Checkatrade Final Rant (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

I need to get this off my chest, I am sincerely pissed off with the amount of non City fans who have already booked their train tickets for Wembley, one in particular is a Spurs fan who quite often takes the piss out of me about City, when I questioned the twat earlier today he said "I was born in Coventry so I have the right to go and support my local team"

Rant over!!!!

Joy Division

I need to get this off my chest, I am sincerely pissed off with the amount of non City fans who have already booked their train tickets for Wembley, one in particular is a Spurs fan who quite often takes the piss out of me about City, when I questioned the twat earlier today he said "I was born in Coventry so I have the right to go and support my local team"

Rant over!!!!

Hopefully he's daft enough to book a train ticket before considering if he's able to get a ticket for the game.

CovisGod

There really is no_loyalty is there.....

To be fair I'll be coming with 3 mates, two are Spurs fans, one supports United but they've been to Cov with me more than half the folks in Cov have, we've already been to 5 games this season together (from Norfolk) and they want to come along as much as everyone else.

I don't see it being as big an issue as some people are making out, there will be plenty of tickets. If we sell our allocation they'll give us some more, and some more until everybody who wants to go goes.

Nick

Administrator

Rant over!!!!

Had the same from a few people.

Usually the ones who give it the "do you still go up" or the "we are shit, dont know why you bother going" stuff. Same were mad for it against Crewe too!

Hopefully the ticketing priority will work properly.

Joy Division

I don't see it being as big an issue as some people are making out, there will be plenty of tickets. If we sell our allocation they'll give us some more, and some more until everybody who wants to go goes.

Wembley can only hold so many people, don't forget Oxford or Luton are likely to bring a big support.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Every team has this problem, back in 87, if you purchased a season ticket for the year after you were given priority, if you buy one now, the same, or a match day package etc.

Always happens to every club, chill, roll with it and enjoy the day yourself rather than through the eyes of what others want to do

Can someone tell me the connection between Glory supporters and Coventry City football club i'm struggling to make the connection... I think anyone who has watched Coventry for any period of time in the last 30 years deserves the chance to watch them at Wembley. Who cares if you go every week now or you just go up for the bigger games, I went every week for years but now times and personal circumstances have changed which means i don't go regular but it doesn't give me less right to go and see them at Wembley, get over yourselves guys..the reality is there's gonna be plenty of tickets to go round. PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Every team has this problem, back in 87, if you purchased a season ticket for the year after you were given priority, if you buy one now, the same, or a match day package etc.

Always happens to every club, chill, roll with it and enjoy the day yourself rather than through the eyes of what others want to do

Imagine the outrage if they linked it to buying a season ticket or match package for next year!

Sky Blue Dal

Rant over!!!!

He's a closet City supporter ... Can't see a problem here?

Liquid Gold

There is no problem with people jumping on the bandwagon provided that genuine fans get their tickets. People who support his shit deserve their day out, if there are some left after then let the part timers have some. BUT every effort should be made to ensure genuine city fans, particularly ones who have attended this season get a ticket first.

Esoterica

I've lived abroad for 10 years. Prior to that I have been a season ticket holder and then attended the games I could around my own matches. These days I have to make do with listening to every game on Sky Blues Player and spending too much time on here. I'd love to go this match, but I am fully respectful of my place in the pecking order for a ticket. However I would be seething to lose out on a ticket to someone who supports another team and just fancies the day out.

Nick

Administrator
There is no problem with people jumping on the bandwagon provided that genuine fans get their tickets. People who support his shit deserve their day out, if there are some left after then let the part timers have some. BUT every effort should be made to ensure genuine city fans, particularly ones who have attended this season get a ticket first.

Agree, I also think away tickets should come into the equation too before general sale. (they might already)

There are people flying from Florida for this game, harsh if they missed out because a spurs fan wanted a few beers!

Liquid Gold

Agree, I also think away tickets should come into the equation too before general sale. (they might already)

There are people flying from Florida for this game, harsh if they missed out because a spurs fan wanted a few beers!
It would be good if they could create an algorithm to scan social media and check they haven't called for the club to be liquidated or something too.

Sky Blue Kid

There are none more genuine than the "Sixfield Superfans" They should be before anyone. Judge and Jury eh!

shmmeee

I've lived abroad for 10 years. Prior to that I have been a season ticket holder and then attended the games I could around my own matches. These days I have to make do with listening to every game on Sky Blues Player and spending too much time on here. I'd love to go this match, but I am fully respectful of my place in the pecking order for a ticket. However I would be seething to lose out on a ticket to someone who supports another team and just fancies the day out.

