Checkatrade Final Rant (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

I need to get this off my chest, I am sincerely pissed off with the amount of non City fans who have already booked their train tickets for Wembley, one in particular is a Spurs fan who quite often takes the piss out of me about City, when I questioned the twat earlier today he said "I was born in Coventry so I have the right to go and support my local team"

Rant over!!!!

A rants not going to calm you mate, you're going to have to kill him.

Houdi

Can someone tell me the connection between Glory supporters and Coventry City football club i'm struggling to make the connection... I think anyone who has watched Coventry for any period of time in the last 30 years deserves the chance to watch them at Wembley. Who cares if you go every week now or you just go up for the bigger games, I went every week for years but now times and personal circumstances have changed which means i don't go regular but it doesn't give me less right to go and see them at Wembley, get over yourselves guys..the reality is there's gonna be plenty of tickets to go round. PUSB
I don't think anyone minds Coventry fans who live abroad or who now live miles away going,or indeed fans who through poor health,cost or because they just got fed up of the constant failure from going.
I think what irks a lot of people, is people in Coventry who support other clubs, and who have openly mocked CCFC, suddenly deciding to become Cov fans for 1 day only. Would much rather their tickets went to exiles from Coventry,who still clearly support the club,albeit from afar.

sylus

I don't think anyone minds Coventry fans who live abroad or who now live miles away going,or indeed fans who through poor health,cost or because they just got fed up of the constant failure from going.
I think what irks a lot of people, is people in Coventry who support other clubs, and who have openly mocked CCFC, suddenly deciding to become Cov fans for 1 day only. Would much rather their tickets went to exiles from Coventry,who still clearly support the club,albeit from afar.

people jumped on the bandwagon and went to wembley who actually supported other teams in 87,still didn't stop those who wanted to go and it won't now.or is wembley for only those 7-8000 regulars supporters who still go,if so wembley will look very empty from our side.

mrtrench

If the club is smart it will issue a mini season ticket for remaining home games with seconds dibs on ticket allocation. Subordinated to full season ticket holders

Sky Blue Kid

Not trying to put a spanner in the works but a lot of "Walk ups" go to every game both home and away. I think that there should be some sort of proviso for these people. After all they pay more than a ST holder does.

ericagradus

I am really worried I won't get tickets for Wembley. Despite being a season ticket holder for many years. And travelling to away games. I have recently had a baby and couldn't commit to a season ticket this season. So looks despite my dedication to the club, I will be fighting with non Coventry fans in the general sale

Gazolba

Why does anyone care what anyone else does? There's plenty of room at Wembley for anyone who wants to see two Division 3 sides duking it out.

Astute

Why does anyone care what anyone else does? There's plenty of room at Wembley for anyone who wants to see two Division 3 sides duking it out.
All of our tickets will be sold. The question is how quickly. All that people like myself can do is wait for the second that they come on general sale....if they do.....and hope for the best. At worse I will join you all for a few jars then watch it on TV.

albatross

S
I am hoping to attend Wembley myself although i haven't attended a single game this season,mostly due to the clubs situation of course,now up until this season i regularly attended the RIcoh and before that highfield rd with many a year, "too many to count now" being a season ticket holder.i was at the Cup final of 87 and i remember the 3rd round against Bolton at home,the attendance was just over 12,000,we took more than that to Sheffield weds in the Quarter final..i do NOT see myself as a fan coming out of the woodwork as some will call it,or jumping on the bandwagon,during the 80/90s i was often seen at away games too.

Sylus I think this is a great post , however there are many that believe that supporters like myself and yourself have an inflated view of ourselves. There are several on here that would seemingly like us to have to complete a questionnaire and complete a face to face panel interview to determine if we are truly loyal and deserving supporters. Only then should we be allowed to apply for a ticket.

Nick

Administrator
S

Sylus I think this is a great post , however there are many that believe that supporters like myself and yourself have an inflated view of ourselves. There are several on here that would seemingly like us to have to complete a questionnaire and complete a face to face panel interview to determine if we are truly loyal and deserving supporters. Only then should we be allowed to apply for a ticket.

It's what happens when people make big statements - Wycombe

Last week he didn't care and wanted to tell everybody he didn't care and tell everybody it was a 2nd rate mickey mouse trophy. Last week it was "you" not "we" or "us" but things suddenly reverse.

Aren't you abroad?

NorthernWisdom

All of our tickets will be sold. The question is how quickly. All that people like myself can do is wait for the second that they come on general sale....if they do.....and hope for the best. At worse I will join you all for a few jars then watch it on TV.
Yeah. Said I'm not that fussed, but hey the bandwagon's rolling so would be rude not to join in if I could but, if I miss out... my own fault really, innit ;)

Esoterica

S
I haven't seen anyone saying that and if they are, please show me, so I can go and call them a fucking idiot. You're exactly the type of fan that needs this cup final either as a reward for the shit endured or to try and reinvigorate your desire. It's just the locals that have been PL fans because supporting a shitty local team was beneath them that I wouldn't like to see genuine fans lose out to. Someone will pull Sylus' thread about not giving a fuck though and it is going to make him look like a right hypocrite so he'll get some deserving stick for that, although I doubt anyone would begrudge him a ticket in reality.

EDIT: Nick's already linked it!

no_loyalty

S

All genuine City fans deserve to get a ticket regardless of when they last went to a match, in my opinion people who were born in Coventry and are supporters of other team's, who just fancy a day out on the piss do not deserve a ticket

Grendel

S

If the questionnaire asked would you choose between Wembley or league one survival this season how would you vote?

