Conspiracy Question (2 Viewers)

Is it beyond the scope of possibility that our revered owners have decided that we should not go up to the Championship because of the likely increased costs?

A lunge for the Premiership, which is where the big bucks are, would require substantial investment, something which I don't think SISU are prepared to gamble on.

Just a pasing thought ........ :thinking about:

Nick

Administrator
Is it beyond the scope of possibility that our revered owners have decided that we should not go up to the Championship because of the likely increased costs?

A lunge for the Premiership, which is where the big bucks are, would require substantial investment, something which I don't think SISU are prepared to gamble on.

Have the owners been match fixing or telling the players not to play well?

Terry Gibson's perm

With increased costs would come increased income so I can't see it.

Samo

You think they are just going to chug along in L1 for the next 20 years? Why?

rupert_bear

Well at that meeting with Chris Anderson he implied going up was very important to future plans. Will be interesting if he allows Mowbray to bring in a player or two with the loan deadline approaching

You think they are just going to chug along in L1 for the next 20 years? Why?

Good grief I hope not. I've supported my club for 50 years now and have seen the 34 years we were in the top flight. My fear is that our younger supporters will never get to see their club in the Prem while we have the owners we have.

Samo

Good grief I hope not. I've supported my club for 50 years now and have seen the 34 years we were in the top flight. My fear is that our younger supporters will never get to see their club in the Prem while we have the owners we have.

We may never see it again anyway, regardless of ownership, but... we live in hope. It is after all, SISU's best chance to recoup some cash.

skybluebeduff

An operation like this would require army's by day and gorillas by night. The whole club would have to be in on it. Mowbray in training will be having blood sacrificial rituals to spread the evil negativity to his players.

Everyone at the club would of had to sign a contact to the agreement of not achieving anything during the course of there CCFC career.

I also have a friend who visits from the star system Zeta Reticuli.

An operation like this would require army's by day and gorillas by night. The whole club would have to be in on it. Mowbray in training will be having blood sacrificial rituals to spread the evil negativity to his players.

Everyone at the club would of had to sign a contact to the agreement of not achieving anything during the course of there CCFC career.

I also have a friend who visits from the star system Zeta Reticuli.

HA HA HA - this really made me laugh :)

You are right I suppose, but the slump after Christmas (again) just made me wonder

ready_96

I think the combination of JOB falling out with TM and getting sent to scunthorpe, JM getting sold and the fans reaction to it and kent getting recalled all have had a larger impact on the team than expected.

Crowds are dwindling away again which isn't helping the cause, as match days at home just dont feel the same in terms of atmosphere than they did at the start of the season and the negativity is coming back. we've gone from a peaking at 16k and suddenly dropping off down to 9 or 10k...(which is made even worse with the recent news that we actually need 14k to break even now....*facepalm*)

I think the walsall and burton games hit us hard, we really should have won the walsall game and then we came out firing in the first 10 minutes against burton they managing to survive our onslaught and got the win.

skybluelee

I think the combination of JOB falling out with TM and getting sent to scunthorpe, JM getting sold and the fans reaction to it and kent getting recalled all have had a larger impact on the team than expected.

Crowds are dwindling away again which isn't helping the cause, as match days at home just dont feel the same in terms of atmosphere than they did at the start of the season and the negativity is coming back. we've gone from a peaking at 16k and suddenly dropping off down to 9 or 10k...(which is made even worse with the recent news that we actually need 14k to break even now....*facepalm*)

I think the walsall and burton games hit us hard, we really should have won the walsall game and then we came out firing in the first 10 minutes against burton they managing to survive our onslaught and got the win.

Thought we were comfortably the betters side against Burton until Phillips confirmed my suspicion that he should be nowhere near our 1st team. Or 2nd for that matter.

Covstu

I thought we were outplayed against Burton myself...

Anyway back to the topic, SISU's commercial model must hinge on Premier League status for revenue and to make us a sellable asset. Unfortunately as part of that you have to travel through Championshipland which is littered with very good teams!

rupert_bear

The average wage in the championship is about £6k a week so a 25 man squad we need an average gate of about 18000 at £20 a head to pay that, sisu will have done their homework

ricohroar

I once met the owner of a lower league club whilst on holiday. I said to him your so unlucky missing out on the play offs for the last few years. He said to me, that's where the money is, getting to the play offs and losing out, big crowds but at the end there is no increased wages to pay out.

Edited to say, that 3 years after the said club did win promotion. So maybe they built up enough in that time?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The average wage in the championship is about £6k a week so a 25 man squad we need an average gate of about 18000 at £20 a head to pay that, sisu will have done their homework

average crowd would need to be a lot higher than that. The £20 includes VAT for starters. What about all the other wages to be paid?

Average match day income per head at CCFC has never been more that £11.30 since we moved to the Ricoh

Kingokings204

The answer is clubs want as well and as much money as possible. Promotion to the championship commands higher wages yes but also increase in gates and sponsorship and tv revenue which is huge. Isn't the championship in the top ten leagues in the world? Such is the money and English football appeal.

