Could those attending Wasps games... (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

... please reconsider your decision. A boycott of Wasps games would be a good way of registering your displeasure of their plans for the Higgs centre and the dangerous knock on effects this will have for the academy.

This is a battle we will need to fight on every available front and we can make this a front. I appreciate its a while until the Rugby season starts again and the application could be well down the road it needs to travel by then but I would imagine that if they're season tickets aren't on sale already they will be soon.

Ultimately it's your decision. All I ask is that you consider CCFC and specifically our academy in that decision.

chiefdave

100% agree with this. And as its out of season anyone who is doing this should write to Wasps and let them know.

clint van damme

whats wasps average crowd, 20,000? Ours is around 12,000.

We only need to kill 1.7 of their supporters each-problem solved! (only joking, it's the council we need to kill!)

Johnnythespider

I get this but think we should go the other way and fill it with dissenting voices, they don't like uncouth football fans at the rugby so we should give them both barrels. Doesn't have to be every game but when they are on the box would be good

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

Thats a good Idea. They're always giving loads of tickets out at schools so it could be done for free as long as nobody buys anything in the ground. We should all pick a game, get as many as we can all in sky blue and make sure that they hear us.

chiefdave

Would you get away with a ring of Cov fans outside the ground in a peaceful protest to stop people going in?
Depending on timescales could we knock something fairly brief up that shows the impact Wasps plans will have on those from the city. Hand them out at their games. Wouldn't be surprised if a good chunk of their fanbase is oblivious to all this.

tisza

has there ever been a proper number given for ccfc fans attending wasps games?
just don't see the crossover.
i'd rather go and watch a non-league game at Stratford or Warwick or do something else than watch the rugby.

SkyBlueZack

Police would be in attendance if they knew which would help control it. Just thinking of the potential media frenzy it could cause.

SkyBlueZack

Maybe Leicester and Saints fans could boycott the Ricoh as I'm aware a lot of them attend, thus boosting the attendance.

Rodders1

has there ever been a proper number given for ccfc fans attending wasps games?
just don't see the crossover.
i'd rather go and watch a non-league game at Stratford or Warwick or do something else than watch the rugby.
Or Rugby (Town Football Club)!!

TheRoyalScam

Why does reading this thread makes me think of the words 'straws' and 'clutching at'...? For once can't anybody posting take off their sky blue tinted glasses and see what's going on? Am I the only one to who can see Sisu resorting to blatant PR pleading (with their lapdog Reid), when it's clear that their underhand 'management' of my once proud football club has reached a point of no return? 'Like trying to nail jelly to a wall' - such an apt description of our owners. An abject lesson in how not to run a business. Anderson just the latest in a string of puppets appealing to what's left of the fanbase. It makes my blood boil to read Anderson's words about the great Jimmy Hill - like the rest of the Sisu 'management' you're not fit to lace his bootlaces. Until Sisu leave there's no future for CCFC - fact.

Grendel

Why does reading this thread makes me think of the words 'straws' and 'clutching at'...? For once can't anybody posting take off their sky blue tinted glasses and see what's going on? Am I the only one to who can see Sisu resorting to blatant PR pleading (with their lapdog Reid), when it's clear that their underhand 'management' of my once proud football club has reached a point of no return? 'Like trying to nail jelly to a wall' - such an apt description of our owners. An abject lesson in how not to run a business. Anderson just the latest in a string of puppets appealing to what's left of the fanbase. It makes my blood boil to read Anderson's words about the great Jimmy Hill - like the rest of the Sisu 'management' you're not fit to lace his bootlaces. Until Sisu leave there's no future for CCFC - fact.

Yeah you are on your own so fuck off back under the rock you crawled out from and leave this to fans of the football club.

theferret

Unbelievable. Blatant PR? The Wasps PR machine has been in full throttle all day and you happily gloss over that. Like offering use of the facility at 'excellent' rates, knowing full well that rules surrounding academy status make that a completely empty gesture. Some people will swallow it though, clearly.

You talk about the great Jimmy Hill - while at the same time positively wishing the club he loved out of existence. The club do have a bleak future with SISU in charge - but their route out of the club is being blocked at every turn and becomes less and less likely every time they are pushed aside by that loathsome bunch of egg-chasers who franchised their club and uprooted it in the pursuit of money.

