back just isn’t working with the amount of goals we are conceding. Let Fadz and Doyle form a partnership then at least we have cover in the form of Rose and Panzo. Also fear for Bidwell playing 90 minutes at LWB twice a week. At least this formation takes off the pressure to get forward.

Really, with the small squad we have, there is no ideal solution/formation but really do think it’s time for something new.

pusbccfc

I love 4-3-3 but he's never going to play it with Taveres. Robins clearly doesn't fancy him playing much of a part.

PVA

I didn't hear it but someone on here said that he ruled out 4 at the back in his post match interview

ptr

I didn't hear it but someone on here said that he ruled out 4 at the back in his post match interview

Ah find that strange. Leaving our our wing backs 1v1 against players like Wallace and Diangana will not end well. Give them space and they will hurt us.

ptr

I love 4-3-3 but he's never going to play it with Taveres. Robins clearly doesn't fancy him playing much of a part.

We never get to see him use his pace. Would be interesting to see what he’s like 1v1 when facing a full back. But Robins knows him better than us I guess.

rob9872

Tavares offered nothing when he came on. I'm not sure what Jamie's best option is, but despite his 100% effort in every game he's lacking quality. I think people are trying to put square pegs in round holes. All of the teams above scare me more than today's line up.

We dont really have the personnel for 433 or 442, all that has happened is just exposing how much the only shape we're set up for really relies on O'Hare, so until then I think we need to persevere and hope Palmer improves with a run of games.

shmmeee

Moore
Dabo Fadz Doyle Bidwell
Palmer Sheaf Hamer
Walker Godden Györkeres

I’d give that a go. Or:

Moore
Dabo Fadz Doyle Bidwell
Hamer Sheaf
Walker Palmer Györkeres
Godden

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Get these next couple of horrible games out of the way, and rub a bit of Deep Heat on C O'H's hammy and we'll have him ready for a 'shades' winner against Blues.

Frostie

There's no way you could play McFadzean in a flat back 4, his lack of pace would be massively exposed, he gets away with it playing central in a 3.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes. Doyle is not quick either which leaves Panzo & Rose, neither of which is reliable enough positionally. Add to that that Dabo is far better going forward than he is defending & it's a recipe for disaster.
That's before we even look at what is needed to create width further forward etc. It's nonsensical.

Tomh111

5 at the back is the best formation for us, but j think we need 2 strikers at the minute.

We've had no outlet and nobody to hold the ball up with a lone striker, so it keeps coming back at us.

We also don't have enough midfielders in the squad to play 4, in my opinion.

I'd personally play the below (with a preference for the 1st player):

Moore/Wilson

Bidwell
Doyle/Panzo
Fadz
Rose
Dabo/Eccles

Hamer/Allen
Sheaf

O'Hare/Palmer

Gyokeres/Walker
Godden/Waghorn

Gint11

Think it’s about time. Rose should be dropped after today but we have no back-up. Wouldn’t want Panzo playing there on his weaker foot.

Time for 4-3-3? Robins used it a little in pre-season

Moore
Dabo Fadz Doyle Bidwell
Allen Sheaf Hamer
Tavares Godden Gyokeres
I am aware we do not have any natural wingers but Gyo seems to be more effective when cutting in from the left anyway. Leaves Godden to just do what he’s good at, staying central and being in around the penalty area. Tavares may not be ready yet but his pace would offer something different at least.

3 at the back just isn’t working with the amount of goals we are conceding. Let Fadz and Doyle form a partnership then at least we have cover in the form of Rose and Panzo. Also fear for Bidwell playing 90 minutes at LWB twice a week. At least this formation takes off the pressure to get forward.

Really, with the small squad we have, there is no ideal solution/formation but really do think it’s time for something new.

I agree with this and been thinking it too. 3 at the back isn’t working. We are like a chocolate teapot at the back. We need to try something different to stop the rot.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Moore
Dabo Fadz Doyle Bidwell
Palmer Sheaf Kane
Walker Godden Györkeres

I’d give that a go. Or:

Moore
Dabo Fadz Doyle Bidwell
Hamer Sheaf
Walker Palmer Györkeres
Godden

I can’t work out if it’s a typo or you’re actually proposing putting Kane in midfield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Other manages must know exactly what we will try and do.

If we are losing, we wait until it's way too late and bring a defender off for a striker and go 4-3-3.

Users who are viewing this thread