ChromeCast with google TV (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Anyone got one of these?

Looking to side load iFollow on mine so o don’t need another device to watch games on TV. I have the apk in my google drive but can’t find an app to move it to my ChromeCast memory.

shmmeee

Finally got it installed, can’t log in :/

Just in case anyone else tries. Cast from my laptop it is then :(

tskezz

The issue is the apk is probably not designed to work with that device or os(or anything that's not an android phone/tablet) so while you may be able to install it there's a good chance it won't work properly.

I sideloaded the efl app a few seasons back (first season of follow I think) and I couldn't get it to work correctly. Might be different now but I doubt it.

If you rename the file on your PC to end .zip you will be open the files inside it and their may be a readme or something you could search around to see if there's any info on compatibility.

Tbh for the hassle though it's probably easier just casting from an android phone to your chrome cast.

shmmeee

That would require me to have an Android phone 😂 I ended up casting from my MacBook as AirPlay blacked out the screen. I did get the apk installed but like you say it didn’t let me click on the fields to enter my login, even with a mouse connected :/

tskezz

Yeah it is frustrating. My guess is until it's legal properly over here not much development will go into it making it supported on more devices. Most people are just happy they can watch there teams finally they'll use a phone or laptop.

tskezz

Another option (although you'll probably run into compatibility issues again) is casting from a browser. Chrome browsers on PC or phone etc I think will let you cast to another chromecast on the network. That way you'd log in play etc on your PC and cast the fullscreen video to your tv, I've not tried myself but it may work

shmmeee

Another option (although you'll probably run into compatibility issues again) is casting from a browser. Chrome browsers on PC or phone etc I think will let you cast to another chromecast on the network. That way you'd log in play etc on your PC and cast the fullscreen video to your tv, I've not tried myself but it may work

Yeah that’s what I do. In theory the app casts but when I try it it can never find my chromecast.

Kieranp96

Get a firestick, its the way to go. i use one here in central europe no issues, UI is decent and if you dont like it you can change it

fatso

I use a firestick 4kmax, it's worked really well, piss easy to jailbreak/sideload loads of videos on YouTube showing you how, look at "Docsquiffy's channel" for instructions.
Also, surfshark vpn works well, and no limit on the amount of screens in use, so the whole family can use it.

Users who are viewing this thread