Cheap Train Tickets (1 Viewer)

tom88

Hello,

I am not one for using trains but I want to get my train tickets for the trip to Wembley.

Can anyone help me as they are coming out at about £92 open return for 2 adults. (£46.00 each)

Depart Sun 2 April around 11:00/11:30 am

Ideally would like to travel from Nuneaton or Rugby if the prices are a lot cheaper. I've tried train websites but when I see people banding they paid £15.00-£30 return I want to try and get to these prices

Please help!

Otis

Hello,

I am not one for using trains but I want to get my train tickets for the trip to Wembley.

Can anyone help me as they are coming out at about £92 open return for 2 adults. (£46.00 each)

Depart Sun 2 April around 11:00/11:30 am

Ideally would like to travel from Nuneaton or Rugby if the prices are a lot cheaper. I've tried train websites but when I see people banding they paid £15.00-£30 return I want to try and get to these prices

Please help!
Rugby may be easier, as it is on the Euston route.

Have a look online on virgintrains.co.uk

Some single tickets were coming out at around £6-£9.

Go for two singles. Could be much cheaper.

Monners

You can use contactless cards on the tube. Works out cheaper than a travelcard - depending on how many journeys you will be taking

tom88

You can use contactless cards on the tube. Works out cheaper than a travelcard - depending on how many journeys you will be taking

I take it you buy contactless cards from the station on the day?

Rugby - LDN Euston - 11:04 - £14.00 2 adults

LDN Euston - Rugby - 20:18 - £18.00 2 adults

westofrayne

Your tube cost will be nearly as expensive as the train fare. Use contactless cheaper than buying a travel pass.

Ian1779

Not sure where people's location are but if they live near Wellingborough/Kettering the line down there is cheap.

Just got a return from Wellingborough - St Pancras plus tube for £32.

Monners

I take it you buy contactless cards from the station on the day?

Rugby - LDN Euston - 11:04 - £14.00 2 adults

LDN Euston - Rugby - 20:18 - £18.00 2 adults
No. I mean if you have Contactless on your cashpoint card you just place on the "touch in" yellow circle as you enter the barrier and "touch out" when you exit at the barrier. Your bank account is debited automatically

tom88

No. I mean if you have Contactless on your cashpoint card you just place on the "touch in" yellow circle as you enter the barrier and "touch out" when you exit at the barrier. Your bank account is debited automatically

Got it - Sorry I'm an embarrassment when it comes to trains

Monners

Got it - Sorry I'm an embarrassment when it comes to trains
Don't worry mate, I wouldn't have known you can use the tube and bus i London like this until someone told me.

I work in London so buy advance tickets for particular trains and use contactless on the tube/bus - works out cheaper that way.

tom88

Don't worry mate, I wouldn't have known you can use the tube and bus i London like this until someone told me.

I work in London so buy advance tickets for particular trains and use contactless on the tube/bus - works out cheaper that way.

Cheers mate, how do I get to Wembley from Euston station?

Monners

Cheers mate, how do I get to Wembley from Euston station?
Get the Metropolitan Line from Euston Square to Wembley Park (turn right out of Euston, 5 minute walk to Euston Square).

Or get the Overground from Euston to Wembley Central

Otis

I have an Oyster card, so dead easy for me.

Otis

Get the Metropolitan Line from Euston Square to Wembley Park (turn right out of Euston, 5 minute walk to Euston Square).

Or get the Overground from Euston to Wembley Central
As it is Sunday though, best check the Metropolitan is running okay that day.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Any One know if there going to put on the Sky Blue express trains from Cov station to Wembley station ?

As they did back in 87 !!!

Otis

Check the Transport for London website nearer the time (currently only goes up to March for planned works). There is also Jubilee line too.

Stone me, do you lot want me set your alarm clocks for you too! :bag:
I get the weekly TFL weekend update email, Monners, so I am right on it.

Am always in London.

duffer

Check the Transport for London website nearer the time (currently only goes up to March for planned works). There is also Jubilee line too.

Stone me, do you lot want me set your alarm clocks for you too! :bag:

I was hoping you could meet us and hold our hands through the station to stop us getting lost. :)

Monners

I was hoping you could meet us and hold our hands through the station to stop us getting lost. :)

Not a bad idea - life does move quite fast down here!

200w.gif

OffenhamSkyBlue

Why aren't there any direct trains from Warwick Parkway to Wembley Stadium??? Gotta go into Marylebone and back out again! How short-sighted can you get?!

ceetee

I went to Wembley a couple of years ago on an experience trip.

it was a lot cheaper to change at High Wycombe than go into Marylebone and come back out

Users who are viewing this thread