Chris Birchall (1 Viewer)

valefan23

Owate singers

I was just wondering why Birchall isn't getting a look in at the Ricoh?

Not that he was Beckham like down Vale but he's a fine player, An I'm confused as to why he is stuck in your reserve side

What are fans general view on him an will he be leaving at the end of the season?

Thanks!

Valefan23

covlad

hes shit, thats the bottom line. There are better players at the club than him. He dont take his chance when it comes and clearly hes overweight. If i was in charge you could have him back on a free.

valefan23

To be fair, I don't think he's even being given a decent chance.

Looking at your squad, I'm finding hard to see who'd keep him out the side, Really, I know he's being injured alot since moving to the Ricoh and only played 15 or so games, But from my reports he's doing excellent in the reserve team.

As for shit, I think you cov fans don't know the meaning of the word, Try watching Craig Rocastle and Paul Edwards every week ;)

Nick

Administrator
At the minute he is playing Mifsud in place of Birchall, he isn't playing well at all to be honest but at least he has pace.

Although Birchall has been doing a job in the reserves :)

Peter Griffin

valefan23 said:
To be fair, I don't think he's even being given a decent chance.quote]

I don't think has either. He had a good World Cup IMO but hasn't continued that form at City, whether you blame Adams, Dowie (who AFAIC totally ignored Birchall) or Coleman I don't know. I do feel for the lad because he obviously joined City hoping take his football to the next level but has ended up stagnating, for his own sake I think he needs a move.

Nick

Administrator
Agree with you there. I think even a loan to a lower division club (maybe back to Vale?) would be good for him to get 90 mins week in week out!

valefan23

Nick said:
Peter Griffin said:
valefan23 said:
To be fair, I don't think he's even being given a decent chance.

I don't think has either. He had a good World Cup IMO but hasn't continued that form at City, whether you blame Adams, Dowie (who AFAIC totally ignored Birchall) or Coleman I don't know. I do feel for the lad because he obviously joined City hoping take his football to the next level but has ended up stagnating, for his own sake I think he needs a move.

Agree with you there. I think even a loan to a lower division club (maybe back to Vale?) would be good for him to get 90 mins week in week out!

Ian Dowie, From my knowledge did ignore him and sent him to Scotland i believe.

I think Coleman needed a team full of energy for the remaining games of the season. Seeing as you were facing a relegation threat and Coleman had to rely on players who were not out of touch, over-weight. It would be nice to see him come back here on loan but i very much doubt it, As we couldn't afford his wages, Nevermind a fee if that was necessary.

Hopefully he'll have a good pre-season and get back to his best and push the Sky Blues up the table!!

That is if he doesn't get released, But i doubt it, Coleman likes a good tidy midfield player, Still pretty young too!

Users who are viewing this thread