Cheap Train Tickets (1 Viewer)

OffenhamSkyBlue

Substantially more expensive doing it that way Ceetee. Be interesting to know if Chiltern will put on a direct service

Monners

Can also use London Midland and change a Watford to get into Wembley Central - no need to go into Euston

Rusty Trombone

A family ticket (2 adults 2 kids) going from Leamington to Wembley, including any tubes/buses (in case you want to go into London), and anytime travel all day, is £50. Seems good value, I think I'll drive down though.

Otis

Can also use London Midland and change a Watford to get into Wembley Central - no need to go into Euston
Yep.

Here's pretty much the definitive list...

Sunday 2nd. From COVENTRY.

I have put a YES for those that stop at Watford Junction and NO for those that don't.

Depart Arrival Operator

9.51 - 11.31 Virgin YES

10.44 -12.38 LM YES

10.51 - 12.27 Virgin YES

11.51 - 13.06 Virgin NO

12.11 - 13.20 Virgin NO

12.31 - 13.38 Virgin NO

12.44 - 14.48 LM YES

12.51 - 13.57 Virgin YES

13.11 - 14.18 Virgin NO

Otis

* If the game kicks off at 14.30, then the train arriving at 14.18 is probably pushing it.

;)

Nick

Administrator
Which site are you using? Trainline tells me to go to Leamington then Gerrards Cross then to wembley.

Covcraig@bury

Hello,

I am not one for using trains but I want to get my train tickets for the trip to Wembley.

Can anyone help me as they are coming out at about £92 open return for 2 adults. (£46.00 each)

Depart Sun 2 April around 11:00/11:30 am

Ideally would like to travel from Nuneaton or Rugby if the prices are a lot cheaper. I've tried train websites but when I see people banding they paid £15.00-£30 return I want to try and get to these prices

Please help!
We are going Coventry to Euston 9.51am =£ 7.50 then Euston to Nuneaton 21.51pm =£14.50....£22 Full day on the piss...PUSB

OffenhamSkyBlue

I will keep the board updated with any info I find on trains, but Mrs OSB doesn't want to travel on a football special for some reason, so my preferred mode of transport will be driving to some godforsaken suburb to the northwest of London and Met Line it to Wembers Centraal.

PUSB

Otis

They are more expensive!
You sure?

I always use Virgin now. I used to use the Train line, but pretty much found no difference in price.

Anyway, this was a list of times and arrivals rather than for prices. ;)

oldfiver

Chiltern Line
Warwick, Leamington Banbury etc

April 2nd
There is also a sporting event at Wembley Stadium – Checkatrade Trophy Final. An amended timetable will operate for most of the day, with many services calling additionally at Wembley Stadium.

Good Afternoon
Thank you for getting in touch.
I can see that we released an amended timetable for 19/03/2017 on 02/02/2017 so maybe revised again around 20/02/2017.
Once the update has been released you will find the amended timetable at https://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/tickets-and-times/changes/2017-03
Hope this information helps and thank you once again for getting in touch.
Chiltern Railways Email Team

T

@irgWR11 @Coventry_City @CheckatradeTrpy There is likely to be an amended schedule however this has not been confirmed as yet. SR[/QUOTE]

Otis

If anyone who is planning wants to get the tube from Watford Junction to Wembley Central, the times are as follows.

Watford Junction towards Euston

01 21 and 41 past the hour. 10 stops, 20 mins to Wembley Central.

Coming back from Wembley Central towards Watford Junction

18 38 and 58 past the hour.

Hope that helps. :)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Booked at 6 tonight from Rugby 10 36 out 18 50 back £31 20 out £18 00 back 2 adults 2 children booked through Virgin on group £49 20 for 4 of us good value parking £4.The old git's got 1 window seat Vick will have to sort it out with the kids for the other.

no_loyalty

Just booked train from Tipton to Wembley Stadium (3 changes) for £6.50 each way, took a risk by booking train back at 17.22 otherwise would have cost £29.40 for next train

Otis

Just booked train from Tipton to Wembley Stadium (3 changes) for £6.50 each way, took a risk by booking train back at 17.22 otherwise would have cost £29.40 for next train
Best hope for no extra time then.

If there is you'll never make it.

Fingers crossed we can win it in normal time.

Users who are viewing this thread