Don't worry, carry on like this and you'll have your wish and one day, as an old man, you can recite stories how how you stood idly by while your football club died.

wasps will never be a true part of this city or in my opinion the world in general. no one really cares about rugby, its like boxing or cricket. they have a shit concept of a sport, try to make it interesting but dilute it by complicating it.

there's two types of rugby apparently, fuck knows which one is which, the only difference i can make out is one has more players and stupid names, or less and less

cricket takes on many forms, none of which are interesting. I heard on talksport we almost won the final of one of them but we lost due to some thing or other and the other one we lost casue some bloke did 4 6 things in something

its all shit

fernandopartridge

Another one who never posts about football.

TheRoyalScam

Well I haven't really felt the urge to post on here for a while but it seems I've at least provoked a response. Shame no-one actually made a coherent logical answer to my post, but not surprised to be honest considering the situation and the general consensus of this forum. Let's just criticise Wasps instead (they're 'egg-chasers' after all with a 'shit concept of sport'). Grendull has been on 'ignore' for longer than I can remember - I'm sure his post was similarly eloquent. I reiterate the gist of my argument - you cannot do business with a ruthless Cayman Islands-based hedge-fund that 'batters people in court' (they wish) and whose sole ambition is to make money by whatever means. If someone has been or is pursuing you through the courts, how on earth can you deal with them in business??. Amazing considering what's happened during Sisu's tenure that there are still fans who would rather criticize the likes of Higgs/CCC/Wasps. I'd love to post about football fernandopartridge but Maddison was sold (surprise!) and Armstrong's back in Newcastle. What can we look forward to apart from Division 3 with some loanees, journeymen and youth teamers next season? If you're happy with that then fair play to you, but it's not for me. Until Sisu are gone there is no future for a club I've supported since the 60s.

Nick

Administrator
Well I haven't really felt the urge to post on here for a while but it seems I've at least provoked a response. Shame no-one actually made a coherent logical answer to my post, but not surprised to be honest considering the situation and the general consensus of this forum. Let's just criticise Wasps instead (they're 'egg-chasers' after all with a 'shit concept of sport'). Grendull has been on 'ignore' for longer than I can remember - I'm sure his post was similarly eloquent. I reiterate the gist of my argument - you cannot do business with a ruthless Cayman Islands-based hedge-fund that 'batters people in court' (they wish) and whose sole ambition is to make money by whatever means. If someone has been or is pursuing you through the courts, how on earth can you deal with them in business??. Amazing considering what's happened during Sisu's tenure that there are still fans who would rather criticize the likes of Higgs/CCC/Wasps. I'd love to post about football fernandopartridge but Maddison was sold (surprise!) and Armstrong's back in Newcastle. What can we look forward to apart from Division 3 with some loanees, journeymen and youth teamers next season? If you're happy with that then fair play to you, but it's not for me. Until Sisu are gone there is no future for a club I've supported since the 60s.
What's that got to do with the thread?

Strange

clint van damme

we all know what SISU are and what they've done to our club.

The problem is the club you've supported since the 60s is about to die as the council carries out it's vendetta against SISU, if you're happy with that then shame on you.

mrtrench

I don't understand the fascination with Wasps at all; why transfer the unhappiness about what CCFC did to itself onto people who like rugger?

steveo1987

Well said.a lot of truth there.I find it hard to believe that "the club" is not aware of what's going on.

Sick Boy

... please reconsider your decision. A boycott of Wasps games would be a good way of registering your displeasure of their plans for the Higgs centre and the dangerous knock on effects this will have for the academy.

This is a battle we will need to fight on every available front and we can make this a front. I appreciate its a while until the Rugby season starts again and the application could be well down the road it needs to travel by then but I would imagine that if they're season tickets aren't on sale already they will be soon.

Ultimately it's your decision. All I ask is that you consider CCFC and specifically our academy in that decision.

Fair play, Tony!!!

jimmyhillsfanclub

To be fair.....this should have been the default position for any right-minded sports fan from the day the cunts arrived.......fuck the franchise and all those who continue to support them.

TheRoyalScam

What's that got to do with the thread?

Strange

I thought it was obvious rather than strange: 'Let's just criticise Wasps instead (they're 'egg-chasers' after all with a 'shit concept of sport').' Just answering the replies to my first post - the one where I considered this whole thread in terms of 'straws' and 'clutching'........

Captain Dart

never been to a Rugby game, I do not find Rugby the least bit entertaining.

Users who are viewing this thread