City v Rochdale player ratings (1 Viewer)

Otis

Burge 5 - Most shots straight at him. Wasn't bad, although some of his distribution truly was.

Sterry 6 - Error riddled at times, but some stout defending in there too.

Turnbull 5 - Bullied a lot by Andrew, their centre forward.

Willis 9 - Fantastic performance from the lad. Great spirit and determination and didn't dive in. Very assured performance and MOTM by a country mile.

Page 6 - Not a bad effort from him. In fact all the back four did their jobs for the most part, but some of the passing and distribution from the back was shocking.

Bigi 6 - Normal Bigi. Some great stuff and some suicidal passing.

McCann n/a - Off to early to warrant any score.

Stevenson 6 - Some little bits of lovely football, but was muscled out of it too often by a very physical Rochdale side.

Lameiras 5 - Again, bits and pieces. Some lovely footwork, but disappears too often and another often out muscled.

Sordell 6 - Not for his forwards work, but for his defence duties. At times he was playing as a full back, but he did defend very well.

Aygei 6 - Started quite brightly and got the goal and also should have had another one, but faded out of the game very quickly.

Reid 7 - Breath of fresh air when he came on and at first he was sensational, but once again he drifted out of the game due to our inability to retain possession.

Venus 4 - We started dreadfully, got the goal and things looked brighter, but that second half it was all Rochdale, we were completely on the back foot and glancing over constantly at the bench, Venus seemed most reluctant to change anything and didn't even have anyone warming up when quite clearly a change was needed and the obvious candidate was to bring Rose on, to try and help retain and win the ball in midfield.

Thought he was tactically inept today unfortunately. :(

olderskyblue

Thought they bossed it today for a big % of the match. Stevenson mark should be lower than bigi's, he was hardly in it.

Astute

They were the best playing side. But were reduced to long range and snap shots mainly. Would be happy with this most weeks.

eastwoodsdustman

Burge - 6
Page - 7
Sterry - 8
Willis - 8
Turnbull - 8
Lameires - 7
Bigi - 6
Stevenson - 6
Mccann - 5
Sordell - 7
Agyei - 7
Subs:
Reid - 7
Wright - 6

Venus - 7 Getting reid on when he could/should have used Rose put them on the back foot with Reids pace.

Astute

Burge - 6
Page - 7
Sterry - 8
Willis - 8
Turnbull - 8
Lameires - 7
Bigi - 6
Stevenson - 6
Mccann - 5
Sordell - 7
Agyei - 7
Subs:
Reid - 7
Wright - 6

Venus - 7 Getting reid on when he could/should have used Rose put them on the back foot with Reids pace.
Was there two Turnbulls on the pitch?

eastwoodsdustman

Was there two Turnbulls on the pitch?

I thought he had a decent game and showed a lot of character after he got his arse smacked by Mcguinnes last week. They tried a similar thing this week with a big man putting himself about a bit and he stood up to it.

Otis

I thought he had a decent game and showed a lot of character after he got his arse smacked by Mcguinnes last week. They tried a similar thing this week with a big man putting himself about a bit and he stood up to it.
I thought he was totally dominated.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Burge - 7
Page - 7
Sterry - 7
Willis - 8
Turnbull - 7
Lameires - 7
Bigi - 6
Stevenson - 6
Mccann - 5
Sordell - 6
Agyei - 7
Subs:
Reid - 6
Wright - 6

Nice to come away with a win when we were 2nd best for 70 minutes of the game.

We'll play a lot better than that this season and come away with nothing, maybe just maybe the tide is turning this season and we won't get relegated after all!!

Nick

Administrator
Burge - 5 - He wasn't tested, awful kicking, glued to his line, but it was a clean sheet so should keep his place.
Page - 7 - Good assist, quite solid
Sterry - 6 - Didnt do much wrong
Willis - 8 - Was solid today, stuck himself in front of everything and battled well.
Turnbull - 6 - Did he win a header all game? Not very good against big players at all I dont think.
Lameires - 6 - Some good bits, set up the goal by being unselfish
Bigi - 6 - Dont think he was very good at all today
Stevenson - 6 - Very quiet, but still managed to take the ball off their players a few times
Mccann - 10 - I liked the way he ran
Sordell - 7 - Won most headers and put a few good crosses in
Agyei - 6 - Dont know what is going on with him, some games he seems to look like Usain bolt and others he looks like he is running in treacle. Should have scored when he hit the post though! Good sliding finish.
Subs:
Reid - 7 - I dont know if he is very good or just jammy. Managed to do that great first touch over the players head and ran it out a few times to take the pressure off and somehow it stuck to his foot.
Wright - 6 - Didnt really have time to do much apart from scoring!

Otis

Burge - 7
Page - 7
Sterry - 7
Willis - 8
Turnbull - 7
Lameires - 7
Bigi - 6
Stevenson - 6
Mccann - 5
Sordell - 6
Agyei - 7
Subs:
Reid - 6
Wright - 6

Nice to come away with a win when we were 2nd best for 70 minutes of the game.

We'll play a lot better than that this season and come away with nothing, maybe just maybe the tide is turning this season and we won't get relegated after all!!
I am still concerned. We look lightweight and lack a physical presence on the pitch and with McCann holding his hamstring when he went off you have to feel he will be out for a couple of weeks or so.

The lack of physical strength is a massive worry and we can't go through the season keep being bullied by teams.

We need at least 3 more players and January is some way off yet.

ccfcno9

Burge 6 Caught and held everything he had to, His kicking of the ball dire

Sterry 6 Slow/poor start to his game today got better after 1st twenty minutes

Turnbull 6 Nothing great but nothing awful about his play

Page 6 Slow pushing ball forward good cross for 2nd goal

Willis 9 Easily MOTM .Probably our most consistent player this year IMO

Bigi 7 Great work rate today covered a lot of ground for others

Stevenson 6 A shadow of Tuesdays performance, glimpse's of how good he can become

Lameiras 6 Average performance all round

I've got to the point in these ratings that Willis apart all those that took part today are worthy of at least a 6 for the victory in a game that required grit and determination to succeed, In short no-one shirked their responsibilies and no one really stood out. Rochdale for their league position looked pretty average to me. 2 teams a "work in progress".

Ranjit Bhurpa

Thought we were outplayed for most of the match, they controlled the midfield but toothless up front.
Willis deserved MOM and thought Reid changed things for us when he came on, 100% effort.
No leader on the pitch though, maybe Rose should have replaced Lameiras on the hour mark when we were really under the cosh.
Lameiras awful game but we got away with it.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I am still concerned. We look lightweight and lack a physical presence on the pitch and with McCann holding his hamstring when he went off you have to feel he will be out for a couple of weeks or so.

The lack of physical strength is a massive worry and we can't go through the season keep being bullied by teams.

We need at least 3 more players and January is some way off yet.

We were bullied off the park, they were helped by a very weak ref once again.

What happened to Stevenson on halfway just before half time when Bigi kicked off with their guy, Stevenson struggled after that not sure if carrying a knock or what!?

Otis

Maybe. He was very quiet for the most part and easily crowded out.

Just how bad was that first 15 mins though? And that was pretty much from every player in Sky Blue. Absolutely abysmal.

eastwoodsdustman

We were bullied off the park, they were helped by a very weak ref once again.

What happened to Stevenson on halfway just before half time when Bigi kicked off with their guy, Stevenson struggled after that not sure if carrying a knock or what!?

They were at it all game. They were horrible. The challenge on Bigi when we scored was so late that I didn't see what happened.

stupot07

Burge 7
Page 6
Turnbull 5
Willis 8
Sterry 6
Bigi 6
Stevenson 5
McCan 4
Sordell 6
Agyei 6
Lamieres 7

Reid 6
Wright 6
Jones n/a

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Burge - 6 - you can't really give him less as he didn't really do anything wrong. He is a poor goalkeeper who palms shots away often across his goal and has a bizarre kicking style but hadji10 thinks he's the next Gordon Banks so there you go

Sterry - 5 he got caught a lot in possession and struggled. Sordell covered a lot for him.

Page - 7 never understand the negativity. He's clearly not a wing back but very competent as a left sided defender.

Turnball - 6 he did ok there wasn't that much threat down the middle

Willis - 7 - despite some very high ratings he wasn't great in the first 20 minutes - he was pulled all over the place. He had a strong second half but in the first got turned easily a couple of times

Sordell - 7 despite someone's claims this is his best position he was often playing right wing back. That said his application and defensive duties was second to none. He's good and he's very commited.

Stevenson - 6 - after the Lord majors show. One of mowbrays failings was his disregard to opponents tactics. They saw the room he was given and blocked him.

Bigi - 5 - got caught in possession a lot which again is opponents doing their homework. The other thing about him is he constantly yells for the ball when he's in no position to receive. Allowing him to take set pieces is laughable.

Lameries - 5 - despite the assist the guy is a passenger for 90% of the game and the play acting is embarrassing.

Agyei - 7 - looks very raw but he causes defences issues as Murphy did in a different way last year.

McCann - injured and given how the midfield played without him that's a worry

Reid - 6 - a player with zero football brain unfortunately.

Nick

Administrator
I forgot Bigi's free kick, I remember last season he argued for about 3 or 4 minutes that he wanted to take it and he blazed it over.

Don't see why Stephenson couldn't take one or somebody with a bit more flair.

Otis

Burge - 6 - you can't really give him less as he didn't really do anything wrong. He is a poor goalkeeper who palms shots away often across his goal and has a bizarre kicking style but hadji10 thinks he's the next Gordon Banks so there you go

Sterry - 5 he got caught a lot in possession and struggled. Sordell covered a lot for him.

Page - 7 never understand the negativity. He's clearly not a wing back but very competent as a left sided defender.

Willis - 7 - despite some very high ratings he wasn't great in the first 20 minutes - he was pulled all over the place. He had a strong second half but in the first got turned easily a couple of times

Sordell - 7 despite someone's claims this is his best position he was often playing right wing back. That said his application and defensive duties was second to none. He's good and he's very commited.

Stevenson - 6 - after the Lord majors show. One of mowbrays failings was his disregard to opponents tactics. They saw the room he was given and blocked him.

Bigi - 5 - got caught in possession a lot which again is opponents doing their homework. The other thing about him is he constantly yells for the ball when he's in no position to receive. Allowing him to take set pieces is laughable.

Lameries - 5 - despite the assist the guy is a passenger for 90% of the game and the play acting is embarrassing.

Agyei - 7 - looks very raw but he causes defences issues as Murphy did in a different way last year.

I can give Burge less.

I base my 0-10 as 5 being average. I know some put 5 for poor, but for me, in my eyes, 5 is average and Burge was average. Some not bad stuff, but also some awful distribution.

Gazolba

Burge - 5 - He wasn't tested, awful kicking, glued to his line, but it was a clean sheet so should keep his place.
<snip>
This is flawed logic. So you will drop him after he lets in a lot of goals and we lose?
The general consensus on here for months has been that RCC is superior. Admittedly, it's the best of a poor pair.

Nick

Administrator
This is flawed logic. So you will drop him after he lets in a lot of goals and we lose?
The general consensus on here for months has been that RCC is superior. Admittedly, its the best of a poor pair.

He didn't have any major howlers, just couldn't kick and was slow off his line.

With Burge in goal the players don't piss about giving him the ball, with RCC they fire it at him at waist height for a passback.

ccfcway

difficult to know, would you give page MOTM ?

Otis

Tbf you've given the manager a 4 for a 2-0 home win.
Because he got it wrong.

Pretty sure he didn't score the two goals to be honest.

No corners all game and hardly got out of our own half. Totally dominated and it was only Rochdale's poor finishing that won the game for us.

From about 5 minutes into the 2nd half it was clear a change needed to be made, but he failed to do it. The obvious choice you would have thought would have been Andy Rose to come in to shore up the middle of the park and give us a bit more energy and fight there.

I thought Venus was poor today. We were totally dominated and played very, very poorly and he failed to change it.

I don't think 4 is stupid at all.

covcity4life

Your having a laugh otis. A 4??? His 2 subs were pivotal to the win

Rochdale had better eof game but fuk me why acting like they are amazing and we are shit?

Otis

Rochdale had better eof game but fuk me why acting like they are amazing and we are shit?
They weren't amazing. They were woeful in front of goal and in some ways got what they deserved.

I have never said anywhere in here on SBT that they deserved the points or that we were indeed lucky.

Bottom line is though we were dreadful.

Astute

What was pivotal was they were crap up front, and on the rare times we went forward they were crap in defence.

Otis

What was pivotal was they were crap up front, and on the rare times we went forward they were crap in defence.
Exactly! Absolutely spot on.

We won in spite of Venus's inability to do the right thing and counter Rochdale's tactics.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was average from us today but I think you're going a bit over the top Otis. For all their domination Burge didn't have a meaningful save to make due to our strong defending, and then we picked them off smartly on the counter to grab our goals.

Admittedly not the way we want to play at home, if we were the away side it would have been the perfect away performance. On clear chances from both sides we probably deserved the win.

Astute

It was average from us today but I think you're going a bit over the top Otis. For all their domination Burge didn't have a meaningful save to make due to our strong defending, and then we picked them off smartly on the counter to grab our goals.

Admittedly not the way we want to play at home but on clear chances from both sides we probably deserved the win.
So if you thought about it would you agree that they were poor going forward?

And if you have been truthful on first question would you say that they were poor in defence?

Otis

Admittedly not the way we want to play at home but on clear chances from both sides we probably deserved the win.
Haven't said otherwise.

Didn't stop us being awful though.

Two things would should be proud of today and one was the way we defended to a man and the other was our being clincal in front of goal.

We won, probably deserved to win, but played very poorly.

We play like that every week and we are going to fine we may well get hammered.

We were lucky in one thing and that was that Rochdale were so poor in the final third.

I think the Rochdale fan analysis put on here is pretty spot on. We were the worst side they had faced for some time, but caused their own downfall.

covcity4life

Venus is mowbray and mowbray is the saviour. And now we March up table. Listen to covcity4life :)

Draw at Walsall will be great.

Also bigi tried to make things happen. That's why he fucked up sumtimes. Give me that over sum1 who doesn't try like Stephen Hughes or Sammy clingan

Otis

Venus is mowbray and mowbray is the saviour. And now we March up table. Listen to covcity4life :)

Draw at Walsall will be great.

Also bigi tried to make things happen. That's why he fucked up sumtimes. Give me that over sum1 who doesn't try like Stephen Hughes or Sammy clingan
No, agree. Thought he worked his socks off today. Just wish he would take more care of the ball.

No-one can criticise our workrate or effort today. It was first class.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Haven't said otherwise.

Didn't stop us being awful though.

Two things would should be proud of today and one was the way we defended to a man and the other was our being clincal in front of goal.

We won, probably deserved to win, but played very poorly.

We play like that every week and we are going to fine we may well get hammered.

We were lucky in one thing and that was that Rochdale were so poor in the final third.

I think the Rochdale fan analysis put on here is pretty spot on. We were the worst side they had faced for some time, but caused their own downfall.
So maybe it was the game plan to stifle there attacking threat and then pick them off on the counter when the opportunity presented itself, in that respect the game plan worked perfectly and Venus gets a 10.

Users who are viewing this thread