Coleman Has Applied For Wales Job (2 Viewers)

Coventry La La La

_39860361_coleman300.jpg
Former City manager confirms Wales interest

Former Coventry City manager Chris Coleman has confirmed he has applied for the Wales managers' job.
The job is currently being done by caretaker manager Brian Flynn following the resignation of John Toshack earlier this year.
Coleman, who was sacked by Coventry City at the end of another disappointing season which saw them finish in a lowly 19th place in the Championship, told BBC Wales: "I've put the finishing touches to my CV and sent it off,"

"So I have officially applied. You're talking about managing your country and I think that any football person is going to want that. I certainly do."
Coleman started his managerial career at Fulham before going to Spain to manage Real Sociedad, but personality clashes forced him to quit. He then took over the reins at Coventry City, but failed to improve the team and paid the penalty for failure.

The Football Association of Wales will select and interview candidates for the vacant post and hope to appoint their new manager shortly before Christmas.
Other candidates for post include current caretaker boss Brian Flynn, former Coventry and Wales striker John Hartson and Ian Rush.
Stoke City manager Tony Pulis has ruled himself out of the running saying it is too early in his career to consider managing Wales at the moment. Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs, Millwall manager Kenny Jackett and Sheffield United boss Gary Speed have also all ruled themselves out of contention.

Coleman, in his interview with BBC Wales, went onto say, "The last two results were not the results that we were looking for"We played some lovely football, there were some positives, but I just thought, and this is not a reflection on Brian Flynn as he was only there for two games or John before him because he had a lot of players missing, we looked like we were not hard to beat."
"It's never easy to go into a job like that and a team like that, that's lacking in confidence, lacking in quality because a lot of players are missing. So it was always going to be difficult for Brian. First and foremost we've got to start getting our best players back into the squad and not just for one or two games."

"We've got the England games next and I'm sure there'll be a strong squad for that. We've got to start getting our best players in the squad on a consistent basis."
pencil.png

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Good luck to him, he might reconsider Eastwood for the Wales side when he's back to fitness. He's surely better then Simon Church anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread