Club Shop (1 Viewer)

North York’s Blue

I phoned up yesterday to check on availability of a home shirt (as a birthday present for someone else). Was told that i didn't need to have one reserved as they'd be plenty in stock. Low and behold having driven 80 miles this afternoon I ve been told that they've run out of the size I need. Absolute joke 2 days after the kit launch. They 'might' have some in later in the week....

vow

I phoned up yesterday to check on availability of a home shirt (as a birthday present for someone else). Was told that i didn't need to have one reserved as they'd be plenty in stock. Low and behold having driven 80 miles this afternoon I ve been told that they've run out of the size I need. Absolute joke 2 days after the kit launch. They 'might' have some in later in the week....
Feel your pain, but did you explain you were coming with a 160 mile round trip?

skybluepm2

Terrible planning if that's the case, particularly after the big build up. I'm abroad at the moment and bought it online, paying the standard £5 delivery charge that comes with any purchase, which you'd hope would mean you get it within a couple of days. That had better be the case anyway.

Super_Johnny_Gayle

I wouldn't expect anything less from the shabbyness of our club.

ccfcway

Mate, this is ccfc, what the fuck did you expect?

shocking but in no way unexpected. Its not like its all about the additional revenues. I also predict this will be another short thread, as many who normally defend the owners will be quiet on this one.

Nick

Administrator
shocking but in no way unexpected. Its not like its all about the additional revenues. I also predict this will be another short thread, as many who normally defend the owners will be quiet on this one.
Do you think joy is in charge of ordering the stock then?

Did you tell them you were driving up the same day and they guaranteed stock? Put in a complaint, I'll see if I can find an email address I had. Free shipping is the least they can do :)

ccfcway

Do you think joy is in charge of ordering the stock then?

Crazy I know, but I would expect them to have employed someone who as a buyer would have purchased enough of a product launched less than 48 hours ago not to go out of stock. We aren't talking about Adele tickets at Wembley, its a new ccfc shirt, how on earth have they ran out on day 2 ?

I don't think she is charge of ordering stock, sorting out a cup final dvd, sorting out the new ground etc, but she hires and pays the people that are

Liquid Gold

Crazy I know, but I would expect them to have employed someone who as a buyer would have purchased enough of a product launched less than 48 hours ago not to go out of stock. We aren't talking about Adele tickets at Wembley, its a new ccfc shirt, how on earth have they ran out on day 2 ?

I don't think she is charge of ordering stock, sorting out a cup final dvd, sorting out the new ground etc, but she hires and pays the people that are
To be honest I doubt Joy recalls what colour we play in. This sort of shit I'd blame Fisher for. Or you never know the guy might be XXXXXXXXXXXXXXL

Nick

Administrator
To be honest I doubt Joy recalls what colour we play in. This sort of shit I'd blame Fisher for. Or you never know the guy might be XXXXXXXXXXXXXXL
Or the commercial bloke at the time ;) or just sport. Or the person on the phone with no common sense to just put a shirt aside and give a time when it will go back to stock if he didn't turn up.

Do they have that size online? They ship it out from just sport so might have them there.

It's like when a guy blamed sisu for Murphy missing a penalty, see his logic.

Last edited:

ccfcway

Or the commercial bloke at the time ;) or just sport. Or the person on the phone with no common sense to just put a shirt aside and give a time when it will go back to stock if he didn't turn up.

Do they have that size online? They ship it out from just sport so might have them there.

It's like when a guy blamed sisu for Murphy missing a penalty, see his logic.

disagree. A fan wants to spend money on CCFC products and as a result give the club money to enable them to improve the budget on the playing side and enable us to compete,but cant as we don't have the stock is not the same as blaming the owners for a player missing a pen

Liquid Gold

disagree. A fan wants to spend money on CCFC products and as a result give the club money to enable them to improve the budget on the playing side and enable us to compete,but cant as we don't have the stock is not the same as blaming the owners for a player missing a pen
I think Just Sport make the vast majority of money from any sales. They pay the club an annual fee and then a small % on top.

ceetee

Looked at that option, no guaranteed delivery date and someone has to sign for it.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but these things tend to be down to individuals.

My experience is not recent but it is since Just Sports had the franchise. Like you I didn't want to buy online because I didn't have time to have it delivered to me before I next saw my grandson (not local) and didn't want to send it direct as there might not be anyone at home to sign for it,
I spoke to the warehouse who put me on to the lady who dealt with CCFC. She put a shirt in a bag with my name on it and sent it to the shop for me to collect.

