City of Culture Bid (1 Viewer)

martcov

CCFC are either a part of the culture or they're not. It shouldn't be dependent on money, or bad news, or court cases or anything of the sort. The fact that fans think that is the case and it's acceptable is appalling IMO.

You are appalled that we think that that bad relationships may have an influence on decisions or that money may also have played a role in decision making?

Nick

Administrator
You are appalled that we think that that bad relationships may have an influence on decisions or that money may also have played a role in decision making?

Again, this isn't the council running it. You are hinting at the council getting other independent charities to do things based on their bad relationships.

Liquid Gold

I don't believe that the council ARE anti CCFC at all. I think they are just anti the current owners of CCFC.
The council are more against the current owners not the club but I don't think they've ever taken a pro CCFC stance. Lets not forget that one of the reasons we were in such a poor financial situation allowing sisu to take control was because of the restrictive rent arrangements enforced on the club by the council.

Otis

The council are more against the current owners not the club but I don't think they've ever taken a pro CCFC stance. Lets not forget that one of the reasons we were in such a poor financial situation allowing sisu to take control was because of the restrictive rent arrangements enforced on the club by the council.
True, but I don't believe they are anti Coventry City. You have to remember that many councillors are indeed City supporters.

Liquid Gold

True, but I don't believe they are anti Coventry City. You have to remember that many councillors are indeed City supporters.
I agree with you but if you compare our council with those of Doncaster and Swansea for example and what they've done for their respective clubs then it doesn't make them look the friendliest. A premiership football team is worth millions to the local economy every year and, in my opinion, our council has seen the football club as a direct source of income rather than something that can generate wider revenues for the community.

SkyBlueZack

I give up. We're now on to the councillors are CCFC fans. The same councillors who voted to sell the stadium built for us to a London rugby team. They can do no wrong in some peoples eyes and are excused on everything they do. They don't like the club, have little affinity to it (just like big bad SISU), have only ever seen the club as what they can get out of it. There is examples given by liquid gold but they'll be downplayed by people as SISU caused it, CCFC are responsible for themselves etc. It's tiresome. SISU are shit football club owners without doubt. The council are shit at running a city, including the way they treat both the football club and rugby club. There is nothing good about either organisation. Some won't have it though, too busy on a moral crusade against a Cayman Island hedge fund whilst applauding a Maltese hedge fund for taking the opportunity created by the Cayman Island hedge fund. It's farcical.

martcov

Really? So you don't agree with Stupot's post? Which I believe sums it up very well. CCFC fit into the cities culture via FA cup, Jimmy Hill and recently checkatrade. Not exclusive to just these. Now when doing the presentation, have they covered Wasps losing the league or Wasps winning? Would they include CCFC relegation or clips of the 87 victory parade?

It's a combination of anti CCFC feeling from the council and we're skint. Yet people seem to think the council are not out to marginalise us. Some may argue with fans and a council so anti CCFC, that we have owners we deserve.

The council say the relationship is broken. There is no trust between the parties. The parties being CCC and SISU. Nothing to do with them trying to marginalise CCFC. They are not talking to each other. Until this JR is dead and buried it will remain that way. After that is the time to start repairing things if that is even possible.

martcov

Appalled that people think because SISU and the council don't like each other, it's ok to erase CCFC from the cultural side of the City. Not sure what is hard to understand.

No one says it is ok. It is reality, but not Ok. The situation is not hard to understand.

SkyBlueZack

Fuck sake. The relationship between the council and the club should have no bearing on whether the club is part of the cities culture. You are saying it's ok for CCFC not to be part of the bid as the relationship is broken.

Nick

Administrator
The council say the relationship is broken. There is no trust between the parties. The parties being CCC and SISU. Nothing to do with them trying to marginalise CCFC. They are not talking to each other. Until this JR is dead and buried it will remain that way. After that is the time to start repairing things if that is even possible.

THE CITY OF CULTURE BID IS NOT BEING RUN BY THE COUNCIL, It's an independent charity.

You keep inferring the council are using their influence to go against CCFC with a third party.

martcov

I give up. We're now on to the councillors are CCFC fans. The same councillors who voted to sell the stadium built for us to a London rugby team. They can do no wrong in some peoples eyes and are excused on everything they do. They don't like the club, have little affinity to it (just like big bad SISU), have only ever seen the club as what they can get out of it. There is examples given by liquid gold but they'll be downplayed by people as SISU caused it, CCFC are responsible for themselves etc. It's tiresome. SISU are shit football club owners without doubt. The council are shit at running a city, including the way they treat both the football club and rugby club. There is nothing good about either organisation. Some won't have it though, too busy on a moral crusade against a Cayman Island hedge fund whilst applauding a Maltese hedge fund for taking the opportunity created by the Cayman Island hedge fund. It's farcical.

Facts are not always nice.
Again, this isn't the council running it. You are hinting at the council getting other independent charities to do things based on their bad relationships.

I am hinting that Wasps got in early, paid into the kitty and presented themselves in a good light. We didn't.

Nick

Administrator
So what's the relationship with the council got to do with anything? You keep throwing out so many different lines, which is why I said it seems like desperation.

Paying into the kitty doesn't decide who is and isn't part of the culture.

martcov

So what's the relationship with the council got to do with anything? You keep throwing out so many different lines, which is why I said it seems like desperation.

Paying into the kitty doesn't decide who is and isn't part of the culture.

Being a sponsor helps getting you into the picture, which is obviously why they paid good money to get in. The council are around somewhere in this bid. I doubt very much if they have no influence on how their city is represented.

Nick

Administrator
Being a sponsor helps getting you into the picture, which is obviously why they paid good money to get in. The council are around somewhere in this bid. I doubt very much if they have no influence on how their city is represented.

Yes, but if I sponsored the Mr Universe competition it doesn't suddenly make me massive does it?

Obviously they do have an influence, you have blamed the relationship with the council again.

torchomatic

I don't believe that the council ARE anti CCFC at all. I think they are just anti the current owners of CCFC.

Nah, don't agree with that. If so, they would have helped the club in some way, not shafted it just to spite the owners.

SkyBlueZack

Exactly. People are just saying how it is, not that they accept it or agree with it.

There excusing it. It's simple, do you think both CCFC and CRFC are part of the cities culture? If yes, all the other stuff is irrelevant to the topic, which is a culture bid.

Nick

Administrator
In fairness, I have seen Maton at a city game last season. He was just walking out on his own in amongst fans (rather than some grand display with a driver etc).

dongonzalos

For welcoming an out of town rugby club despite being up in arms about their football club? If there was an award for hypocrisy and double standards we'd win it at a canter.

350,000 people welcomed an out of town rugby club and so don’t deserve to have their city as the city of culture?

Nick

Administrator
Have CCFC and CRFC sponsored the bid it as well?
Or is it just Wasps and Ricoh?

giphy.gif

dongonzalos

Read the thread rather than again just proving you haven't got a clue.

Didn’t have time so asked a quick question.
Maybe someone less child like will answer when they have chance.
If it is just Wasps and Ricoh who have put money into it. They maybe why they got a mention. Once someone invests a bit of cash they will expect to be talked about at every opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread