Checkatrade Final Rant (1 Viewer)

albatross

If the questionnaire asked would you choose between Wembley or league one survival this season how would you vote?

Well we already have Wembley so I presume you mean a Wembley win. I think a stirring occasion with 40,000 city fans at Wembley will live longer in the memory , stir old and new supporters with memories of how good it can feel to be a city fan. Possibly the platform for better things .

Where as kicking round the arse end of division three where the only realistic hope is to scrape Enough points in order to kick around the arse end of division three next season does not do an awful lot for me or many out there. Certainly would not encourage many back. The club needs a real memory that brings people together, a shared memory.

I can hear people saying Do you rember Wembley 17 in the pub for some time, but not do you remember scraping enough point to survive in 17 oh and followed by another season of in the court action

Otis

Hi Oxford here ..... Can't believe how excited you lot are to be in the final of the biggest tinpot trophy ever to grace the hallowed turf of our national stadium,we were there last year against Barnsley when it was a little less tinpot (but still tinpot) i only attended the swindon match and the final last year but this year i havent attended ANY as i really thought admitting Premiershite youth sides and even having different rules for them took the piss and devalued an already tinpot trophy....i am even debating wether to attend the final (if we manage to get there of course) last year we lost to Barnsley but i really didnt care as i thought that winning the JPT was fairly embarrassing.....this season i really wont be bothered if we lost the semi final..( i will watch it on tele) if we did happen to get to the final of course i want the team to win but i couldnt face the stick if we had a opentop bus parade round Oxford.....oh dear the SHAAAAME ....
Last year we took 33000 and Barnsley 26000 .... i would be very surprised if we took 25000 this time......i may be wrong of course as Wembley does attract the daytrippers and 2 team wankers ;) If you took more than 40000 i would be absolutely stunned.......

all this is ifs and buts and please delete if we lose to Loooootun....just thought i'd stick my nose in ........... see ya there ....MAYBE ;)
Hopefully you all feel the same. More tickets for us.

Would be great to have 87,500 there. 87,000 of us and 500 of you. :)

Astute

How do people think about a mate of mine who wants to go?

He was a Wimbledon supporter. But his team died when they were taken to Milton Keynes. He joins his son to watch Palace and me to watch City. But he isn't a City supporter. But he doesn't have a football club anymore.

I suppose I can go with him in the other end. But am taking my little boy.

Decisions decisions :rolleyes:

pastythegreat

Hi Oxford here ..... Can't believe how excited you lot are to be in the final of the biggest tinpot trophy ever to grace the hallowed turf of our national stadium,we were there last year against Barnsley when it was a little less tinpot (but still tinpot) i only attended the swindon match and the final last year but this year i havent attended ANY as i really thought admitting Premiershite youth sides and even having different rules for them took the piss and devalued an already tinpot trophy....i am even debating wether to attend the final (if we manage to get there of course) last year we lost to Barnsley but i really didnt care as i thought that winning the JPT was fairly embarrassing.....this season i really wont be bothered if we lost the semi final..( i will watch it on tele) if we did happen to get to the final of course i want the team to win but i couldnt face the stick if we had a opentop bus parade round Oxford.....oh dear the SHAAAAME ....
Last year we took 33000 and Barnsley 26000 .... i would be very surprised if we took 25000 this time......i may be wrong of course as Wembley does attract the daytrippers and 2 team wankers ;) If you took more than 40000 i would be absolutely stunned.......

all this is ifs and buts and please delete if we lose to Loooootun....just thought i'd stick my nose in ........... see ya there ....MAYBE ;)
Get from up your own arse pal eh.........
Tin pot trophy for tin pot league 1 and 2 teams! This means you too (oxford)!
Pretty sure you won't be missed if you don't go! Sylus can have your ticket!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Rodders1

I have lots of mates who support other clubs, take the mickey a bit - but in a light hearted way. However I know they have a soft spot for Cov. A couple of them have brought their kids to the game and actually don't mind / want them to become Cov fans.

Think when you're young you pick a team, and as you get older you realise that actually football support is about your local club. You have empathy with it - not a club 200 miles away!

Astute

I have lots of mates who support other clubs, take the mickey a bit - but in a light hearted way. However I know they have a soft spot for Cov. A couple of them have brought their kids to the game and actually don't mind / want them to become Cov fans.

