Chesterfield Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Burge - 7 - Really good save from that free kick so deserves credit for that and extra ratings. Still shocking kicking though.

Grimmer - 5 - Not sure if he has been told not to attack, first couple of games he was bursting forward and whipping crosses in. Now he stops and checks.
Davies - 5 - Not really much to do other than pump it forward.
Willis - 4 - Lost every battle today against their striker, in the air or on the deck
Stokes - 4 - Not too sure what's wrong with him, got beaten to most things and no movement at all.

Jones - 5 - Bad touch, far too greedy and shocking free kicks.
Doyle - 6 - Every time we get it the ball goes to him, he is like a quarterback. When he does get it he has no options at all so has to go sideways.
Kelly - 5 - I don't see the point in him when Doyle is playing.
Vincenti - 5 - He really isn't a wide player. Plenty of silly fouls

McNulty - 5 - Really should have scored two, but was the only one making space and runs.
Beavon - 4 - Was he playing or watching Evatt head it clear every time?

Andreu - NA - Not enough chance to do much.
Duck - NA - Not enough of a chance.

fernandopartridge

McNulty is our best attacker. Good movement but struggling for confidence. Once he scores he'll be fine.
I don't see anything in Grimmer. Thought he was supposed to be an attacking full back. He went backwards nearly every time he got the ball.

Ratings
Burge 7 two good saves
Grimmer 5
Willis 7 very assured against a decent player in O'Grady
Davies 5 ball watching in the first half when they went clean through, distribution suspect
Stokes 5 what's happened to him?
Doyle 6 better second half but predictable
Kelly 6 needs to drive forward more
Jones 6 makes things happen but decision making poor at times
Vincenti 5 looks unfit
Beavon 5 doesn't work with McNulty
McNulty 6 good movement and effort, hope one of his chances goes in soon

Subs
Andreu 6 good movement as well but seems a little rusty
Nazon 4 completely ineffective

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Burge - 7: Made one outstanding save in the first half. Distribution was a tad poor at times.

Grimmer - 6: Not a bad game, but it is frustrating to see his lack of confidence going forward.

Davies - 5: Can see why Portsmouth fans laughed when we signed him, doesn't have a clue on the ball.

Willis - 5: Distribution is woeful.

Stokes - 5: Another very disappointing Stokes performance, we need Haynes back.

Doyle - 5: Does his job, but has no one to give the ball to. Alongside Kelly is beginning to show its faults.

Kelly - 4: Offers a lot less than Doyle. Poor on the ball and lacks movement. Almost feel sorry for the defence when Kelly doesn't show for them. Stevenson to take his place next week.

Vincenti - 2: Most pointless player on the pitch. Offers absolutely nothing. Needed a replacement in the transfer market, but we didn't get one. Foul after foul, mistake after mistake. A truly terrible performance.

Jones - 6: Only player to drive at the defence. We need someone on the other side to take the pressure off him. Clear dive for the sending off.

Beavon - 4: Shouldn't be starting. Another player who is evidently not working in this set up.
McNulty - 3: Worked hard, but failed to do his job at putting the ball in the net from simple chances. I can't think of a miss worse than his header from a city player.

Subs:

Andreu - 5: A great ball for the first McNulty chance, but gave the ball away a few times.
Duck - 4: Bit of a donkey, but would still rather see him ahead of Beavon.

speedie87

Burge 7 great save from the free kick. One dodgy really dodgy kick to which he put his hand up to fans behind up to apologise and still got dogs abuse.
Grimmer 6 no end product
Willis 7 solid enough
Davies 6 couple of dodgy passes early on, looks dead slow but didn't have much to do
Stokes 6 usual performance
Doyle 6
Kelly 6
Jones 7 almost had a goal and assist
Vince. 5 takes far to long in possession not mobile enough
Beavon 5 one of those forwards who never looks like scoring/ not big enough to be target man/ no pace to run in behind
McNulty don't know whether to give him 8 as he was the only player who looked like scoring and worked his ass off or 3 because he didn't score and I don't know how he missed that header. Reminded me of that Moldovan header!

Last edited:

singers_pore

Burge - 8 - One worldie and some other decent saves as well. Deserves to stay in the team, for now at least.

Grimmer - 6 - Marginal improvement compared to his performances against Newport and Yeovil. Needs to get forward more and improve his crossing.
Davies - 6 - Did ok. Not as good as Rod though.
Willis - 5.5 - Has gone from firing exocet missiles over the heads of our forwards to firing up and unders that make no forward progress. Did ok otherwise.
Stokes - 5 - I am convinced he is carrying some kind of knock. Needs resting if we can find someone else to fill in at LB. Currently he looks vulnerable defensively and doesn't offer us anything going forward.

Jones - 7 - Our only forward player who looks genuinely threatening when he runs with the ball. Needs to improve his free kicks.
Doyle - 6 - Another match where he didn't seem to get a grip on the opposition's midfield. Not too bad.
Kelly - 5 - Seems to get worse in every successive match.
Vincenti - 4 - A clown on stilts.

McNulty - 5 - Ran around a lot but totally ineffective. Missed two fairly easy chances. If he's the answer then I have forgotten the question.
Beavon - 3 - Hard to remember him doing anything. Reminds me of one of Ken Dodd's Diddy men.

