Chris Hussey - LM Sensation? (1 Viewer)

RichieGunns

He seemed to do very well tonight from what i heard.

Think Robins will put him in there more often?

RichieGunns

Ahead of John fleck ...doubtful..but he did well

True!

I'm starting to think Hussey's major problem under Thorn may have been the fact that he was technically playing out of position.

It's taken Robin's to see that maybe Hussey is better in a more advanced Midfield attacking position.

He does have the speed does he not?

lordsummerisle

True!

I'm starting to think Hussey's major problem under Thorn may have been the fact that he was technically playing out of position.

It's taken Robin's to see that maybe Hussey is better in a more advanced Midfield attacking position.

Always been okay going forward, just never been very good at defending.

Houdi

True!

Plus he is one player who is prepared to take players on,and actually beat them.Could be the next Gareth Bale.;):)

RichieGunns

I wouldnt get ahead of ourselves using the term "sensation".

Hes played there once.......V York City

But he was up for it and enjoyed it!

I can't remember him enjoying himself in LB!

As Lordsummerisle said, he's always been good going forward but not good at defending!

Give the lad a chance i say!

kg82

The other thing is, even if he wasn't technically great at defending he will get back and help out his lb. May be worth a try but like sw88 says, let's not get ahead of ourself! I'd also like to see fleck being given a more central role anyway?!

Nathccfc

I said he would be more suited to a LM role, and a few others seem to have thought that as well. Reckord LB then? How has he done there?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Reckord looked very reluctant to get forward tonight. He was more comfortable defensively than Hussey.

Tbf, this is what we've been crying out for. A LB who can defend and a left sided player who can get forward. Might be worth a shot as Fleck is never a LM imo abd Sheff cant cutbit anymore.

I maintain we shouldnt get over excited but the options are there

Sky Blue Sheepy

I said he would be more suited to a LM role, and a few others seem to have thought that as well. Reckord LB then? How has he done there?
Yup, have always said he could use the treatment Bale had; he likes to run forward but can be defensively suspect at times = perfect for left mid!

Nonleagueherewecome

I had this crazy dream just now that Hussey had been told by Robins in his second day in the job that he wasn't needed! Then people were saying he was a bad influence in the dressing room, and then that he'd be the next player listed after Malaga. Thank God I woke up when I did, here in SBT Reality, where everyone judges players on their performances, not on rumours, hearsay and their own preconceived dislike of a player.

covcity4life

im a "pro-hussey" guy and have always wodnered how he would do LM or LW, perhaps now we will find out? last chance saloon possibly.

nicksig

To be fair he played well in that position last night - if only for a short time - but got immediately involved and took his goal well. I think he's got talent and we should try to get the best out of him - I'd definitely give him another go in LM

ajsccfc

I think we'd need to see more than a cameo against a defeated team to have a better idea of how good he could be more advanced. He does seem to like a bit of a trick when he's out wide, so he might do alright there. Nice to see him come on after we had been told he was apparently being told to go to his room and not play with the other boys as soon as Robins pitched up.

ampthill_sba

Under Thorn there were barely any options for LB so he couldn't experiment with Hussey at LM.

I don't think Thorn would have tried it either...but he didn't have the cover to even entertain the idea PLUS last season if Hussey played in place of McSheffrey there'd have been an outcry from everyone.

Last edited:

covcity4life

Under Thorn there were barely any options for LB so he couldn't experiment with Hussey at LM.

I don't think Thorn would have tried it either...but he didn't have the cover to even entertain the idea PLUS last season if Hussey played in place of McSheffrey there'd have been an outcry from everyone.

robins took a day or two to bring in a LB, thorn never acted fast,or did sisu not back thorn this summer either?

Macca

I think we should definitely big him up as the next sensation. That would definitely be the most rational thing to do.

stupot07

I remember AB bringing Clarke on for a cameo at right midfield at home vs barsley and he scored a great goal....,.

That's all it was, a cameo when the game was already won.

stupot07

Hussey was a left back at Wimbledon, he was signed under Coleman who played him left back, AB played him left back, Dario Gradi played him left back in his very short loan spell there. thorn played him left back, Shaw played him left back.

One 17 minute cameo that's all it was....this is almost turning into "sheffs a striker" thread

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
good to see Hussey getting some positive reactions for a change ..... will do his confidence a lot of good ........ but lets not go overboard ......... it was a brief appearance, with the game won against a tired 2nd division team......... he has to put in decent performances consistently over a number of games, hold down a place in the team before he can even have dreams of stardom

Would guess the MR regime at CCFC has focussed a lot of players minds as to what is required ....... fair play to Hussey for reacting positively to it

Maaaaaardy

Ahead of Fleck? Playing Fleck on a wing is such a waste of his talent IMO. Especially when we could play Hussey or Sheffers on the left and Fleck in the middle.

Anyone know where Bell has disappeared to as well? I don't even know if he's still with us, I can't remember him being released!

Users who are viewing this thread