Chris Hughton sacked by Newcastle (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

chris-hughton.jpg

Newcastle United have parted company with manager Chris Hughton. The announcement comes a day after United were beaten 3-1 at West Brom, a result which leaves them 11th in the Premier League table.
Hughton guided Newcastle back into the top flight in May after their relegation in the 2009-10 campaign.
However, the club have said on their official website they are seeking an individual with more managerial experience to take them forward.
The statement added: "The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League club.
"Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009. The club wishes him well in the future.
"The task of appointing a new manager now begins. An announcement will be made shortly regarding transitional arrangements pending the appointment of a successor."

Nick

Administrator
Bit harsh sacking him but I think I could have got them promoted last season but it is not as if they are fighting relegation just yet!

I wonder who they will get in to replace him? Keegan? Shearer?

covladzak

Fook me the Geordies are a deluded bunch...11th in the 1st season back and its not good enough...Kinda like Leicester, and if you read the drival they print...They get eleventy billion following home and away...:rolleyes::rolleyes::laugh::laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread