City under transfer embargo (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Which apparently was the reason the Platt and King deals were pulled.

(again according to the Daily Mirror!... which in fairness has been on the money regarding us all season!)

Jimthor

Oh my god. Just when you're thinking the day can't get any worse. Shitting hell.

Nick

Administrator
I am not sure of the rules but isn't it related to admin / debts?

Why did we get one before?

derbyskyblue

Thought you could only have a transfer embargo if you've missed payments. I wonder if weve missed an instalment on platt:confused:

gouldberg

"But City scrapped the deals after being unable to draft in replacements after the Football League ruling."

That makes it look like it could be false to me. Regardless of if we got rid of King and Platt on loan we wouldn't bring in replacements. I'd be very intrigued as to why we would be under an embargo, we don't owe clubs money surely? Is it to do with Ranson's loan to Cardiff that means he has conflicting interests and cannot deal outside the club now? Maybe this is why he's resigning?

Probably putting 2 and 2 together and getting 47 but still, interesting that someone would catch wind of something like this.

Link to the report by the way is here: Coventry hit by transfer embargo

The CableGuy

Nick

Administrator
To be fair, this time last night they posted about King to Cardiff which was sort of true!

cov_russell

Facebook User
Maybe it is time to seriously start worrying. Am I right in thinking when even when we supposedly were 30mins away from administration we were never put under a transfer embargo?

skybluetom

They also reported Di Mateo had applied for the job when nothing could be further from the truth it seems. I wouldn't read to much into it.

gouldberg

Who could we be paying for still?

Gunnarsson (maybe an international caps installment), Keogh, dare I say it but if we have NO money Clive Platt? :eek:

Might not be down to outstanding transfer fees though.

Cardiff were placed under a transfer embargo last July over unpaid tax bills. Chelsea were nearly placed under one for illegally tapping up Gael Kakuta and Histon today had an embargo lifted after a VAT dispute with HM Revenue & Customs. Really there could be a lot of reasons for us being in this position.

derbyskyblue

Is that right? if your in with a chance of takeover the league will slap a transfer embargo on you? I dont understand that one.

Monkeyface

I know it's only a game, but that's the way it is on FM. Sorry I know that's not a conclusive answer DSB, but I am sure it's correct.

bamalamafizzfazz

Is that right? if your in with a chance of takeover the league will slap a transfer embargo on you? I dont understand that one.

As far as im aware but this information only comes from experiencing it in Football Manager. :)

I think its to stop current owners selling all the players just before any deal goes through. I still think its a long shot but you can't definitely rule it out.

mattylad

the sisu coffers have ran out :-( we only just staved off admin in feb when the bills were picked up at the last minute but if it's as bad as feared we are definitely going down another division.

derbyskyblue

the sisu coffers have ran out :-( we only just staved off admin in feb when the bills were picked up at the last minute but if it's as bad as feared we are definitely going down another division.
Well its not going to be any better than feb is it, in fact its going to be worse. Bills are just racking up all the time. I just think were fooked.:(

Monkeyface

So what is the situation with Sisu? I'm sure I read that we can't go into admin whilst they still own us, due to them still being in buisness. And if they were to pull the plug it would be liquidation not admin.
Sorry but I really don't understand it all, and I'm not going to pretend to either.

cov_russell

Facebook User

SISU are a successful hedge fund so their coffers are defiantly not empty. The fact is that if we are not paying the bills it means they have just hung us out to dry.

mattylad

Well its not going to be any better than feb is it, in fact its going to be worse. Bills are just racking up all the time. I just think were fooked.:(

yes it certainly looks that way unless new owners can be found, it's not in sisu interest to put us in but then if no one gets paid it will be taken out of there hands!

Users who are viewing this thread