My experience was better than I had a right to expect

Same Just Sports
Same CCFC
Same Fisher
Same SISU
Different outcome

Liquid Gold

wouldn't the turnover go to ccfc ffp though before it goes to just sport ?
I think we're allowed to count it towards FFP even though we don't actually get the money. Don't quote me on that because I'm not 100% on how it works but it is something stupid like that.

Paul Jones

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but these things tend to be down to individuals.

My experience is not recent but it is since Just Sports had the franchise. Like you I didn't want to buy online because I didn't have time to have it delivered to me before I next saw my grandson (not local) and didn't want to send it direct as there might not be anyone at home to sign for it,
I spoke to the warehouse who put me on to the lady who dealt with CCFC. She put a shirt in a bag with my name on it and sent it to the shop for me to collect.

My experience was better than I had a right to expect

Same Just Sports
Same CCFC
Same Fisher
Same SISU
Different outcome
This

ccfcway

I think we're allowed to count it towards FFP even though we don't actually get the money. Don't quote me on that because I'm not 100% on how it works but it is something stupid like that.

in which case, it matters !

could be the difference between a top 8 budget and a higher budget with the fans that we have

Nick

Administrator
It's the same, it's a bad decision by somebody down the chain.

The person in the shop could have put one aside anyway and given a time to pick it up by. If he said he was driving 80 miles they should have recommended he had one shipped to save him time, if he insisted but there was no stock they should have offered him free delivery.

It shouldn't need to go above shop manager level.

It's like going mental at the tesco ceo because your cheese was swapped in a home delivery order. That might not get as many internet back pats though.

Last edited:

ccfcway

It's the same, it's a bad decision by somebody down the chain.

The person in the shop could have put one aside anyway and given a time to pick it up by. If he said he was driving 80 miles they should have recommended he had one shipped to save him time, if he insisted but there was no stock they should have offered him free delivery.

It shouldn't need to go above shop manager level.

this level of customer service runs through the entire club nick. If you choose to believe something else that's fine

ccfcway

I was talking about this thread and instance?

and me. Its not in isolation. I agree that If that was the last shirt in their size they should have been told they would keep it until x o clock. Bigger question I would ask why they have ran out after 48 hours. we need all the income we can get to compete this season.

Speng

Didn't run out , just didn't have his size , he could be xxxxl ,
It is shit though mate , like nick said put a complaint in ,
They should have put one aside for you ..

Grendel

You do realise a large amount of purchases are now made online? If this had been an online purchase it would be made in two days, the delivery charge less than the petrol. No one would seriously contemplate driving with no gaurentee of purchase.

I tried to buy a specific TV in John Lewis as I was in Solihull last week and was told no stock in store.

Is that unnaceptable as well?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I haven't bought a replica shirt since I was a teenager but if I was in your shoes, knowing what our club shop and ticketing system is like, I would of insisted they reserved me one and offered to pay over the phone. Unless you're after a branded garden gnome or official screenwash, the club shop are pretty hopeless.

Nick

Administrator
and me. Its not in isolation. I agree that If that was the last shirt in their size they should have been told they would keep it until x o clock. Bigger question I would ask why they have ran out after 48 hours. we need all the income we can get to compete this season.
And that's down to the shop manager for stock from the main warehouse, and the person who answered the phone for not using their brain.

Rather than just shouting sisu aimlessly for a change which seems to happen, I've also commented.multiple times on communication and PR.

It also goes for when the lady in the ticket office goes above and beyond to sort things that's on her. Sisu shouldn't get credited for that.

ccfcway

I tried to buy a specific TV in John Lewis as I was in Solihull last week and was told no stock in store. Is that unnaceptable as well?

I phoned up yesterday to check on availability of a home shirt (as a birthday present for someone else). Was told that i didn't need to have one reserved as they'd be plenty in stock. ...

not quite the same comparison is it ?

ccfcway

And that's down to the shop manager for stock from the main warehouse, and the person who answered the phone for not using their brain.

Rather than just shouting sisu aimlessly for a change which seems to happen, I've also commented.multiple times on communication and PR.

in which case your right and those in power need to deal with those who are restricting our revenue opportunities due to errors

Nick

Administrator
in which case your right and those in power need to deal with those who are restricting our revenue opportunities due to errors
That still wouldn't be sisu, it would probably be the new guy anyway.

What he needs to do is just send an email to just sport saying what went on, they have been decent whenever I have dealt with them.

Users who are viewing this thread