Think when you're young you pick a team, and as you get older you realise that actually football support is about your local club. You have empathy with it - not a club 200 miles away!
My club is over 200 miles away ;)

shmmeee

im joking at another poster. i agree that some kids find it boring. ny nephews love football but find cov games boring. they love wasp games though :(

but thats less about the sport and more about the activities.

She went to the only Wasps game I've ever been to. Got a free flag and that was enough for her to love it. Not taking her again and risking her getting into egg chasing.

covcity4life

She went to the only Wasps game I've ever been to. Got a free flag and that was enough for her to love it. Not taking her again and risking her getting into egg chasing.

Bouncy castles. Indoor pitch. Tackle challenge. Drop kcik challenge when i took um to my only gsme cos free tickets from their school.

I said be amazing if ccfc owned ricoh and could do similar and was told ccfc jsb is amazing as it is and i am a wasps lover...

pastythegreat

Why add 'the ONLY w***s ge I've been to'? As if that makes it ok?!
"I've been to a w***s game, oh but it was only the once so it's OK, I'm still a cov fan!"

albatross

Why add 'the ONLY w***s ge I've been to'? As if that makes it ok?!
"I've been to a w***s game, oh but it was only the once so it's OK, I'm still a cov fan!"

Are you now creating the criteria and necessary forms to be a true CCFC fan?

Captain Dart

Hi Oxford here ..... Last year we took 33000 and Barnsley 26000 .... i would be very surprised if we took 25000 this time......i may be wrong of course as Wembley does attract the daytrippers and 2 team wankers ;) If you took more than 40000 i would be absolutely stunned.......

I wouldn't there is huge potential in CCFC the only issue to that figure is how many tickets the EFL will let the club have.
I would hate to see people who want to go denied because corprate seats have been reserved and are empty on the day.

Great_Expectations

Tried for years to engage my son with CCFC , season tickets trips to stoke, port vale and Milton Keynes but mainly turgid crap. Would love to give him and others a great day out so that CCFC can mean something to him. Used to ruin my weekend when they lost.

I think as many supporters as possible should be encouraged to attend, show case the real and only asset of the club, a big (if somewhat disillusioned) support base.

I don't think anyone is necessary disagreeing with your final sentiment i.e. maximum number of supporters possible, but the key word is supporters.

The amount of idiots I know who have ridiculed me for still going, stil having a season ticket, still doing various things linked to the club, who have subsequently asked me for the details re ticket sales or whether I can get them one is ridiculous.

They aren't supporters, they want a day out and a chance to "pretend" it's a great day supporting "their" team because it looks good on social media. They are the ones I don't want to get tickets at the expense of others.

Essexrobbie

I need to get this off my chest, I am sincerely pissed off with the amount of non City fans who have already booked their train tickets for Wembley, one in particular is a Spurs fan who quite often takes the piss out of me about City, when I questioned the twat earlier today he said "I was born in Coventry so I have the right to go and support my local team"

Rant over!!!!
I have mixed feelings about spurs fans. My best mate is a fan and got me a ticket for the final in 87. Walking back on my own to my car after the match I purchased a sky blue teddy bear for my one year old son. .... who is now 31 and has seen the city win f***k all... a guy in a car full of spurs fans called through the window..." are you gay?" I said "no, just very happy.... how do you feel!"

pastythegreat

Are you now creating the criteria and necessary forms to be a true CCFC fan?
That a very good idea!
New criteria on tickets.
If you've EVER been to a wasps game since they've been at the Ricoh, you're not allowed a ticket for Wembley!

Nick

Administrator
That a very good idea!
New criteria on tickets.
If you've EVER been to a wasps game since they've been at the Ricoh, you're not allowed a ticket for Wembley!

That will be us well 20,000 down then, all about the bandwagon.

Gint11

How many more threads about being pissed off by closet fans. Who the fuck cares. If someone supports spurs and is from cov let them do what they want ffs. It's called freedom of choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

In case you havent noticed there have been some Premiershite u23 teams involved this season,a direct threat to the lower leagues...if this tinpot trophy hadnt been boycotted by the majority of fans then you wouldve seen the lower leagues infiltrated by premiershite reserve teams....it was the thin end of the wedge....i havent seen ONE post about the boycot on here,you all seem excited about a trip to Wembley for a shit trophy jeeeeeeeez you MUST be desperate for ANY silverware.....it's a joke competition ....you can have all the tickets for all i care but i think you will be given the usual 40000.....not that you will sell them ;)
It's that shitty of a tin pot trophy you registered an account on another teams fans forum to comment on a thread about us getting excited about it.
Do yourself a favour pal and fuck off yeah!

