Could we find we are actually picking up new support? (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
Just picked up on something said earlier, does anyone think we may even find a new generation of support amongst Northants youngsters? I mean for a small child the chance of seeing a "big club" (bigish if by name alone) every other sunday must have some affect. just wondered on people's thoughts. If we ever move back home then they may even continue to follow us.

This is not my twist on why we have been kidnapped, just a football fan related thought.

Delboycov

I actually think we will...or should I say 'they' will...after all it will be their club for at least 5 years and I would think a lot longer. That's if we ever return at all. If I was a Northampton kid I think a new higher division team, with a cracking history, representing their town would be a fairly big draw....

NTFC

You aren't representing our town. You could easily be in the Conference in 3 years time. Wake up!

bigfatronssba

Cheats usually prosper, MK Dons aren't doing all that bad.

Delboycov

You aren't representing our town. You could easily be in the Conference in 3 years time. Wake up!

Well we sure as hell aren't representing ours anymore!! If we are still around in 3-5 years time I would be surprised if we are at the dizzy heights of the conference! Maybe it's you that needs to wake up and realise you will be shafted by SISU! Not you personally I should add ;)

torchomatic

Every cloud, eh? :confused:

ericagradus

My other half, a QPR fan, has said he will join me for games as it is on our doorstep, as will a few friends from football.
How long it will last when they see the standard of our football...

chiefdave

Footballs a funny old game, you never know what might happen. Highly unlikely but this time next season we could be in the championship and you could be non league. Aggressive local marketing campaign from SISU and free tickets for schools there would def be people turned to CCFC. Fisher has already spoken about picking up new fans so it's obviously part of the plan.

lifelongcityfan

might actually ending up splitting ntfc's fringe supporters, if they have to pick a match, then arguably some of our fixtures are more interesting.. until we get relegated!

chiefdave

Or are they suggesting some of us would switch to being Leicester fans if they had to share the Ricoh with us?

no one is suggesting core NTFC fans will suddenly switch but that doesn't mean casual punters or people who have never been to an NTFC game aren't up for grabs. WIll be interesting to see if marketing is done locally in Northampton.

Brighton Sky Blue

no one is suggesting core NTFC fans will suddenly switch but that doesn't mean casual punters or people who have never been to an NTFC game aren't up for grabs. WIll be interesting to see if marketing is done locally in Northampton.

Would simply strengthen rumours that the move isn't temporary. Best keep it subtle so the League has time to prepare more spineless excuses for allowing it should it happen.

lordsummerisle

If we can get genius, madman, wizard, comic book legend and proud Northampton resident Alan Moore on board as a Coventry fan then i would have to throw my whole hearted support behind the move.

Brighton Sky Blue

Does look that way!

Or are they suggesting some of us would switch to being Leicester fans if they had to share the Ricoh with us?

Northampton Sky Blues or Coventry Cobblers? I suppose the latter has a nicer ring to it but the former is more geographically accurate.

Sisued

I can see the appeal of going to watch kids your own age getting beaten every week while a small group of funny taking men sit and consume 1000 pies doing their ' bit for the club'. After a few seasons some of these new fans could even be going to the same school as their weekend heroes

letsallsingtogether

Well the football expert on CWR seemed to think that within 3 years we would be selling out every week and the majority would be from Northants?

If that becomes true that would be the death of both Clubs as we know them.

skybluericoh

I think the long term plan could be a merger. Can't see them coming back to Cov once they have gone. But TF could prove me wrong again. The thing is football is not like any other business, fans take years, even generations to form. I will travel to Away games to show my support for my club, but I think that may fall off as we struggle due to FFP. If they start to become a Northampton club, getting into their schools etc then that would probably be it for me. Once I stop watching the city, I'll stop watching football, end of.

georgehudson

& stil TF will trot out the sisu mantra, that is, until he is deemed to be of no further use to their plans,
Brody, Igwe, Dulieu,
& whatever happened to Clouting, Clarke, etc.,
& yes they may lurk in the depths of this outfit

Users who are viewing this thread