Cost of football (1 Viewer)

R

RB1992

I'd still like to see our cheapest ST brought down slightly - £250 is probably about fair.

Grendel

Won the prize of most expensive pie and tea in the league then.

R

RB1992

I don't know if Domestic Cup/European games are included in Arsenals cheapest ST price of £1014, but if they aren't; they're paying over £53 per home game, £23 more than away fans are paying per game at their place. Madness.

fernandopartridge

The flat £22 fee for away fans at the Ricoh should be reflected for home fans. The food and drink costs at the Ricoh are scandalous, the pies are shite as well. That said, the Purity beer is good value for a football ground.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Won the prize of most expensive pie and tea in the league then.

and for the joint most expensive shirt adult & kids

in terms of overall costs to fans then we are above average for L1 (ie more expensive). I would suggest that in terms of match ticket income (the main single source of income) and based on crowd average attendances that puts us ahead of most clubs. Other commercial income is not dependent necessarily on owning the stadium, and in 2015 accounts totalled 2.97m. So our total turnover, even without stadium ownership, should be much better than average in L1

- but its not necessarily the income total at this level that's important but how it is spent that matters isn't it?

Nick

Administrator
and for the most expensive shirt adult & kids

in terms of overall costs to fans then we are above average for L1 (ie more expensive). I would suggest that in terms of match ticket income (the main single source of income) and based on crowd average attendances that puts us ahead of most clubs. Other commercial income is not dependent necessarily on owning the stadium, and in 2015 accounts totalled 2.97m. So our total turnover, even without stadium ownership, should be much better than average

- but its not necessarily the income total at this level that's important but how it is spent that matters isn't it.

Aren't the shirts cheaper than Millwall for kids, the same as Charlton, Northampton and Southend for both?

CCFC88

I don't know if Domestic Cup/European games are included in Arsenals cheapest ST price of £1014, but if they aren't; they're paying over £53 per home game, £23 more than away fans are paying per game at their place. Madness.
*Arsenal's season ticket includes all 19 home Premier League matches and the first seven home cup matches in European competitions and the FA Cup. The club also offers a £4 discount to fans on all away match tickets.

R

RB1992

Still £39 a game at the very least then. £9 more than away fans at the same ground.

chiefdave

In terms of shirts given the range of prices is £39.95 - 45 I don't think we need get too upset about being at the top, along with several other clubs.

Not mentioned on that list but I believe we also have the most expensive parking in L1.

Sure Simon Gilbert is already on the phone to Wasps for a comment on the price of tea, pies and parking being the highest.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I couldn't really give a toss if the prices are competitive with other clubs. It's too fucking expensive all round.

Home game tickets at the Ricoh should be £20 and nothing more.

Nick

Administrator
I couldn't really give a toss if the prices are competitive with other clubs. It's too fucking expensive all round.

Home game tickets at the Ricoh should be £20 and nothing more.

That's football though isn't it nowadays? You pay not far off that for a seated ticket at National League.

Liquid Gold

£20 should be a maximum ticket price for all leagues. I was going to say outside the prem but they make so much money out of broadcasting they shouldn't be shafting fans.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's football though isn't it nowadays? You pay not far off that for a seated ticket at National League.

It is indeed, but it doesn't make it alright.

I would have genuinely gone to more games this season had it been a few quid cheaper. I know CCFC doesn't revolve around me, but you get my point. The whole thing needs bringing back down. Maybe if they can get this safe standing idea implemented it could be a feasible way of making matches more affordable.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I understand the ticket prices being looked into and rightly scrutinised.

But the food & drink costs (and I don't want to open up a can of worms.....£5.50 at the Emirates)

But don't buy them if they're too expensive, it's not mandatory!

One for my room 101

CCFC88

I read that with the increase in TV money over the summer, all Prem clubs could let in every fan to every game for free and they would still have more income than they had last season

Nick

Administrator
It is indeed, but it doesn't make it alright.

I would have genuinely gone to more games this season had it been a few quid cheaper. I know CCFC doesn't revolve around me, but you get my point. The whole thing needs bringing back down. Maybe if they can get this safe standing idea implemented it could be a feasible way of making matches more affordable.

