Consistency (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

Was listening earlier to david pleat on radio 5.

He explained that chairmen always wonder why their teams are inconsistent.

His answer made perfect sense and I'm surprised I'd not heard it before.

He says the simple facts are that if a team are inconsistent the players are simply not good enough for the level they are at and so will not play at a consistently high enough level throughout a season

I think that's bang on for our club and waggot, fisher and seppalla should take note

stupot07

To be honest that's not exactly rocket science. And is exactly the reason I would get rid of the likes of nouble, Barton, etc. any player can have a good game now and then, but good players have consistently good games, which is why regardless of wha our squad looks like on paper, the squad was ultimately not good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

kg82

so, how come our players were more "consistent" with TM then they were with SP ?

Huh? TM got more out of them and results picked up, but even you've said "more" consistent, which is just a nicer way of saying they weren't as crap. They weren't consistent though.

ccfcway

Huh? TM got more out of them and results picked up, but even you've said "more" consistent, which is just a nicer way of saying they weren't as crap. They weren't consistent though.

I would suggest they would have been if TM was manager all season. I would suggest they wouldn't have finished where they did.

By DP explanation, there would never be a reason to sack the manager, funny that !

kg82

I would suggest they would have been if TM was manager all season. I would suggest they wouldn't have finished where they did.

By DP explanation, there would never be a reason to sack the manager, funny that !

Guess work and mystic meg working together.

Terry Gibson's perm

It was also would have helped that if TM had been here all season most of the players we have had to put up with wouldn't have been here all season or some of them even signed.

SkyBlueSid

Having watched City at the Ricoh this season, I would say that we were remarkably consistent. We consistently failed to win!!

ccfcway

Guess work and mystic meg working together.

interesting. Your suggesting that if we had TM at the start of the season it would be "guess work" that we would finish higher than we did ?

I can only assume you don't want him to be manager then ?

higgs

We couldn't have been much worse anyway with tm in charge all season last day survival next season will be the real test now

kg82

interesting. Your suggesting that if we had TM at the start of the season it would be "guess work" that we would finish higher than we did ?

I can only assume you don't want him to be manager then ?

You're suggesting you know for certain we'd be "consistent". I believe we'd finish higher, yes. As for being consistent in the true sense of the meaning, and not just more consistent (or less crap), I couldn't possibly say because I'm not a psychic.

And guessing again, also wrong again!

ccfcway

You're suggesting you know for certain we'd be "consistent". I believe we'd finish higher, yes. As for being consistent in the true sense of the meaning, and not just more consistent (or less crap), I couldn't possibly say because I'm not a psychic.

And guessing again, also wrong again!

how many teams are actually "consistent" then ?

I would suggest perhaps Arseneal, would that be about it ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

ccfcway and pleat both have a point, its the managers jobs to set up a system and coach in a way which allows the players to put in consistent performances, if you get that right and the players are still inconsistent then they aren't good enough.

So even though a lot of our players are crap, they aren't as crap as Pressley was making them look.

chiefdave

Players that are consistent and don't make mistakes aren't going to be signing for teams in L1. The bigger issue is how often they are making mistakes and do they learn from them.

Users who are viewing this thread