Could this guy be the answer to our goalscoring problems? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Haha Otis - saw this yesterday and so nearly started an identical thread. Irony was, he had just split the defence with a quick turn, showed strength to outmuscle the defender, bravely challenge the keeper to win the ball ....and then went for the big finish (instead of rolling it in). Would have been a great goal !

oucho

I am pretty sure ROD did a similar miss once during the relegation season. Thing was, he didn't do all the skillful stuff beforehand such as beat his man on thr shoulder etc.

Esoterica

If you read the text, they were 2-0 up at the time too and lost 3-2! Would get the matchfixing investigators on to that!

JimmyHillsbeard

I am pretty sure ROD did a similar miss once during the relegation season. Thing was, he didn't do all the skillful stuff beforehand such as beat his man on thr shoulder etc.

Away to Barnsley. We were celebrating the goal for about 15 seconds before it dawned on us that he had missed.

rupert_bear

Terry Bly!! Whose memory can go back over 50 years when Bly stood on the goal line with an empty net to aim at managed to put a cross over the bar can't remember who against but I know we didn't win and despite scoring 28 goals that season it was Bly's miss that was forever talked about. Not long after JH bought the great George Hudson so it looks like he didn't forget it either.

RegTheDonk

Ndlov missed a sitter at HR can't remember against who though, Blackburn springs to mind? Put if over the bar from inside the 6 yard box.

Hobo

I have seen worse...I have seen them scooped over in the 6 yard box.

Users who are viewing this thread