Ched Evans (1 Viewer)

Hankey111

there's a lot of talk amongst blades fans i work with that Ched Evans could be on his way to us, possibly nonsense but i reckon he'd be a decent and much needed addition to the strike force.

ccfc2011

he could be a good signing for us

dojer

Ched Evans seems to be one of those players who are good but only when they fancy it, as long as the fee isn't high he could be worth it

brinner

we need a goalscorer, we have enough 1 goal every 4 games kind of strikers (or 1 in every 10 in platts case!).

Chipfat

The only link to him to us is because he has just been questioned for a sex attack and someone remarked about Cov sign players with a history of being on sex offender list. Also he is on a big wage that we would not be able to match and he would never take the amount of wage cut we could afford..

Lastly AT stated today about Jeffers and Wilson should be pushing for 1st team places and will get the chance this season, as we will need to use the whole squad... Sound like no transfers to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

ICHAN

Hope is a great thing.
Let's be honest everyone we can say he has only scored X amont of goals in X amount of games etc etc, we want someone who can do this that and the other but let's be honest here, we will be lucky to have him or anyone wanting to play for us.
I realise that I will be called grumpy or whatever.
I have been reading on here for a while and not really posted anything, but everyone is saying this player or that player is no good, too old etc etc, unfortunatly we are no longer a prem team but a middle to bottom championship team and beggers can not be choosers and to be quite honest at this moment in time we will be lucky if anyone wants to sign for us.

Sorry to sound like a miserable grumpy downer but just being a realist.

brinner

23 in 95 games in the championship, 1 in every 4.

and freddy eastwoods got more goals at senior level in less games for wales!

skybluetom

He cost United about three million quid if memory serves me right, shrewd move whoever agreed to that! He's bang average and we couldn't afford him anyway.

Marty

He cost United about three million quid if memory serves me right, shrewd move whoever agreed to that! He's bang average and we couldn't afford him anyway.

It was just after they got that compensation from West Ham so they had money to burn.

Nonleagueherewecome

His worse period strike-rate wise was in the Man City first team. Hughes prefered him to Sturridge. He played really well for a youngster and didn't look out of place, laying on several assists.

He was fantastic at Norwich, I'm sure he ripped us to bits, but hasn't really scaled those heights since. I was amazed how poor he's looked at Sheff U, but then so has pretty much everyone else they signed that I rated. You can't underestimate the impact of being managed by Blackwell, Speed(not hoofball but clueless in general) and then Adams. The poor lad must have neck-ache.

Remember what Lukas said about just because he's tall, managers keep using him as a target for high balls-but his game is the ball into feet? Regis-Don Mackay-Sillett scenario?!? Evans is 6ft and from what I know about his strengths, he would undoubtedly flourish under a Thorn-type style, as has Lukas. We would be so darn lucky to get a player of his potential given our current situation. I'd wager his rep in the game is a fair bit higher than Lukas, too. I'll be doing somersaults if we get him!

Macca

I agree with an earlier poster. We are always presuming that these player are just dying to join us. Like the fat old slobby bloke eyeing birds... Do that, bang that, shes a dog

Users who are viewing this thread