Match Thread Chesterfld v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 14th Jan (1 Viewer)

stupot07

I suspect Sisu may view going down as the best option. Can get rid of the academy, move to a smaller ground as the Ricoh deal ends, easier to run us on a shoestring.
How does that work? Which smaller ground will they move to? Butts isn't FL compliant and if the other thread is true there is no room at the inn anyway. They don't need relegation as an excuse to downgrade the academy - CSF and Wasps have already provided them one.

Not having a go at you, just seen this argument (and even extended into wanting us to drop out of the FL so we can play at the butts) but to me it just doesn't stack up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shmmeee

How does that work? Which smaller ground will they move to? Butts isn't FL compliant and if the other thread is true there is no room at the inn anyway. They don't need relegation as an excuse to downgrade the academy - CSF and Wasps have already provided them one.

Not having a go at you, just seen this argument (and even extended into wanting us to drop out of the FL so we can play at the butts) but to me it just doesn't stack up.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I dunno to be honest. It's just we are blatantly too small for the Ricoh. Cov Rugby don't want a 20k stadium, but maybe joint investment to bring BPA to league standard would be more acceptable?

I also wouldn't be surprised to see the FL cut us some slack while we improve it.

Users who are viewing this thread