Astute

suck my cock pasty wanker......bring as many as you like ya plastic brummie we'll still fuck you up... open top bus and the keys to the shitty city............W-A-N-K-E-R
OK little boy. It is past your bedtime.

no_loyalty

ooops got a bit forward there....... IF we get there of course ;) hope we dont to be truthful

Hope you do, my boss is an Oxford fan born and bred in Bicester, unfortunately he moved to Nuneaton in the 90's and has had a Villa season ticket ever since

Captain Dart

Trolling is only good when the person doing it is any good at it.

Surprised that we make more posts on this site in 20 minutes than your lot in a month?

The server must be seriously overloaded with all the Wemberleee topics.. certainly x3 normal posts ATM. Illustrates what potential the club has..

hutch1972

Are you being serious ?
The mighty Oxford United find the FL trophy embarrassing. You really haven't got a history to call it tin pot.
If you were a club that was rich in silverware or honours I would agree, but your not !
Personally I'm not embarrassed about this final , only about the state in which my club finds itself.
I can only think you have an over inflated ego about your own place in the league ladder.
Regarding the comments about parades , if you were regular on here you would know that some threads are started tongue in cheek , so don't be taking that serious.
I had a look through your clubs forum for last year's final and found the conversations no different to this today , so why your sudden change of thought ?
Maybe you think your league one big boys now !!
The u23 teams idea was shit , I agree , but no team was dropped because of it and I would bet heavily that it won't happen again.
See you at Wembley.

fernandopartridge

Well we already have Wembley so I presume you mean a Wembley win. I think a stirring occasion with 40,000 city fans at Wembley will live longer in the memory , stir old and new supporters with memories of how good it can feel to be a city fan. Possibly the platform for better things .

Where as kicking round the arse end of division three where the only realistic hope is to scrape Enough points in order to kick around the arse end of division three next season does not do an awful lot for me or many out there. Certainly would not encourage many back. The club needs a real memory that brings people together, a shared memory.

I can hear people saying Do you rember Wembley 17 in the pub for some time, but not do you remember scraping enough point to survive in 17 oh and followed by another season of in the court action

Agree completely

shmmeee

You can't really understand if you haven't been a City fan for the last nine years. It's been shit upon shit with any potential light at the end of the tunnel repeatedly turning out to be an oncoming train.

The idea that we may never see this level again is real. The idea the club may not exist in our lifetime is real. This isn't about the cup, it's about giving City fans a day out with other City fans, taking kids along for a taste of something their Dads remember but they've never glimpsed at. One tiny chink of light in a sewer of shit.

That said the idea of an open top bus is beyond parody. Despite all evidence to the contrary we do have *some* pride left ;)

shmmeee

How do people think about a mate of mine who wants to go?

He was a Wimbledon supporter. But his team died when they were taken to Milton Keynes. He joins his son to watch Palace and me to watch City. But he isn't a City supporter. But he doesn't have a football club anymore.

I suppose I can go with him in the other end. But am taking my little boy.

Decisions decisions :rolleyes:

Why doesn't he support AFC?

Ashdown

People can demean this final all they like but when it comes down to it, it will be a 2 horse race between 2 clubs who will want to win it desperately and showcased in front of 85,000 fans at Wembley and many more watching on TV. It can only be good for an otherwise demoralised CCFC and particularly it's younger supporter base, who have only known a heap of misery. It's the talk of the town already !
Bring it on and Play Up Sky Blues !!

Nick

Administrator
People can demean this final all they like but when it comes down to it, it will be a 2 horse race between 2 clubs who will want to win it desperately and showcased in front of 85,000 fans at Wembley and many more watching on TV. It can only be good for an otherwise demoralised CCFC and particularly it's younger supporter base, who have only known a heap of misery. It's the talk of the town already !
Bring it on and Play Up Sky Blues !!

Given up on the NOPM then?

giphy.gif

Ashdown

I've never been NOPM or directed by any protest group or another ! I've had 20 + season tickets over the years and took 3 kids and did 30 games a season since around 1984 home and away. This year for my sanity and savings I backed off it, having felt the way it was all going. I've hardly been wrong have I ?
I wouldn't take a ticket at Wembley ahead of those who have suffered most of this dreadful season, they deserve this bit of light, they really do !

Users who are viewing this thread