Ched Evans (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

End of the day, he's an innocent man proven by a court of law .
Isn't that the argument people used about him being guilty ??
Time to move on , horrible ordeal for all involved

CCFC88

Looking at the evidence that was permitted, it isn't clear that she wasn't a victim. Might be promiscuous in nature but nowhere is there any evidence that she consented to sex with Evans. She's received plenty of grief over it herself by the sounds of it, his life is hardly ruined.

His life has been ruined, he's spent years in prison, as a footballer he's probably lost close to 1/4 of his potential lifetime earnings, he will always be connected with this trial in his future whenever he applies for jobs etc, all because a 19 year old went out, drank far too much to remember what she did regretted it in the morning and falsely accused him of raping her, as agreed by a jury.

Astute

A witness on his behalf was an ex of hers. In the second trial he said about her liking it rough. He never mentioned it previously. But this went with what Evans said previously. The witness was asked if he changed it because there has been an offer of 50k to anyone who helps Evans get the not guilty verdict.

And I still await him to explain why he left by the fire escape after whatever happened occurred.

Nick

Administrator
A witness on his behalf was an ex of hers. In the second trial he said about her liking it rough. He never mentioned it previously. But this went with what Evans said previously. The witness was asked if he changed it because there has been an offer of 50k to anyone who helps Evans get the not guilty verdict.

And I still await him to explain why he left by the fire escape after whatever happened occurred.

I wonder if they will keep checks on him getting 50k.

Astute

His life has been ruined, he's spent years in prison, as a footballer he's probably lost close to 1/4 of his potential lifetime earnings, he will always be connected with this trial in his future whenever he applies for jobs etc, all because a 19 year old went out, drank far too much to remember what she did regretted it in the morning and falsely accused him of raping her, as agreed by a jury.
She didn't accuse him. She said she couldn't remember anything. It was the police that brought the prosecution.

CCFC88

Because he's a famous footballer cheating on his wife/girlfriend I expect.

Otis

End of the day, he's an innocent man proven by a court of law .
Isn't that the argument people used about him being guilty ??
Time to move on , horrible ordeal for all involved
Well said. Bloke's innocent, but not a nice person and I think the whole sorry saga has been concluded.

Astute

Because he's a famous footballer cheating on his wife/girlfriend I expect.
But he walked in through the door after being told that there was a bird in the bed......

robbiekeane

At the end of the day he's still a scumbag. He cheated on his other half, at best he had consensual sex with someone who may not have made that decision if she was sober while he himself was sober so he still took advantage of her and did that while sober himself so he cant even hide behind the excuse that he was drunk himself and behaved in a way he wouldn't have normally and it was a drunken mistake. At worst he's going to be convicted again. There is no scenario here where by the standards I live by myself he doesn't come out of this any other way than a scumbag. At best he won't be as big a scumbag as the scumbag I thought he was previously. Not exactly a glowing reference. I still wouldn't want him here.
A scumbag maybe, at least at that point in time. A rapist though?? It's a completely different level and people like you condemning him the way you did should be ashamed of yourself.

Hadn't he been drinking himself?

Astute

A scumbag maybe, at least at that point in time. A rapist though?? It's a completely different level and people like you condemning him the way you did should be ashamed of yourself.

Hadn't he been drinking himself?
If I am capable of chatting to someone via text and then get a taxi to somewhere I know what I am doing.

Reactions: vow

robbiekeane

I studied this case a lot at university intensively, and it didn't feel right from day one at all.

He's a bad role model no doubt, and his actions were a bit idiotic, but nothing worse than what goes on during uni and Saturday nights across the world.

In fact, it's shit like this that decreases real rape convictions. The 'victim' is less believed and generally the evidence needs to be without proven beyond doubt, (the latter never was for me here) as a result of false claims and the like.

Look at Sweden, highest reported rape in Europe, but also the lowest conviction rapes in Europe. Real victims get hung out to dry thanks to so many false accusations or cowboy cases like this one.
Exactly. I'm not saying he's a nice bloke, far from it, but 100% agree that this takes away from real rape claims and convictions. The fact that she woke up in the morning without bloody remembering a thing and he still got convicted is absolutely laughable.

A joke of a conviction in the first place and a pretty embarrassing moment for our judicial system

robbiekeane

If I am capable of chatting to someone via text and then get a taxi to somewhere I know what I am doing.
Thats the most ridiculous argument i've ever heard.