Andreu - NA - Should have been on from the start. Good cross for McNulty which he of course missed.
Duck - NA - It looks like he can head the ball. So why not play him in the middle as a foil for McNulty. Has to be better than Beavon surely?

Littlewood CCFC

Again fans slating Vincenti... i can half understand as hes playing on the wing and ud expect a winger to have a bit about him however hes immense in the air and put in some really good tackles at times i thought. His goal was offside but he should of scored in the first half from Jones cross. Amazing how just 3 games ago we were gonna walk the league, now when you look on here and social media everyones slating the team - guess thats footy fans in general though

JWC

Not sure what people saw in Willis yesterday, their no. 10 beat him to the ball every single time. And Vincenti had 2 good opportunities to score with his head before the disallowed goal. He might be tall but doesn't seem to be able to get off the ground.

Here's mine

Burge - 6. I reckon he'll keep his place for the next game. Pretty solid, his distribution could have been better though

Grimmer - 6. Could have got forward more. Looks like we'll be needing more supply to the strikers and he'll need to step up

Davies - 6. Fairly solid. Was pleased he showed for the ball a lot, could have used it better though

Willis - 4. Their number 10 had the beating of him all game

Stokes - 4. Slow and off the pace.

Vincenti - 3. He's obviously in the team to provide a different outlet but he's not providing it. Gives the ball away too easily too.

Doyle - 5. Broke up play well but distribution was terrible

Kelly - 5. Broke up play well. Not much else

Jones - 7. Was our main threat. Pleased to see him get stuck in as well as run at players. Looked like a dive for the sending off though.

Beavon - 4. Barely noticed him

McNulty - 5. 2 bad misses. Forced a great save from their keeper . At least he's getting into scoring positions, even with terrible service.

The Duck - play him as a striker FFS

Andreu - some nice touches. Not much time for anything else

I think Robins needs to drop the 2 defensive midfielders formation, it isn't working. He had a perfect opportunity to do so against 10 men but he stuck with it for some reason. We also need some creativity other than Jones. Andreu might be that man playing behind the strikers. The Duck looks like he'll at least be a nuisance so play him alongside another striker, preferably McNulty. That's what I'd like to see anyway.

steve82

Burge 7.5 gained us a point and clean sheet with 2 crucial saves,distribution is still woeful. Could of got a chair out the second half.

Grimmer 5 ok nothing more nothing less

Willis 4 lost out all afternoon to O'Grady who used his body/experience well.

Davis 6 solid in the air, looked ok after early poor passing

Stokes 4 beaten often and poor final balls and decision making in key areas.

JJ 6 would of been a 7 bit for the sheer greediness of him at the end. What was he thinking, has teams on the ropes at times. Needs to run at sides more often.

Doyle 6 did ok, dies the dirty stuff well, frustrates me how everything has to go from him.

Kelly 5 did ok, nothing spectacular.

Vincenti 5 won a few tackles but needs to convert his ariel chances. A better first touch would be nice too

Beavon 4 works tries but the manager and 9 outfield players around him ain't playing to his strengths. Isolated figure. Lumping it to him with Evatt marking him is only gonna be one outcome.

McNulty 5 more so for his work rate and movement. Cannot have a day like that again surely.

Andreu 6 made things happen, looks too intelligent for those around him.

Nazon 4 offered nothing, ran inside when grimmer played it him down the line.

Biamou 5 purely for the amount of minutes he stood patiently waiting to be put on. What was Robins thinking bringing him on in the 92nd minute.

Robins 4 he's missing his mate Steve Taylor, since his absence his in game tactics have been questionable to say the least. Looks like this partnership is like Clough and Taylor. MR needs him to bounce off.

fernandopartridge

Chesterfield didn't make a clear cut chance yet Willis gets a 4. O Grady won a few balls in the air but mostly in areas where there was no threat. Willis was solid.

steve82

Chesterfield didn't make a clear cut chance yet Willis gets a 4. O Grady won a few balls in the air but mostly in areas where there was no threat. Willis was solid.

You mean Mr Kipling! Sliced most of his clearances under pressure and rarely his punts forward a sky blue shirt found use of. Distribution was poor

Grendel

I don't get why the defenders are getting they much stick. We've conceded three times in 450 minutes - two poor goalkeeping errors and one dodgy handball.

fernandopartridge

McNulty is our best attacker. Good movement but struggling for confidence. Once he scores he'll be fine.
I don't see anything in Grimmer. Thought he was supposed to be an attacking full back. He went backwards nearly every time he got the ball.

Ratings
Burge 7 two good saves
Grimmer 5
Willis 7 very assured against a decent player in O'Grady
Davies 5 ball watching in the first half when they went clean through, distribution suspect
Stokes 5 what's happened to him?
Doyle 6 better second half but predictable
Kelly 6 needs to drive forward more
Jones 6 makes things happen but decision making poor at times
Vincenti 5 looks unfit
Beavon 5 doesn't work with McNulty
McNulty 6 good movement and effort, hope one of his chances goes in soon

Subs
Andreu 6 good movement as well but seems a little rusty
Nazon 4 completely ineffective

Some interesting views on this thread. Ironically from the game at Chesterfield