Coundon bike lanes (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
What a waste of time and money. If anything they will be making traffic even worse than it is now.

TomRad85

What a waste of time and money. If anything they will be making traffic even worse than it is now.
I invite you to spend a day in the capital. You'll be pulling your hair out.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

I may be wrong here mate but I don’t think the point of bike lanes is to reduce traffic.

fernandopartridge

Isn't it to get cars off the road and get on bikes?
Not exclusively. The main idea to give cyclists a safe space which then may lead to people deciding to ditch their unnecessary car and get on the bike.
I'm a driver but absolutely believe that all arterial routes should have proper segregated cycle lanes, and if that means losing a lane in a dual carriageway then good.

SkyBlueCharlie9

Highways officers bow to local politicians and obsess about traffic flows usually at the expense of cyclists and pedestrians. About time we had a shift to balance things out. Not everyone owns or indeed want to own a car! Reclaim the streets!

Marty

Not exclusively. The main idea to give cyclists a safe space which then may lead to people deciding to ditch their unnecessary car and get on the bike.
I'm a driver but absolutely believe that all arterial routes should have proper segregated cycle lanes, and if that means losing a lane in a dual carriageway then good.

It's not a dual carriageway.

For what it's worth, I'm a cyclist and driver, and definitely think they need to do something similar on all major roads, was a good idea that some useless cretin at the council has got their teeth into and completely fucked it up, it looks horrendous.

I'm convinced Bablake have had a say in this, convent how it goes from the school to the playing fields but coundon court and hollyfast aren't included.

Users who are viewing this thread