Firstly, I've sent plenty of texts before that I don't remember sending when drunk. Secondly, can the same not be said of her? How do you know what happened in the hotel room? If she was begging him for it and went down on him then jumped on top of him and rode him low a cow girl....doesn't that mean she knows what she's doing? Or would she have to send a text and get in a taxi to prove it....

stupot07

1) because he was found innocent doesn't mean he didn't do it, it just means he can't be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.
a) he didn't rape her
b) she falsely accused him
c) she wasnt and still isn't a victim in all of this.

2) Yes his life as been ruined, but so has hers - she's had to go through all this ordeal too, she's been abused, harrased, etc

3) it sits really uncomfortable for me that someone's previous sex life has been allowed in this case. Its now going to be used as a test case as a defense against every rape victim. Just because someone does something with one partner doesn't mean she is therefore always game and can't be raped

4) I'm extremely uncomfortable with the fact Evans is paying witnesses.

5) I'm fucking disgusted with one or two on here already vilifying the girl. The police and CPS have made the decision that they believed and had evidence to suggest she was raped. It doesn't mean she is a lier and doesn't deserved to be called so.

I'll leave it as that.

Even with this verdict I wouldn't want the twat near our club.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Astute

Exactly. I'm not saying he's a nice bloke, far from it, but 100% agree that this takes away from real rape claims and convictions. The fact that she woke up in the morning without bloody remembering a thing and he still got convicted is absolutely laughable.

A joke of a conviction in the first place and a pretty embarrassing moment for our judicial system
These days a woman must say yes. This includes for famous people.

Astute

Thats the most ridiculous argument i've ever heard.

Firstly, I've sent plenty of texts before that I don't remember sending when drunk. Secondly, can the same not be said of her? How do you know what happened in the hotel room? If she was begging him for it and went down on him then jumped on top of him and rode him low a cow girl....doesn't that mean she knows what she's doing? Or would she have to send a text and get in a taxi to prove it....
Ridiculous is you saying that you know what happened.

robbiekeane

Ridiculous is you saying that you know what happened.
Where did i say that? Please point that out to me and don't swerve the question.

I love that you said this....because what's more ridiculous is sending someone to jail for 2 and a half years without any clue at all what happened.

CCFC88

But he walked in through the door after being told that there was a bird in the bed......

The question was asked why he left via a fire exit?

I offered the reasoning that he was cheating on his partner. Do you think men who are knowingly cheating on their partners go around with their heads held high and bragging about it?

He's a famous face, possibly one of the most famous to come out of Rhyl and at the time after having relations with someone other than his wife probably didn't want to parade out through reception at 5am.

Astute

If she was begging him for it and went down on him then jumped on top of him and rode him low a cow girl....doesn't that mean she knows what she's doing?

So do you know this or are you making it up?

Astute

The question was asked why he left via a fire exit?

I offered the reasoning that he was cheating on his partner. Do you think men who are knowingly cheating on their partners go around with their heads held high and bragging about it?

He's a famous face, possibly one of the most famous to come out of Rhyl and at the time after having relations with someone other than his wife probably didn't want to parade out through reception at 5am.
He knew that she was pissed and in the room before getting the taxi. So why did he go there?

He didn't hide his face on the way in. But he left via the fire escape. Why is that?

Grendel

Grendel in windmilling in shocker

British justice sinks into the gutter shocker

The reality is that the admission of new witnesses to describe sexual history of a victim makes a mockery of the system completely.

The almost blatent suggestion that these witnesses were also paid to give their evidence makes it beyond any credibility.

The original trial was done with a jury given the evidence as was permitted and making that judgement.

Since then we have had an appeal through in record time, a hugely biased website and blatent intimidation tactics of people who stood in this individuals way.

The ultimate test I guess for what people would really think is if your daughter bought her new boyfriend and proudly introduced Ched Evans

Some on her may find that fine and dandy. Others I suspect may have their reservations.

Not a great day for British justice

hill83

British justice sinks into the gutter shocker

The reality is that the admission of new witnesses to describe sexual history of a victim makes a mockery of the system completely.

The almost blatent suggestion that these witnesses were also paid to give their evidence makes it beyond any credibility.

The original trial was done with a jury given the evidence as was permitted and making that judgement.

Since then we have had an appeal through in record time, a hugely biased website and blatent intimidation tactics of people who stood in this individuals way.

The ultimate test I guess for what people would really think is if your daughter bought her new boyfriend and proudly introduced Ched Evans

Some on her may find that fine and dandy. Others I suspect may have their reservations.

Not a great day for British justice

I was talking more about the 'he will never play football again' statement. Not doing very well with your football player career predictions are you.

Grendel

I was talking more about the 'he will never play football again' statement. Not doing very well with your football player career predictions are you.

Excellent - let's have a laugh and jolly japes around Ched Evans. The fact he is playing says something about the tawdry nature of football then any predictions.

Users who are viewing this thread