Hobo

Conspiracy Question sums it up. It is bollocks. ..do you write professionally for the Daily Wail?

SkyBlueScottie

This is a subject that is raised in the latest Secret footballer book, for what its worth, that book suggests it happens, and having read the book at Xmas I did start to wonder...

As for having the whole club in on it, really? it only takes a decision such as (renegotiate bonuses), sack a popular member of staff / manager and then the wheels could fall off pretty sharply.

NorthernWisdom

This is a subject that is raised in the latest Secret footballer book, for what its worth, that book suggests it happens, and having read the book at Xmas I did start to wonder...

It was always rumoured Gillingham in the 80s kept finishing 4th because they couldn't afford to go up to the second division...

tbh it wouldn't be beyond the scope of possibility it'd be an easier level to sit in, while court cases carried on. You'd do that wothout spending cash on random loanees however... and we'd have had a cheaper manager, too!

We just plunge after Christmas because We. Are. Coventry. If it was true conspiracy theory you'd sign all the players early to get people to buy season tickets, deliberately lose some early games... and finish with a fantastic run so everybody bought season tickets for next season's inevitable promotion campaign.

Now *that's* how to do a conspiracy...

Kingokings204

It was always rumoured Gillingham in the 80s kept finishing 4th because they couldn't afford to go up to the second division...

tbh it wouldn't be beyond the scope of possibility it'd be an easier level to sit in, while court cases carried on. You'd do that wothout spending cash on random loanees however... and we'd have had a cheaper manager, too!

We just plunge after Christmas because We. Are. Coventry. If it was true conspiracy theory you'd sign all the players early to get people to buy season tickets, deliberately lose some early games... and finish with a fantastic run so everybody bought season tickets for next season's inevitable promotion campaign.

Now *that's* how to do a conspiracy...

If carlsberg did conspiracy theories?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
This just a question and curious, if fans told sisu they could find a new owner buy the club and they could cut their losses you think they would go for it? i know prob wouldnt happen i mean as in a lot of ccfc fans go off writing or trying get in contact with rich arab billionaires try persuade them buy the club and to contact sisu to sell. I know wouldnt happen just a thought be a dream if it could be done but if sisu turned around and said to ccfc fans ye find us a very rich serious buyer well sell would you go out your way to look for one?

Captain Dart

This just a question and curious, if fans told sisu they could find a new owner buy the club and they could cut their losses you think they would go for it? i know prob wouldnt happen i mean as in a lot of ccfc fans go off writing or trying get in contact with rich arab billionaires try persuade them buy the club and to contact sisu to sell. I know wouldnt happen just a thought be a dream if it could be done but if sisu turned around and said to ccfc fans ye find us a very rich serious buyer well sell would you go out your way to look for one?

If they could have done that they already would have.

No, as far as I can see SISU are not capable of running a football club, they are mainly in the business of taking over failing industrial concerns with big losses and turning them into profitable, but much reduced, entities which they sell on as going concerns for a tidy profit. An entirely inappropriate model for a sports club.

Currently they are suing anyone they can, presumably with the objective of getting compensation or damages, we have to wait till that shit storm abates before there is any prospect of them leaving.

Colin Steins Smile

Interesting thought, but that would require our owners to have a strategic plan for the club....something that there has been little evidence of.

rupert_bear

Let's step back a bit and look at it from Joy Sepalla's angle. She owns the business that it's CCFC, she admitted during the Northamptom affair she didn't even know we existed until then and the shit hit the fan, national news, questions in the House etc, currently she has a business ticking along with an operating budget of about £2.5 million apparently, every now and again she cashes in an assert (player) for a few million good position to be in really when you think about it. What motivation is there to go to the next level triple or quadruple the cost and if struggling have low gates and cost her money. Just me thinking the worse I suppose.

Last edited:

Otis

It's a ridiculous notion! For a start we'd have to keep letting silly goals in and missing lots of penalties .....

Oh... errm ...........

SkyBlueScottie

Im not sure why fans have to be moronic to think of such a thing, Ive come to realise that where money is involved anything is pretty much possible. Not saying its happening here, but I think it must have gone on before.

Gazolba

I've been thinking the same thing myself. There are a lot of strange unexplained things happening in the game and I am convinced that match-fixing is far more prevalent than anyone thinks.

Otis

I've been thinking the same thing myself. There are a lot of strange unexplained things happening in the game and I am convinced that match-fixing is far more prevalent than anyone thinks.
You'd only have to bet on something like so many shots in so many minutes or suchlike. Things like that would be very hard to pinpoint.

Chipfat

Sisu are not going to stump up money on the playing side in hope of competing in the championship, that is not the business model they have. They are quite content to sit in L1 with an above average wage structure to balance around the top 10, they dont have the money or desire to create a pathway to the premiership never mind stability in the championship. They are interested in figures not points in my opinion and over the last few months things have pointed to this fact.

So they cant fix games but i have said it for over a year now they are running the club on the Crewe model but telling us they are planning for bigger and better things. Nothing matches up to what they say and what they do, i dont see owners that really have any understanding of what to do sadly, but the one thing for sure is they are not ready for the championship.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread