Chris Stokes signs 2 year deal! (1 Viewer)

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
We looked so much more solid when he played at the end of last year, he reads the game so much better than any other player we had last year.

PR stunt - great shout, because we only want to sign or re-sign quality players for good PR. Did this one signing on this date really get people out of their chairs to renew, it's not like when we signed Keane etc
Robins is trying to assemble the squad now with those committed so he can have them all for a full pre-season, something this club has failed at for a decade, look at the promoted teams in these years and look at their squads pre season and the ones that had them promoted and that may lead you to a different rationale rather than a cheap meaningless comment.

Sadly, some of you have just gotten too embroiled on the politics of ownership etc rather than just enjoying the football (however good or bad it is) and the players we have signing. I have no beef with people wanting to boycott and not buy a season ticket but Stokes is a great signing, if fit for all of last year, we would have stayed up, he is that good a defender.
Either centre or left will be brilliant for us this year if he stays fit.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I know, wasn't really that, it's just all the other nonsense around doing all away games etc, criticism of players, I think some fans want to see the club fail so they can say I told you so which I don't get.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong by being a season ticket holder other than tormenting myself on Saturdays.

bawtryneal

MY OPINION.

Ha, I was taking the piss out of the thread Wince started the other day. Settle down.

I`ve settled now thanks. Bad start to the day when the missus put sugar in my tea by mistake and the day went pear shaped for about an hour

hill83

I`ve settled now thanks. Bad start to the day when the missus put sugar in my tea by mistake and the day went pear shaped for about an hour

Tea is a horrifying start to the day. Get a coffee in you.

ashbyjan

As I know little about those signed to date, won't pretend otherwise but will judge when see them. Therefore this is a significant and very welcome signing as he has been class when played at centre back. Still not fully convinced he has pace for left back but might not be such a problem in 4th Division. He is the sort of battler we need to compete at this level - lets get Bigi and Thomas signed as well

shmmeee

I think we'll sign Haynes or another quicker, more attacking fullback. Same as with Willis, it's all about options and having a flexible squad. If we're up against some teams we might want almost 4 CBs along the back and others we might want to have almost wingbacks to push them back. Having DKE, Willis, Haynes, Stokes plus a decent complement of CBs gives us plenty of options.

I'd still like to see a big ugly experienced CB and then replace any who end up leaving like Harries, Willis or Turnbull. But otherwise I think that's some real strength and variety in the back line.

Get Bigi in for DM cover, Thomas for RM, then a couple of AMs and a ST (plus replace anyone we sell) and I'll be happy.

covcity4life

agree with that smeeee, although bigi would be a definite starter for me unless these new lads are magnificent.

got a feeling the orient player will perhaps be in a more advanced role. who knows though

Rich

Thomas, Haynes, Beavon and Bigi to sign would be great (in roughly that order of priority for me)
Stokes - great news and adds further steel on the pitch. Bit of a hard case forward and we will have a right bunch of scrappers for a change (just hope they can play a bit as well!)
Beavon is still under contract.

SkyBlueCRJ

Whilst it is a huge plus that Stokes has signed, his fitness seems to be questionable. So I would feel a lot safer if Haynes signed along with him. Always been a fan of Haynes. Think he could do a solid job in League Two, which is only proven by the fact that Cambridge fans were fond of him last season when he went out on loan there.

Users who are viewing this thread