Charles Cook Gone (1 Viewer)

CCFC54321

Utter dog shit as a keeper. Even go as far as he was pathetic. Burge is no better and needs to grow a pair of balls. Both are weak and give Goalkeepers a bad name.

As you may of guessed I don't rate either of them and Burge needs shipping out as well.

Nick

Administrator
Got to love the outrage on the Telegraph site about it. You would think the Telegraph would be slightly embarassed about it.

Fergusons_Beard

Isn't ironic that all I remember RCC for is the 'unbelievable teccers' he had doing Keepy-up in the half time warm up of MOST games!

If he was half the keeper he showed as a ball juggler he wouldn't be going.

Good lad though and I wish him all the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick

Administrator
I thought he would have made a better outfield player, with the ball at his feet he could pick a pass.

fernandopartridge

I liked RCC but he did make a number of real howlers, even more so than Burge, remains to be seen with O'Brien but he doesn't appear much if any improvement on RCC at this moment in time.

shmmeee

Bye RCC, always liked your personality and by the looks of it your clean sheet record will be safe for a bit, but if you can’t get in ahead of Burge and LOB then you ain’t no keeper.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Might be wrong but I think we should have got rid of Burge .Why did we sell him to a rival ? Just think it might come back to haunt us even before the end of the season. Good luck to him.

Nick

Administrator
Might be wrong but I think we should have got rid of Burge .Why did we sell him to a rival ? Just think it might come back to haunt us even before the end of the season. Good luck to him.
Because he wasn't in the managers plans and nobody higher would want him, and we wanted him off the wage bill?

ccfcrob

Would have preferred Burge to have been sold rather then RCC but hey ho. O'Brien to be number one for a good few years

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Because he wasn't in the managers plans and nobody higher would want him, and we wanted him off the wage bill?
While I agree about all that just think it will come back to haunt us .The fact we sell him to a rival if he went to someone who is not liable to be at the top end fair enough ,any chance the money can be used to improve the team or is that asking too much.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Seems like a nice bloke. Thought he'd eventually do well here, not to be.
I agree, but bing nice doesnt seem to get you anywhere in today's world !

NortonSkyBlue

Best wishes RCC, go on and prove yourself a decent keeper.
Having Nathan Clarke and various excuses for defenders in front of you would have exposed any goalie.
Has LOB done any better?

skybluetony176

Thought RCC was pretty dire meself.

Best of luck to him and all that, but not exactly a disaster he's gone.

Wouldn't go as far as to say dire but I do think sections of our fan base got so obsessed with how bad they think Burge is they convinced themselves that RCC was better. Which he isn't. Wouldn't have been bothered if he'd stayed as number two but he would have been just that as out the two only Burge is good enough to challenge for number one. Competition is healthy for every position and for me RCC although alright didn't offer any.

Good bit of business I think if it free's up money for other areas of the team.

Otis

Wouldn't go as far as to say dire but I do think sections of our fan base got so obsessed with how bad they think Burge is they convinced themselves that RCC was better. Which he isn't. Wouldn't have been bothered if he'd stayed as number two but he would have been just that as out the two only Burge is good enough to challenge for number one. Competition is healthy for every position and for me RCC although alright didn't offer any.

I think it was simpler than that. Burge was dithery and nervous and Cook quite the opposite, being over confident.

I simply think fans liked a keeper who would come and try and claim everything and was quite verbal. Burge would stay on his line when RCC would come flying out.

They both made a lot of mistakes, but I think fans preferred a keeper that tried to impose himself and claim crosses etc.

There is absolutely no doubt the back 4 were more nervy with Burge behind them than they were with RCC.

skybluetony176

I think it was simpler than that. Burge was dithery and nervous and Cook quite the opposite, being over confident.

I simply think fans liked a keeper who would come and try and claim everything and was quite verbal. Burge would stay on his line when RCC would come flying out.

They both made a lot of mistakes, but I think fans preferred a keeper that tried to impose himself and claim crosses etc.

There is absolutely no doubt the back 4 were more nervy with Burge behind them than they were with RCC.

RCC was definitely over confident but Burge has come on leaps and bounds. Especially since Wembley. Thought he was good Tuesday night against opposition who in theory should be better than anything we come up against in the league. He was very vocal from start to finish, his kicking was good (don't think one ball went out of play), the first goal we scored was down to Burge as much as anyone with his quick thinking and accurate throw out to JJ, he was cool calm and collective on every cross that came into the box and when he did come running out to clear the ball not only was it a good call he timed it perfectly. Yes we conceded 3 but the first two were defensive errors and he very nearly saved the first shot for the second goal at almost point blank range wasn't that far of from getting something on the follow up and as for the third goal couldn't see it fully as I was at the other end of the ground but from where I was sitting it looked like a perfectly taken free kick into the top right hand corner of the net that wouldn't have given any goalie any chance.

Personally of the back of that performance I'd be starting him next game.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Liked RCC, enjoyed his 'bantz' on social media when we had THAT 6 months in 2015.

I was resigned to him going when Burge signed a new contract in the summer.

I'd personally have him over Burge but now is the time to get behind Burge & LO'B as they battle it out for the toughest position on the pitch!

Good luck RCC but I hope you make a few clangers to benefit us should we meet again!

higgs

His career will take off now that he isn't being held back by oggys coaching

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Rcc attracted a fee. You'd have to pay a club to take the worthless Burge - case closed.

Didn’t need to, we were that club when we resigned him in the summer. Writing was on the wall for RCC from then.

Really hope O’Brien comes good. But I can’t remember the last keeper who got significantly better with us. Maybe we were spoiled by the ones we had in the Prem, and this is just what lower league keepers look like.

higgs

Didn’t need to, we were that club when we resigned him in the summer. Writing was on the wall for RCC from then.

Really hope O’Brien comes good. But I can’t remember the last keeper who got significantly better with us. Maybe we were spoiled by the ones we had in the Prem, and this is just what lower league keepers look like.
Coaching must be poor

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Covstu

I think there is more to come from RCC, still young and developing. I think with a decent back four you would see a different keeper. One we will regret I think.

Nick

Administrator
What advantage would it be to keep him given he doesn't even get a game in the reserves?

Because they don't even realise that before they comment.
giphy.gif

Hobo

If you want to sell it helps to sell to someone who wants to buy. I don't think there was like a massive line of clubs wanting his signature.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

If you want to sell it helps to sell to someone who wants to buy. I don't think there was like a massive line of clubs wanting his signature.
Its the fact we sold to a team that will probably be up towards the top come the end of the season .If he turns in good games the deal wont look so good if we lose out.

letsallsingtogether

Wouldn't go as far as to say dire but I do think sections of our fan base got so obsessed with how bad they think Burge is they convinced themselves that RCC was better. Which he isn't. Wouldn't have been bothered if he'd stayed as number two but he would have been just that as out the two only Burge is good enough to challenge for number one. Competition is healthy for every position and for me RCC although alright didn't offer

Tony this proves your point another case closed.

Rcc attracted a fee. You'd have to pay a club to take the worthless Burge - case closed.

Adge

Yeah-a bit like Conor Thomas!:emoji_thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread