Clive Platt (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What did you lot think of him against West Brom?

I personally thought he did well, he won near enough everything in the air and knocked the ball down into great places where strikers should be playing off him. He looks to be an older version of Leon Best.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
He's not going to beat a man with pace and skill and then stick it in the top corner but he does give us a different dynamic going forward. I think he will be especially effective away from home when it's harder to play through teams and you have to win ugly. From what I saw he works hard and is a good aerial threat whether its playing flick ons to other players or having a pop at goal himself. Combining his aerial threat and work rate a lot of defenders in this league won't like the job of marking him especially on set pieces. Will be useful if we're defending a 1 goal lead late on in a game against better opposition aswell when the opposition pile on the longballs towards our box as well as defending set pieces. Just like Crouch does for Spurs if anyone else saw their game against Stoke last season when he made Delap's long throws completely redundant and useless when they had been effective against other teams throughout the season.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

If we start with 1 up front then i'd think it's between Platt and Jukebox.

Nick

Administrator
If we could just get out strikers playing off him we will be laughing!

Even with Best we never had anybody play off him and when he won the ball there was nobody there :(

If O'Donovan was to gamble and make a run expecting Platt to win it we could get a few goals that way I think!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

It'l probably be Jukebox up top with Eastwood just off him having to drop in to make a 5 across the middle when we havent got it.To start with.Even though Platts signing took us by suprise,his goalscoring record isnt to bad for a target/link striker.

Users who are viewing this thread