Same here. I've only been to the semi this season, mostly because I go with my Dad and he'd had enough, but if I'm honest I could have gone on my own and didn't.

I have no issue with being behind anyone who has been watching the crap we've been serving up this year, but I would not be happy with some glory supporting twat who doesn't give a shit about CCFC normally getting a ticket ahead of me. Especially as I'm hoping making it my daughter's first proper game (she went to the charity game at the Ricoh when we were in Northampton so that doesn't count) and therefore turning her into a lifelong CCFC fan.

Nick

Administrator
Same here. I've only been to the semi this season, mostly because I go with my Dad and he'd had enough, but if I'm honest I could have gone on my own and didn't.

I have no issue with being behind anyone who has been watching the crap we've been serving up this year, but I would not be happy with some glory supporting twat who doesn't give a shit about CCFC normally getting a ticket ahead of me. Especially as I'm hoping making it my daughter's first proper game (she went to the charity game at the Ricoh when we were in Northampton so that doesn't count) and therefore turning her into a lifelong CCFC fan.

Get her in the JSBs as well :) Some people might turn their noses up but the reaction when getting a letter from sky blue sam or a certificate to go on the fridge etc!

Paxman II

Fans coming out of the woodwork to get tickets for a Wembley final are not unusual by any standards. It's the whole point isn't it to have a little unexpected success and in return the club has tempted the 'lost' fans back? How else would you suggest the club did that?
The same scenario would happen if we were on a run at the top of the table. That's precisely what it is all about to be a football fan.
People are put off by constant failure and only signs of success will bring back the missing.

So I don't blame those fans one bit for coming out the woodwork. Hopefully it helps initiate a few more fans attending a league game again and the response from the team has to be the good this final has brought to their confidence, and post a few wins. If they don't they lose them again.

shmmeee

Get her in the JSBs as well :) Some people might turn their noses up but the reaction when getting a letter from sky blue sam or a certificate to go on the fridge etc!

To be honest mate, after the charity game her reaction was "City are boring", so I've been waiting for that not to be the case because I reckon I might not get her along again if she goes to watch 6k rattle around the Ricoh while we lose 0-1.

covcity4life

To be honest mate, after the charity game her reaction was "City are boring", so I've been waiting for that not to be the case because I reckon I might not get her along again if she goes to watch 6k rattle around the Ricoh while we lose 0-1.

nah mate the kids are there, the kids are always there and they LOVE IT

lmao

Nick

Administrator

The JSB stuff will get her into it :)

Otis

Rant over!!!!
I'm a bit unclear.

Is this your Checkatrade Final Rant, or your Checkatrade, final rant?

Are there more, or is that it?

Liquid Gold

Would be great if there was an amazing atmosphere at the final for us to win and turn some of these bandwagoners into regular fans for our league two promotion push

covcity4life

i'll look into the JSB stuff. I'd forgotten it's not all about the football.

im joking at another poster. i agree that some kids find it boring. ny nephews love football but find cov games boring. they love wasp games though :(

but thats less about the sport and more about the activities.

sylus

I am hoping to attend Wembley myself although i haven't attended a single game this season,mostly due to the clubs situation of course,now up until this season i regularly attended the RIcoh and before that highfield rd with many a year, "too many to count now" being a season ticket holder.i was at the Cup final of 87 and i remember the 3rd round against Bolton at home,the attendance was just over 12,000,we took more than that to Sheffield weds in the Quarter final..i do NOT see myself as a fan coming out of the woodwork as some will call it,or jumping on the bandwagon,during the 80/90s i was often seen at away games too.

eastwoodsdustman

On a lighter note, I have a season ticket in Block 14. I haven't sat there all season(Not even been in block 14) due to the Drum really pissing me off. Anyhow I thought I'd sit there on Tuesday night just to try it. Went up the stairs and was fumbling for my seat when some bloke asked 'are you lost mate' with a big smile on his face. I told him that it was my season ticket seat etc but he looked at me as if to say 'only here for the ticket mate'. The drum was getting on my tits so I went back to block 22.
I'll now have to suffer it up there for a couple of games now to restore some pride.

Users who are viewing this thread