Chilcott inquiry report published (1 Viewer)

Otis

Blair clearly culpable.

He's going to have to stand down as PM now isn't he?

Captain Dart

Saw C4 documentary "Blair Rich Project" Monday, Blair’s property portfolio is worth estimated worth £25M, later they show a clip of Blair claiming to an audience he isn't worth even £10M.

eastwoodsdustman

Saw C4 documentary "Blair Rich Project" Monday, Blair’s property portfolio is worth estimated worth £25M, later they show a clip of Blair claiming to an audience he isn't worth even £10M.

He and the lovely Cherie (they come as a pair) were in office for two reasons. Money and his ego.
I couldn't watch that programme the other night as it'd just wind me up more as I hate them both with a passion.
People were celebrating when Margaret Thatcher died. Well, I can promise you that I'll be taking a week off when these leaches die and I will party like never before.

Otis

He and the lovely Cherie (they come as a pair) were in office for two reasons. Money and his ego.
I couldn't watch that programme the other night as it'd just wind me up more as I hate them both with a passion.
People were celebrating when Margaret Thatcher died. Well, I can promise you that I'll be taking a week off when these leaches die and I will party like never before.
Like it's 1999?

armybike

Memo from Blair to Bush -
CmraUALXEAARSg8.jpg

eastwoodsdustman

In a paragraph entitled The Evidence, Blair writes: "Again, I have been told the US thinks this unnecessary. But we still need to make the case. If we recapitulate all the WMD evidence, add his attempts to secure nuclear capability, and as seems possible, add on Al Qaida link, it will be hugely persuasive over here

If thats not dressing it up then what is it?

clint van damme

what sort of sociopath do you have to be to be able to live with yourself with so much blood on your hands?

eastwoodsdustman

So was the upshot that TB is to blame for all of this???

Pretty much so. The report appears to say that he 'pushed' for war and forced the cabinet into the decision and it looks like he dressed up evidence to suit his agenda of becoming worlds number 1 good guy. How wrong he was.

Covstu

Pretty much so. The report appears to say that he 'pushed' for war and forced the cabinet into the decision and it looks like he dressed up evidence to suit his agenda of becoming worlds number 1 good guy. How wrong he was.
when plans go wrong eh??

armybike

Corbyn is currently tearing Blair a new arsehole in PMQT!

Some think he's delayed resigning until after having chance to denounce Blair in parliament.

clint van damme

Corbyn is currently tearing Blair a new arsehole in PMQT!

Some think he's delayed resigning until after having chance to denounce Blair in parliament.
maybe he has no intention of resigning as he was elected by a massive majority of the party membership. Maybe he couldn't give a fuck what the PLP think!

Liquid Gold

If the rebels want to form a new party they should stand in a by-election against proper Labour MPs. Then they would be generally out of parliament and out of the party, perfect.

Philosorapter

If anyone has a few hours I would recommend 'The Power of Nightmares'. It explains a lot of what was going on.

There's three parts. This is the first part.

clint van damme

If anyone has a few hours I would recommend 'The Power of Nightmares'. It explains a lot of what was going on.

There's three parts. This is the first part.

Thanks for the link. Watched parts 1 & 2 so far, interesting stuff. (couldn't find part 3 on youtube).

Have you seen Bitter Lake also by Adam Curtis? The two films seem to contradict each other slightly, Bitter Lake suggests that America agreeing to give the Saudis free reign to spread Wahhibism in exchange for them keeping to oil flowing into the USA is what's lead us to where we are now whereas Power of nightmares seems to suggest it's a clash of two philosophies, the Islamists and the Neo cons. Perhaps a bit of both.

Philosorapter

I've still have to watch Bitter Lake but part 3 is interesting and been waiting for Chilcot to see how much is accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread