City Look To Win Back Fans (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

070188_41b2afe6.jpg
Club bring in agency
Coventry City have brought in an American Sports Agency to try and help them win back supporters who are staying away from the Ricoh Arena.

The attendance of 12,292 for the Doncaster Rovers game was the lowest ever for a league game since the club moved to the Ricoh Arena in 2005 and now the club have decided to bring in The Aspire Group to operate a "fan management centre" at the Ricoh Arena.

Speaking to the club website, the Ticket Office head honcho Stephen Ebanks said: "We are keen to attract as big crowds as possible to the Ricoh on a match day but we are aware that attendances are down, and that we have lost some regular supporters.

"Firstly it is important that we fully understand why that has happened and secondly that we try to do something to arrest that.

"We have worked with Aspire to come up with a range of offers and incentive directly tailored to attract supporters back. They vary from ticket packages to deals with merchandise. In short we want them back at the Ricoh and I am sure everyone would appreciate that we are trying to do something positive to make that happen.

"Our partnership with The Aspire Group provides the club with the opportunity to boost our ticket sales and talk with fans on an individual basis. Its reputation and proven success in ticket sales and service management will be of great value as we look to grow our attendance and fan base."

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
Great, but if people don't want to be there, ticket packages won't help. It seems like we're just pouring money down the drain with teaming up with Aspire...maybe that's just me

sotv1987

Lets hope they think about the loyal season ticket holders that never seem to get a lot once they have handed over their hard earned cash.:mad:

cheesehog

So Aspire are going to reduce ticket prices and make the team play better? If not... a total waste of money on corporate bulls*it:mad:

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Its simple really to be honest you get results on the pitch and the crowd will come back not wasting money to a company who making package deals to get supporters back, im sure those people woud rather pay the normal price and see us win plus in the top 6 before this stuff there trying to do.

Coventry La La La

I have a season ticket but if they are going to offer people cheaper tickets/offers to get the ricoh more full/better atmosphere then im going to enjoy going to the matches more they give very good deals on season tickets so you save alot in the first place especially if you get them early.

ccfc luke

I dont see why we have such bad attendances anyway, we've been playing bad football ever since we went down. Not like were getting worse!

Pigeon

It seems like a big waste of time and money. To pay some one to tell you that the quality of footie has to improve, prices are too high, loyal s.ticket holders aren't given any incentive to hand over hard earned cash e.g free shirt or scarf, got nothing this year and a train track that would help ship in more home or away fans! Think the Ricoh owe me a bit of cash for that revelation! :mad:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Well all I've read about since the whole attendance debate started after the Doncaster game is people moaning about ticket prices and no incentives to go to the Ricoh so if this company can help devise fresh ideas and ticket packages to make it more affordable to familes and the like then I'm all for it.

I for one hope for our fans sake we never make it to the Premier League because how will they afford it then when the ticket prices go up? Or will everyone suddenly find the time and money then and parking and using public transport suddenly isn't so bad?

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

ccfc luke

What do you guys think to a one off game where it was:

Adults for £15
Kids for £1

How many extra fans do you think that would attract and if it is worth it?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
What do you guys think to a one off game where it was:

Adults for £15
Kids for £1

How many extra fans do you think that would attract and if it is worth it?

The attendance might be up but the club would lose a lot of money, if you got in say 25,000 at that price I think that would be a big financial loss still compared to the 14-15k we normally get paying normal prices. Don't quote me on that though I haven't done the maths :p

hamil99

Facebook User
lets see what they do before critising them, they might give us the behind the scenes push that we need. if you look at attendances for most sports in america they are through the roof, max cap every week, even college football (american football) gets better crowds than we do lol!! all im saying is lets give them a chance ey?!

Coventry La La La

Here is a Link to the companys web page

Home Page http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/

List of Clients: http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/clients.html (Coventry Badge 4th on the 2nd row)

Overview http://www.theaspiregroupinc.com/what-we-do.html (Their appears to be an image of a shit team at the top of this page :laugh: )

Michael Meitín

Manager - Fan Relationship Management Center, Coventry, England

Mike Meitin is the Manager of Aspires Fan Relationship Management Center in Coventry, England servicing the Football League Championship Club Coventry City and the Ricoh Arena. Mike’s responsibilities include overseeing all third-party ticket sales and service initiatives for CCFC. The primary focus relies on generating ticket sales revenue and growth across all sectors, including premium seating and hospitality, season and group tickets, customer retention and ensuring excellent customer service. Prior to joining The Aspire Group, Mike was the Manager, Inside Ticket Sales for the Kroenke Sports Enterprises that operates the Denver Nuggets (NBA) and Colorado Avalanche (NHL) and the Pepsi Center. As Inside Sales Manager , Mike recruited, trained and developed the entry-level ticket sales personnel for the clubs, and enabled the flow of qualified talent into advanced positions in sales and service. His staff sold and serviced a full-line of full, partial and mini ticket plans and group tickets and hospitality. A graduate of Florida State University, Mike began his career in the sports business as an Inside Sales Representative for the Indiana Pacers (NBA) and Indiana Fever (WNBA) After one season he was promoted to full-time Sales Consultant and then in January of 2006 he returned to his home state of Colorado as a Nuggets and Avalanche Group Sales Representative. As testimony of his outstanding aptitude for sales management, he was promoted the following April, to Inside Sales Manager where has experienced great success over the past 4 seasons delivering over $1 million dollars in new ticket revenue business each year.

Last edited:

TheSnoz

Agree with a lot that's been said, though my reading of it is that they are going to operate a new ticket system. More fan friendly.
Have I got that wrong?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I think it's a good scheme if it helps attract new fans as well as bring back a few old ones might be staying away at the moment. I'm not sure why people are moaning about this, everyone is normally moaning that Ranson isn't doing enough to get more fans into the Ricoh. People mention making the ticket prices at say £10? Wake up we will never get anywhere in this division with ticket prices on that scale, unless you want us to pay out league 2 wages to players or go into administration? Obviously I'd love it if it was just a tenner to get in every week but why do people keep going on about it because in today's football climate it just isn't going to happen, do you see any other championship club selling tickets that cheap? No. Even Morecambe were charging around £15 for adults!!

It might cost us a bit to get Aspire in now but if they can get fans back then it's a good investment in the long term for this club, and since Ranson has joined he has always done everything for the long-term, no quick fixes.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
The thing is, there's so many negative city fans out there. I'm sure someone else has said this but even if we bought Messi there would still be someone complaining!!!

Users who are viewing this thread