Cody's goal? (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueGuy

No mention of it on here this morning (when I origionally tried to post this) or this afternoon. Was it any good? How did he play?

CovLis86

No mention of it on here this morning (when I origionally tried to post this) or this afternoon. Was it any good? How did he play?

I imagine a lot of people are ignoring it even happened, after going on and on about how much of a waste of space he is....

WillenhallSkyBlues

+ he is still a waste of space, things with people on here a player scores one goal or the incompetent manage wins one game then all of a sudden their messiahs again

sw88

Chief Commentator!
from what I can remember it was his only shot on goal, quiet before and quiet after!

Where's the issue here? I bet had he had 1 shot and it go off target it would be spoke about!!

He took it well. Couldn't have found the corner any better if he tried. Must say I was impressed at his finishing in the warm up and was pleased to see this continue into the game when he came on

torchomatic

He looked lively from the off and it was a well taken goal. Pleased for him. Hopefully he'll prove some of his doubters wrong.

CovLis86

+ he is still a waste of space, things with people on here a player scores one goal or the incompetent manage wins one game then all of a sudden their messiahs again

And some people will continue to berate a player whatever he does. Like win us a potentially vital point last night. Without him, we would have lost last night.

ajsccfc

He looked his sharpest for a long time before and after the goal, certainly wasn't as quiet as suggested. The goal was a snap shot with his left (I think) right into the bottom corner, took it well during a bit of a mess in the area.

torchomatic

So let me get this clear in my head. First, we slag him off for being injured and not scoring? And now we should continue to slag him off for only having one shot and scoring from it? Sound about right?

Lord_Nampil

From yesterday you can see why he scores goals! Just needs game time and i can see him being a key player in the running! As good of a footballer Nimley is hes not a striker, Cody on the other hand looks the kind of player who if given chances will score goals for fun!

I really rate him!

pusbccfc

Great come back, he looked lively against Leicester, and the way he took his goal you can see his a goal scorer.
Loved his first touch when he beat 3 men.

mexico88

So weird how people see thing differently and also a sign of the times at CcFc when we rate someone like Cody as good.

I was there last night. He looked slow, a yard of the pace and didn't really seem to anticipate stuff. Having said that, he took the goal well but he isn't going to be a success at this level I'm afraid.

When MArlon King came - he completely stood out from the team. When Nimley came - he completely stood out from the team. Cody just doesn't stand out for me. Very average.

torchomatic

King was a Premier League striker. Nimley is and will be one. Why have a go at Cody for not being as good? Remember the line that we were going to shop at Harrods rather than Woolworths? Well, we've gone full circle. If we were in the Premier League then we wouldn't have signed Cody. But we're not. I believe Cody will be a useful aqusition for us and will score goals for us next season whatever division we end up in.

stupot07

King was a Premier League striker. Nimley is and will be one. Why have a go at Cody for not being as good? Remember the line that we were going to shop at Harrods rather than Woolworths? Well, we've gone full circle. If we were in the Premier League then we wouldn't have signed Cody. But we're not. I believe Cody will be a useful aqusition for us and will score goals for us next season whatever division we end up in.

Nimely isnt a premier league striker................yet. As exciting as he is, he is still very raw and although looks a threat doesn't look a goal an has to improve his decision making.

guicey15

Think he deserves a lot of praise for his goal, whilst Baker, Deegan, Platt and Nimely were all stood still trying to get a penalty, Mcdonald ignored the protests for the foul, stayed alert and finished well. So well done Cody

kg82

Think he deserves a lot of praise for his goal, whilst Baker, Deegan, Platt and Nimely were all stood still trying to get a penalty, Mcdonald ignored the protests for the foul, stayed alert and finished well. So well done Cody

The sentiment's right but hadn't Deegan and Platt gone off?

DukeOfCov

At least he found the back of the net which no-one else could do - who's complaining? Let's just hope he does the same again on Saturday

J

Jack Griffin

Nimley has got us how many penalties?

I think AT will stick to the same plan, Nimley/Platt to start, Cody on for last 30mins.

shmmeee

Nimley has got us how many penalties?

I think AT will stick to the same plan, Nimley/Platt to start, Cody on for last 30mins.

To be honest I'd rather the other way around so we can throw Platt on when we need to be pumping it long chasing the game (or even holding onto a lead)

CovLis86

Just watched it again on BBC football highlights. Quality finish. Strikers instinct kind of goal, and I dont think we have seen that from anyone else this season. Hope for more of the same. Clearly got it in him somewhere.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Cody + Nimley upfront sounds lovely to me. Both young and improving, one who can create chances from very little and the other who can finish, if given a run in the team. Could be an amazing partnership if both continue to develop as players

Users who are viewing this thread