Cody McDonald offered escape from Sky Blues (1 Viewer)

Sub

Cody McDonald offered escape from Sky Blues 'bomb squad' by Gillingham

Gills’ boss Martin Allen could provide a route out for McDonald, who has had two successful loan spells at Priestfield Stadium

Share on printShare on email

PM2811154DJ160313CITY_3-Medium-4724298.jpg
Cody McDonald - 47 games, eight goals
Coventry City striker Cody McDonald could be heading back to Gillingham.
The 27-year-old is surplus to requirement with Sky Blues and currently training with six other contracted players who do not figure in manager Steven Pressley’s plans.

City are trying to negotiate the contracted players out of the club and Gills’ boss Martin Allen could provide a route out for McDonald who has had two successful loan spells at Priestfield Stadium, the most recent coming at the back end of last season when he scored four goals in seven games to help the Kent club’s promotion push to League One.

Allen is keen to reunite the little forward with target man Adebayo Akinfenwa who he has just signed from Northampton. The pair enjoyed a prolific partnership with Gillingham in the 2010/11 season.

Nonleagueherewecome

I hear that the next film in the "Escape From New York/L.A." trilogy is set to be called "Escape From Northampton".

smileycov

Facebook User
yep sell em all, its not as if we can't just replace em...............is it?

RoboCCFC90

There goes AT's inspirational signing.. :(:(

RoboCCFC90

Nor could all our other strikers until they played against us :facepalm:

Ah but I can live safe in the knowledge knowing that Freddy "Gypo" Eastwood wlll never score against us..

Ashdown1

Adams, Christie, McDonald, Baker and Leon Clarke will all be sold as SISU pull the legs off the spider one by one to exert more and more pressure. Pressley is another desperate fuck as well as he just repeats the same old mantra a la Thorn, if he had any scruples he'd pack up and leave in protest. Whilst everyone has one eye off the pitch I don't doubt SISU's operatives will be doing their best to market anyone with a value right now ! I said it at the time and I say it again, who could possibly blame Robins for jumping off the sinking ship !

Nick

Administrator
Fair play to McDonald, I reckon he will get 10+ next season if he gets a lot of game time.

ajsccfc

if he had any scruples he'd pack up and leave in protest.

I'm sure it's just that simple, and you'd no doubt do the same if ever faced with such a thing rather than realise there's more consideration to it than shouting 'this is what I'd do!!!' on the internet.

The Reverend Skyblue

Adams, Christie, McDonald, Baker and Leon Clarke will all be sold as SISU pull the legs off the spider one by one to exert more and more pressure. Pressley is another desperate fuck as well as he just repeats the same old mantra a la Thorn, if he had any scruples he'd pack up and leave in protest. Whilst everyone has one eye off the pitch I don't doubt SISU's operatives will be doing their best to market anyone with a value right now ! I said it at the time and I say it again, who could possibly blame Robins for jumping off the sinking ship !

Yea I agree Ashdown, we can exonerate Robins totally in his decision to leave and we probably all would have done what he did ,remembering that he had no allegiance to Coventry previous to his appointment.
Got to be one of his best decisions in his career, a great shame we lost him because I had'nt felt so good about the team under him for decades. Winning away every week scoring lots of goals was bliss while it lasted, I remember the away game at Colchester on a very cold winters night when every time we went forward it looked like we would score, we just looked so good that night, why oh why did it have to come to this

ajsccfc

The backwards hero worship of Mark Robins here is hilarious, particularly considering the revisionism that departing players have similarly enjoyed (ha ha Westwood's on the bench again, grass not greener now!!!!!). Robins really stuck to his principles by lying through his teeth about his attachment to the club five minutes before waltzing off to a cushy number. He's not a 'yes man' like all the other SISU puppet managers right? Unless the question was Huddersfield asking if he'd like more money of course.

Boo those players who want to leave, and boo those managers who don't have the balls, spine, guts and hamstrings to walk out of their job!

The Reverend Skyblue

The backwards hero worship of Mark Robins here is hilarious, particularly considering the revisionism that departing players have similarly enjoyed (ha ha Westwood's on the bench again, grass not greener now!!!!!). Robins really stuck to his principles by lying through his teeth about his attachment to the club five minutes before waltzing off to a cushy number. He's not a 'yes man' like all the other SISU puppet managers right? Unless the question was Huddersfield asking if he'd like more money of course.

Boo those players who want to leave, and boo those managers who don't have the balls, spine, guts and hamstrings to walk out of their job!

ajsccfc, its certainly not "hero worshipping "Robins at all.In my example all I said I can see why he made the decision to go and we don't know for certain it was for more money.
I just think he was sick of the infighting and couldn't see a future for him and his family at Cov, and when a club from his home county came along it was a no brainer for him to go.
My opinion only, and I was certainly not hero worshiping him

ajsccfc

It's not specifically aimed at your post, but over time here Robins has been increasingly forgiven for fucking us over, particularly when compared with other managers who are labelled as 'yes men' or puppets without any kind of explanation. Robins being poached is almost looked at now as though he stood up for his principles rather than simply got a better offer.

Yea I agree Ashdown, we can exonerate Robins totally in his decision to leave and we probably all would have done what he did ,remembering that he had no allegiance to Coventry previous to his appointment.
Got to be one of his best decisions in his career, a great shame we lost him because I had'nt felt so good about the team under him for decades. Winning away every week scoring lots of goals was bliss while it lasted, I remember the away game at Colchester on a very cold winters night when every time we went forward it looked like we would score, we just looked so good that night, why oh why did it have to come to this

I think Robin's success was mainly due to the inspirational McGoldrick, a player that Robins didn't in fact sign. Our season seemed to go downhill once McG left not when Robins left although I'd agree it did get decidedly worse.

Users who are viewing this thread