Come On The Old Five - Blog (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

The blog is at https://theoldfive.wordpress.com/, there are so far 4 detailed articles about SISU, a mine of information.

The latest piece discusses the "new stadium" https://theoldfive.wordpress.com/2015/05/18/highfield-roas-2-a-road-too-far/

It pieces together related statement and other facts in a relatively easily digestible timeline.

I think the salient point made was about evidence required by FL to show progress on a new stadium.

Greg Clarke, chairman of the Football League, stated on 16 August 2013 in an exclusive interview with the Coventry Telegraph: “The League would demand phased evidence over time of progress on a new stadium”.

Has CCFC provided such evidence in the last two years?

What is the agreed timeframe between CCFC and the Football League for delivery of a new stadium?

Anyway in my opinion it is worth a read.. because SISU still maintain they are building a stadium, until they say otherwise shouldn't we take them at their word?

mrtrench

I suspect that now we are back in Coventry no evidence needs to be submitted. It could be that the evidence was due last year and played a part in making them return.

ccfcway

I think the salient point made was about evidence required by FL to show progress on a new stadium.

Greg Clarke, chairman of the Football League, stated on 16 August 2013 in an exclusive interview with the Coventry Telegraph: “The League would demand phased evidence over time of progress on a new stadium”. Has CCFC provided such evidence in the last two years?

That issue became a lot less important for the FL when we came back to Coventry. I would suspect they have no concerns about a new stadium now.

Esoterica

The football league wanted evidence of new stadium progress when we were playing in another town. The moment we came back to the Ricoh, even on a short term rental deal, they started giving even less of a shit than they gave when we moved to Sixfields.

This author is either a cartographer or a member of the National Trust and to be banging out a blog like that on the first week we finally have some football related news to talk and be positive about for fuck knows how long, suggests to me he has a hidden agenda surpassing that of your average CCFC fan

Grendel

Zzzzzzzzzz

chiefdave

Not sure why the league would be bothered now. They will only take an interest if we try and move back to Sixfields. As far as I can make out the only thing the league could question at the moment is that we don't have a 10 year agreement at the Ricoh which is supposed to be the minimum but they let us move back without that so don't expect them to do anything in the near future.

torchomatic

I would imagine the FL were very interested...until the Gillingham game. We're back in Coventry, why would they care?

Grendel

I think jacks in for a carpeting tomorrow at council HQ.

Ann: "jack I told you that crappy blog of yours won't deflect the feel good factor around that fucking club"

Jack; "I'm sorry your almightiness I have got a new one planned that's a 100 page critique of Tim and Waggo it's a gem"

Ann: "no it's going to be shit your'e not getting your signed Waaps shirt now and your'e not getting that Saturday overtime down at Italias car park"

Jack: "oh please your highness I really need that Saturday job - I will do anything please anything"

Ann: "did you see the first episode of series 3 of the league of gentleman with Pauline and Ross?"

Jack: er yes surely you don't mean.....

Ann: I'm assuming the position and your playing Pauline.

skybluetony176

I think jacks in for a carpeting tomorrow at council HQ.

Ann: "jack I told you that crappy blog of yours won't deflect the feel good factor around that fucking club"

Jack; "I'm sorry your almightiness I have got a new one planned that's a 100 page critique of Tim and Waggo it's a gem"

Ann: "no it's going to be shit your'e not getting your signed Waaps shirt now and your'e not getting that Saturday overtime down at Italias car park"

Jack: "oh please your highness I really need that Saturday job - I will do anything please anything"

Ann: "did you see the first episode of series 3 of the league of gentleman with Pauline and Ross?"

Jack: er yes surely you don't mean.....

Ann: I'm assuming the position and your playing Pauline.

Les Dennis would be proud.

Sick Boy

i think jacks in for a carpeting tomorrow at council hq.

Ann: "jack i told you that crappy blog of yours won't deflect the feel good factor around that fucking club"

jack; "i'm sorry your almightiness i have got a new one planned that's a 100 page critique of tim and waggo it's a gem"

ann: "no it's going to be shit your'e not getting your signed waaps shirt now and your'e not getting that saturday overtime down at italias car park"

jack: "oh please your highness i really need that saturday job - i will do anything please anything"

ann: "did you see the first episode of series 3 of the league of gentleman with pauline and ross?"

jack: Er yes surely you don't mean.....