Nick

Administrator
I haven't seen anyone saying that and if they are, please show me, so I can go and call them a fucking idiot. You're exactly the type of fan that needs this cup final either as a reward for the shit endured or to try and reinvigorate your desire. It's just the locals that have been PL fans because supporting a shitty local team was beneath them that I wouldn't like to see genuine fans lose out to. Someone will pull Sylus' thread about not giving a fuck though and it is going to make him look like a right hypocrite so he'll get some deserving stick for that, although I doubt anyone would begrudge him a ticket in reality.

I wouldn't begrudge people tickets, but people throw out big statements like the one last week and then do a complete 180.

If people don't care and want to mock other fans for caring they probably shouldn't moan if it gets pointed out.

As for ex pats who are also making the trip then fair play to them!

albatross

Tried for years to engage my son with CCFC , season tickets trips to stoke, port vale and Milton Keynes but mainly turgid crap. Would love to give him and others a great day out so that CCFC can mean something to him. Used to ruin my weekend when they lost.

I think as many supporters as possible should be encouraged to attend, show case the real and only asset of the club, a big (if somewhat disillusioned) support base.

pastythegreat

There really is no_loyalty is there.....

To be fair I'll be coming with 3 mates, two are Spurs fans, one supports United but they've been to Cov with me more than half the folks in Cov have, we've already been to 5 games this season together (from Norfolk) and they want to come along as much as everyone else.

I don't see it being as big an issue as some people are making out, there will be plenty of tickets. If we sell our allocation they'll give us some more, and some more until everybody who wants to go goes.
I doubt they'll just keep throwing tickets at us! We'll get 40k MAXIMUM!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

sylus

It's what happens when people make big statements - Wycombe

Last week he didn't care and wanted to tell everybody he didn't care and tell everybody it was a 2nd rate mickey mouse trophy. Last week it was "you" not "we" or "us" but things suddenly reverse.

Aren't you abroad?

Nick.. no big statements from me,i just stated that i couldn't be arsed going,and i didn't, just like all the league games at home this season. and my view of the checkatrade trophy remains the same,however that doesn't mean i don't want to attend Wembley or do i need your permission for that first.We are all in this together,but some more than others

pastythegreat

Can someone tell me the connection between Glory supporters and Coventry City football club i'm struggling to make the connection... I think anyone who has watched Coventry for any period of time in the last 30 years deserves the chance to watch them at Wembley. Who cares if you go every week now or you just go up for the bigger games, I went every week for years but now times and personal circumstances have changed which means i don't go regular but it doesn't give me less right to go and see them at Wembley, get over yourselves guys..the reality is there's gonna be plenty of tickets to go round. PUSB
Plenty of tickets to go around, better hope so or plenty of glory hunters will be very disappointed!

Nick

Administrator
Nick.. no big statements from me,i just stated that i couldn't be arsed going,and i didn't, just like all the league games at home this season. and my view of the checkatrade trophy remains the same,however that doesn't mean i don't want to attend Wembley or do i need your permission for that first.We are all in this together,but some more than others

Strange, it was "you" last week and not "we".

It was a statement, you created a thread especially about not caring.

Didn't look like a we last week when you were mocking people who cared because you thought we would lose.

Last edited:

pastythegreat

Fans coming out of the woodwork to get tickets for a Wembley final are not unusual by any standards. It's the whole point isn't it to have a little unexpected success and in return the club has tempted the 'lost' fans back? How else would you suggest the club did that?
The same scenario would happen if we were on a run at the top of the table. That's precisely what it is all about to be a football fan.
People are put off by constant failure and only signs of success will bring back the missing.

So I don't blame those fans one bit for coming out the woodwork. Hopefully it helps initiate a few more fans attending a league game again and the response from the team has to be the good this final has brought to their confidence, and post a few wins. If they don't they lose them again.
It's not the extra fans 'coming out of the woodwork' most have a problem with tbf! As long as proper fans that actually support city through thick and thin get tickets first.

Here's the scenario!

Steve (Let's just say steve) has been to 16 games this season (including West Ham U23s and Northampton in the early stages), but when tickets go on general sale he is working away with work/in a really important meeting etc. When he finally gets chance to get round to booking his ticket, they're all sold out because Peter (who 'supports' Chelsea but lives in Coventry and went to the crewe game) got to the ticket office before him.
Have a great day out Peter, just make sure you spare a thought for Steve while your there pal eh!?

sylus

If this was the FA Cup Final we were talking about,and not the Checkatrade trophy Final everybody who wanted a ticket would get one,one way or another. if you want to be their,you will

Hi Oxford here ..... Can't believe how excited you lot are to be in the final of the biggest tinpot trophy ever to grace the hallowed turf of our national stadium,we were there last year against Barnsley when it was a little less tinpot (but still tinpot) i only attended the swindon match and the final last year but this year i havent attended ANY as i really thought admitting Premiershite youth sides and even having different rules for them took the piss and devalued an already tinpot trophy....i am even debating wether to attend the final (if we manage to get there of course) last year we lost to Barnsley but i really didnt care as i thought that winning the JPT was fairly embarrassing.....this season i really wont be bothered if we lost the semi final..( i will watch it on tele) if we did happen to get to the final of course i want the team to win but i couldnt face the stick if we had a opentop bus parade round Oxford.....oh dear the SHAAAAME ....
Last year we took 33000 and Barnsley 26000 .... i would be very surprised if we took 25000 this time......i may be wrong of course as Wembley does attract the daytrippers and 2 team wankers ;) If you took more than 40000 i would be absolutely stunned.......

all this is ifs and buts and please delete if we lose to Loooootun....just thought i'd stick my nose in ........... see ya there ....MAYBE ;)

NortonSkyBlue

S

I will get to work on drawing up the questionnaire then and seek volunteers for the panel.

Users who are viewing this thread