But if that's the case then get a match package :) Or a Season Ticket. Works out much cheaper then.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
reaction from EFL

English Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey:
"It's clear to see from the recent research that EFL clubs are working very hard to ensure home and away ticket pricing continues to be as competitive and affordable as possible.
"In addition to the BBC's findings, we know from our own analysis that EFL clubs have reached a significant landmark this season, in attracting over 500,000 season-ticket holders across the three divisions for the first time.
"Quite rightly, clubs make the final decisions on pricing models and we will continue to work with them to ensure the positive trends highlighted are maintained and that football attendances across the three divisions of the EFL continue to thrive."

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of that growth for each division, even each team. Some of the big teams in the Championship now will because of their size (eg Newcastle) skew that "positive" I think

wingy

reaction from EFL

English Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey:
"It's clear to see from the recent research that EFL clubs are working very hard to ensure home and away ticket pricing continues to be as competitive and affordable as possible.
"In addition to the BBC's findings, we know from our own analysis that EFL clubs have reached a significant landmark this season, in attracting over 500,000 season-ticket holders across the three divisions for the first time.
"Quite rightly, clubs make the final decisions on pricing models and we will continue to work with them to ensure the positive trends highlighted are maintained and that football attendances across the three divisions of the EFL continue to thrive."

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of that growth for each division, even each team. Some of the big teams in the Championship now will because of their size (eg Newcastle) skew that "positive" I think
It's a bit of a misdirection as well that final analysis of ST take up if the difficulties and surcharges of POTG are the same for other clubs as has been the case here.

Ashdown

The flat £22 fee for away fans at the Ricoh should be reflected for home fans. The food and drink costs at the Ricoh are scandalous, the pies are shite as well. That said, the Purity beer is good value for a football ground.
£15 in at Cov rugby tomorrow and 'Purity' is standard fare for a saga lager !!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I go to watch Newport on the Isle of Wight. It costs me £3 to get in (senior), £1 for ANY drink (tea, coffee etc), and no extra charge to sit in the stand. Some great footie as well! Sorted!

Paxman II

I think premier league clubs earn so much from TV revenue and other interest that the gate money is only a small part these days. This being the case and footballers in the premiership earning as much as 330k per week!... then why oh why are we charging the 'fans' so much to attend? The disparity is pretty disrespectful.
Our Jimmy ended the wage cap but probably never envisioned what players could earn today. I believe in a free market but there must be exceptions in such public arenas. A footballer after all is part of a team and not an individual in the same sense as say Andy Murray. There needs to be a cap and that TV money making the richer clubs richer should be distributed throughout the leagues with more consideration. So many league clubs struggle financially and yet they are an integral part of the system. The premier league would be boring if the same 20 clubs forever occupied it? Man City, Southampton and others are clubs who have been at the wrong end of the leagues. The money must be spread a little more fairly within the game and a little less to the top players on astronomical salaries while the fan is expected to keep paying crazy gate prices?

Ashdown

Well what a marvellous afternoon/evening in Cov that was and some people keep knocking the City. We always enjoy a day out in the 'big city' { Wellmit is for us country bumpkins } !! Few beers and a batch at the Hearsall, fantastic game of rugby with an impressive win for Cov. Few jars of 'Purity' listening to the after match band in the clubhouse { shame about the drunken bloke who did a pirouette and clattered into a whole table and ended up on his back................should take more water with it pal !! }. Then we had a fine meal with lovely service at one of our favourite restaurants 'Aqua' and the last train home from Cov !

clint van damme

Well what a marvellous afternoon/evening in Cov that was and some people keep knocking the City. We always enjoy a day out in the 'big city' { Wellmit is for us country bumpkins } !! Few beers and a batch at the Hearsall, fantastic game of rugby with an impressive win for Cov. Few jars of 'Purity' listening to the after match band in the clubhouse { shame about the drunken bloke who did a pirouette and clattered into a whole table and ended up on his back................should take more water with it pal !! }. Then we had a fine meal with lovely service at one of our favourite restaurants 'Aqua' and the last train home from Cov !
I really should try and get to a CRFC game. Never been and only live round the corner so no excuses really.

Users who are viewing this thread