Ann: I'm assuming the position and your playing pauline.

hahahahhaha!!!

skybluetony176

Still not had time to read it all but an interesting blog from what I have read. Good that it has actual transcripts from interviews and what was said in court, good also that it seems to put it all into some sort of time frame because so much has happened i find it hard to remember what has happend/been said and when. Not pro-SISU but then as we keep getting told that no fans are pro SISU I can't imagine any fans having a problem with this blog but...

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Still not had time to read it all but an interesting blogg from what I have read. Good that it has actual transcripts from interviews and what was said in court, good also that it seems to put it all into some sort of time frame because so much has happened i find it hard to remember what has happend/been said and when. Not pro-SISU but then as we keep getting told that no fans are pro SISU I can't imagine any fans having a problem with this blogg but...

How can you spell a word you've just read incorrectly?

Astute

I would imagine the FL were very interested...until the Gillingham game. We're back in Coventry, why would they care?

Exactly. If we were still in Northampton SISU would have to be well on the way to building a new ground. And it would have to been completed within another 3 years. The idea was to bring our club home. But our club is home (but not in our own home)

Esoterica

Still not had time to read it all but an interesting blog from what I have read. Good that it has actual transcripts from interviews and what was said in court, good also that it seems to put it all into some sort of time frame because so much has happened i find it hard to remember what has happend/been said and when. Not pro-SISU but then as we keep getting told that no fans are pro SISU I can't imagine any fans having a problem with this blog but...

I don't have a problem with the blog itself, I just think an article of such length based around the point of the FL wanting evidence of a new stadium when we moved to Sixfields is somewhat pointless now. And as I said earlier in the thread, that point, combined with the timing of the article makes me think there's an agenda behind it. That you like it cause it has chronologically documented what you have forgotten, doesn't make it a good blog if that is not the intended purpose of the blog

Grendel

I don't have a problem with the blog itself, I just think an article of such length based around the point of the FL wanting evidence of a new stadium when we moved to Sixfields is somewhat pointless now. And as I said earlier in the thread, that point, combined with the timing of the article makes me think there's an agenda behind it. That you like it cause it has chronologically documented what you have forgotten, doesn't make it a good blog if that is not the intended purpose of the blog

Indeed not and when blogs were shown last week from Wasps fans suggesting that the move to the Ricoh was being engineered before Richardson was even in place these were dismissed as hearsay and speculation.

skybluetony176

Indeed not and when blogs were shown last week from Wasps fans suggesting that the move to the Ricoh was being engineered before Richardson was even in place these were dismissed as hearsay and speculation.

It was largely speculation and hearsay so that's hardly surprising. It was an opinion piece. What was actually referenced in that blog and attributed to anyone in particular?

This blog on the other hand gives reference from not only interviews with the people in question but also court extracts and extracts from FOI replies. It at least has reference points.

Grendel

It was largely speculation and hearsay so that's hardly surprising. It was an opinion piece. What was actually referenced in that blog and attributed to anyone in particular?

This blog on the other hand gives reference from not only interviews with the people in question but also court extracts and extracts from FOI replies. It at least has reference points.

Reference points to an irrelevant situation you mean?

The issue of course is that the other blogs (there were 2) don't fit into your cosy view on things. One was subsequently described by wasps fans (who with respect will know a bit more about the politics of their club than you or I) as the best article written about the clubs off field strategy.

As for references there is of course the sticky matter of the claim that CRFC chairman met Richardson before he was installed as wasps owner. Something that substantiates the claims made.

To be fair when I put them out there they were well received by the majority - this tired ancient piece seems to only have you and council jack interested.

Here's another one;

http://www.therugbyblog.com/was-richardsons-wasps-takeover-just-a-step-on-the-road-to-the-ricoh

Last edited:

jimmyhillsfanclub

The issue of course is that the other blogs (there were 2) don't fit into your cosy view on things. One was subsequently described by wasps fans (who with respect will know a bit more about the politics of their club than you or I) as the best article written about the clubs off field strategy.

