City fan in need (1 Viewer)

Sky

Hi all,

i'm currently collecting responses to questionnaires as part of my dissertation at Loughborough University- as you can imagine, living in Leicestershire for the last 2 years as a Cov fan hasn't exactly been fun.

The topic is based around the "Studentification" of Coventry and the recent rise of purpose built student accommodation blocks in town.

The questionnaire only takes a couple of minutes and would go a long way in helping me to conduct my research so i would appreciate anybody who could spare some time and fill one in.

Heres the link - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...3CusPv-4AptKkj1uxHPJRPznuxIfmehQ/formResponse

Thanks in advance

ConnorDevine

Lived in Leicestershire up until a couple of years ago, moving to Cov for Uni, I feel for you, I'm so glad I wasnt at home for the leicester league win

Also filled in your survey, best of luck

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Hi all,

i'm currently collecting responses to questionnaires as part of my dissertation at Loughborough University- as you can imagine, living in Leicestershire for the last 2 years as a Cov fan hasn't exactly been fun.

The topic is based around the "Studentification" of Coventry and the recent rise of purpose built student accommodation blocks in town.

The questionnaire only takes a couple of minutes and would go a long way in helping me to conduct my research so i would appreciate anybody who could spare some time and fill one in.

Heres the link - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...3CusPv-4AptKkj1uxHPJRPznuxIfmehQ/formResponse

Thanks in advance
Done.

Marty

Done. Why when you ask for gender does it give the option for other? You're either female or male?

Marty

Apparently you ethically have to put it in these days incase people identify as neither..

Had a look at what this actually means and found a great video taking the piss.

R

RB1992

Being a University student for a couple of years has made me hate them all with a passion.

On the "negative effects" question, although it says tick all that apply, I am unable to do that. So I just filled in other with "they're all wasters". Hope that helps

shmmeee

Done. I think it's a great idea, a vibrant student community can make a city centre and ours is dead as a door nail. Also as someone with students on his street (thanks GMK Nev), I'd rather they weren't housed in residential areas.

Gazolba

Hi all,

<snip>
One of your questions that says 'tick all that apply', only allows one choice. I noted that in 'Other', so you failed to get an accurate answer from me for that question.

Last edited:

Gazolba

Apparently you ethically have to put it in these days incase people identify as neither..
No, it's for people who think the question is irrelevant. Why does it make any difference what the sex of the responder is? Is it any more relevant than if the responder is tall or short, fat or thin, or any other number of demographic differences?

Sky

No, it's for people who think the question is irrelevant. Why does it make any difference what the sex of the responder is? Is it any more relevant than if the responder is tall or short, fat or thin, or any other number of demographic differences?

I disagree. Gender differences in responses to questions often exist. If you can find a significant result between how men and woman respond to a topic then it may open up opportunities for further research questions. Also its there as a reference to how balanced the survey is, the same as the age question e.g. if the entire sample was 18-25 year old men then it could hardly be considered representative

Sky

Thanks to everyone who has filled one out, need around 10 more responses to meet my target if theres anyone left who can help me over the line!

Gazolba

I disagree. Gender differences in responses to questions often exist. <snip>

But why is gender difference in reponses any more significant than other types of differences? It's a very sexist question that assumes that men and women must think differently.

Otis

Hi all,

Thanks in advance
Done!

The Reverend Skyblue

Done. When putting in your opinion under the other tab you couldn't read what you had put bar the first few words,bit annoying when you tried to edit it.
Good luck with your dissertation

Longford

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Done,

Sky

But why is gender difference in reponses any more significant than other types of differences? It's a very sexist question that assumes that men and women must think differently.

Jeez...political correctness brigade in the house.

How is it sexist? It doesn't assume anything. For the majority, if not all of the questions, the gender will have no bearing but the question is there as a precaution incase it does. What other types of differences are you talking about? height? weight? If you honestly believe that these factors are just as likely to have an impact on the response as gender would, then i can't help you, take it up with every leading academic in the social sciences who will ALWAYS ask for gender and age at the end of a questionnaire.

Users who are viewing this thread