As for references there is of course the sticky matter of the claim that CRFC chairman met Richardson before he was installed as wasps owner. Something that substantiates the claims made.

To be fair when I put them out there they were well received by the majority - this tired ancient piece seems to only have you and council jack interested.

Here's another one;

http://www.therugbyblog.com/was-richardsons-wasps-takeover-just-a-step-on-the-road-to-the-ricoh

This is interesting stuff......I've often thought that maybe the initial talks with wasps playing games at the Ricoh years before Sisu even started the rent strike could have been the catalyst that pricked the interest of Richardson etc.

( http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/red-button-ricoh-arena-chairman-5431948 )

If you allow that idea to rattle around in the old grey matter for a while, it raises so many other questions that it makes my head ache.....

skybluetony176

Here's another one;

They were reference points none the less but i don't know how you can say they're irrelevant when it concerns CCFC.

Does the CRFC Chairman have the power to sell ACL then to Wasps? Was ACL or the Ricoh even discussed during their meeting? All it substantiates is that they met and IIRC from the link you posted discussed in general term about a merger between the 2 clubs. No mention of ACL and The Ricoh or a cunning plan to take over. Is that correct?

duffer

No problem with people putting stuff out there, but it does come across as a little confused. The FL statements about progress, and the eight-mile radius, does that really apply any more. Does anyone think that the FL would stop CCFC building a stadium further out of town than eight miles?

He's just plain wrong about taking legal action against Wasps too. And now that the loan to CCC has been repaid, it's doubtful any action against CCC can impact them directly in any way. Pitching the delays on a proposed new stadium as a play for time doesn't really seem to make sense to me - why do CCFC need more time now?

Personally, the location thing which seems to be the focus of the blog is a bit of a red herring for me, what I'm more interested in is the financial argument for the new stadium. I don't think SISU have made that case yet, though Wasps moving in obviously makes the argument for moving a bit stronger.

Grendel

They were reference points none the less but i don't know how you can say they're irrelevant when it concerns CCFC.

Does the CRFC Chairman have the power to sell ACL then to Wasps? Was ACL or the Ricoh even discussed during their meeting? All it substantiates is that they met and IIRC from the link you posted discussed in general term about a merger between the 2 clubs. No mention of ACL and The Ricoh or a cunning plan to take over. Is that correct?

Why when people try and have a rational discussion with you do you act like a petulant 5 year old threatened with his favourite toy being confiscated?

I present 3 blogs and the interview. The point you are missing is the chronological order of things.

Richardson has nothing officially to do with wasps when the discussions took place. The council had said their "door was never closed" and wasps announced the intention to move to a bigger stadium (the butts is of course smaller). So a merger isn't going involve playing at the butts is it.

You may choice to not believe them but others may consider them worthy of debate and discussion.

There are more on the way to support the view.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Do you not think something appears just a little fishy Tony?

The former boss of ACL courting Wasps as potential tenants as far back as 2011?

Richardson meeting the chairman of CRFC to discuss a potential club merger with London wasps....despite having no links to either sporting club at the time of the meeting?

What about the sudden rush to get CCFC back to the ricoh......could that have been a condition of sale imposed by wasps to help smooth the way (both financially & socially) during their bedding in period?

Add in all the two-faced talk & outright bullshit spouted by the council......which in retrospect, certainly appears to have been a smokescreen to ensure the secret negotiations & sale to a London franchise were not derailed...

Not saying any of this is cast iron fact.....but I'd like to see some journalists do some digging on it.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Why when people try and have a rational discussion with you do you act like a petulant 5 year old threatened with his favourite toy being confiscated?

I present 3 blogs and the interview. The point you are missing is the chronological order of things.

Richardson has nothing officially to do with wasps when the discussions took place. The council had said their "door was never closed" and wasps announced the intention to move to a bigger stadium (the butts is of course smaller). So a merger isn't going involve playing at the butts is it.

You may choice to not believe them but others may consider them worthy of debate and discussion.

There are more on the way to support the view.

I thought we were debating and discussing it?

By the way, you're the only one throwing your toys out the pram. I've actually come back to the points you've raised with questions (you know, like a discussion) whereas you've ignored mine.

Grendel

I thought we were debating and discussing it?

By the way, you're the only one throwing your toys out the pram. I've actually come back to the points you've raised with questions (you know, like a discussion) whereas you've ignored mine.

No you haven't

The view amongst several wasps fans and bloggers on the topic is that Richardson approached ACl as early as 2012 to look at acquiring the business.

Those I have presented. Your assertion the Rossborough discussion was involving a merger with Wasps without the inclusion of the Ricoh is patently absurd. Even an article in the telegraph before it became totally censored was headlined "have wasps been buzzing round the Ricoh for years?" So they are speculating as well are they?

To suggest I'm throwing toys out the pram is nonsense. Look around you, no one else is with you on this here. Even council jack has done a runner and no one else is interested in the boring blog he has produced.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think there is such a thing as too much information. Only glanced at what is there but a lot of it doesn't really seem relevant to CCFC or SISU's ownership of it. Not really sure what the purpose of the blog is if I am honest. How does it change or help to change CCFC's situation. Most fans I would think will glaze over after the first few paragraphs

What did he say about taking action against Wasps duffer? The second JR application by ARVO, SBS&L and Otium is against CCC but it also names AEHC and Wasps as associated parties

skybluetony176

Do you not think something appears just a little fishy Tony?

The former boss of ACL courting Wasps as potential tenants as far back as 2011?

Richardson meeting the chairman of CRFC to discuss a potential club merger with London wasps....despite having no links to either sporting club at the time of the meeting?

What about the sudden rush to get CCFC back to the ricoh......could that have been a condition of sale imposed by wasps to help smooth the way (both financially & socially) during their bedding in period?

Add in all the two-faced talk & outright bullshit spouted by the council......which in retrospect, certainly appears to have been a smokescreen to ensure the secret negotiations & sale to a London franchise were not derailed...

Not saying any of this is cast iron fact.....but I'd like to see some journalists do some digging on it.

There are points worth discussing, no doubt.

Would you really expect the boss of a company to not look at opportunities to expand their business? Isn't that called doing your job?

It sounds like Richardson was doing due diligence. Again, wouldn't you expect that?

I don't buy the sudden rush theories. For starters ACL offered more than one reduced offer to return from the moment we left. Whether that be the one made through the administrator or through the FL.

No doubt there has been bullshit from all parties involved in this sorry mess, the main ones being highlighted in the blog on the OP. I would also argue that these are the ones that set the scene for the wasps takeover. We uninstalled ourselves as anchor Tennant and made out we moved on. How much easier could SISU have made it for the decision to sell to Wasps to be made?

I'm not saying I'm glad it was sold to Wasps, just the opposite in fact. But if you want to consider ALL the known details of how it come about you have to point the finger at our owners too. They played their part as much as anyone else.

You're right though. There does need to be some good investigative journalism doing on the WHOLE sorry affair with EVERY parties roll being scrutinising. It's the only way we will ever know the whole picture.

duffer

I think there is such a thing as too much information. Only glanced at what is there but a lot of it doesn't really seem relevant to CCFC or SISU's ownership of it. Not really sure what the purpose of the blog is if I am honest. How does it change or help to change CCFC's situation. Most fans I would think will glaze over after the first few paragraphs

What did he say about taking action against Wasps duffer? The second JR application by ARVO, SBS&L and Otium is against CCC but it also names AEHC and Wasps as associated parties

Basically he said that CCFC are taking legal action against Wasps, which isn't really true. Wasps aren't obliged to even offer a defence in the JR, because it's not suggested that they've done anything wrong. However they are (or at least were) affected parties in that one of the remedies might have been to have them repay the CCC loan. That part is academic now, the loan having been repaid. Unless I'm mistaken there's nothing else that be done to Wasps; even if SISU won the JR the court can't force CCC to sell ACL to SISU instead - possibly it will open the door to compensation, but I'm not certain that even that would be the case.

I'm also pretty sure that Wasps themselves have long since stated that they don't feel the JR will affect them...

Users who are viewing this thread