Couple of facts to keep in mind... (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

MK9 is staying and he earns upwards of 10k a week.

SISU would look mugs if they pull the plug and can easily keep our loses going in the medium term.
Those loses are a mere £2 million a year not £30m peoples!

So if any rumour of admin were true then that would be a strange to say the least decision.

The likely hood is that the board have been jockeying for positions and there may be an announcement that investment is imminent so long as the current chairman leaves his post?

RR has failed from the position he started from. His hands have not been safe hands and SISU had already taken some responsibilities away from him.

...of course in football though nothing is surprising especially recent history of CCFC.

SkyBlueScottie

SISU would look mugs if they pull the plug and can easily keep our loses going in the medium term.

So if any rumour of admin were true then that would be a strange to say the least decision.

The likely hood is that the board have been jockeying for positions and there may be an announcement that investment is imminent so long as the current chairman leaves his post?

RR has failed from the position he started from. His hands have not been safe hands and SISU had already taken some responsibilities away from him.

...of course in football though nothing is surprising especially recent history of CCFC.

Do you know, I was just about to post the very same thing about new investment, however that may be more in hope....

As for King, who knows I do know that I heard Ranson, as did many others say they offered players new deals which would have doubled and trebled their current salary, however they would / will not sign.

Disorganised1

Facts ! Facts ? We don't want facts, we want speculation, wild dreams, fancy rhetoric. We want bile and anger, we want rants and soliloquies, we want polemics. We want to hear our worst fears spoken aloud and to have our wildest dreams fuelled.

We don't need facts.

Paxman II

Facts ! Facts ? We don't want facts, we want speculation, wild dreams, fancy rhetoric. We want bile and anger, we want rants and soliloquies, we want polemics. We want to hear our worst fears spoken aloud and to have our wildest dreams fuelled.

We don't need facts.

.....ha ha that's lovely. This board can only get better :wave:

ccfcjdee

the question is, why did they take over when they had no ambition what so ever?

hackneyfox

10k for a player just out of prison, who had yet to prove himself again?
No premier side was going to touch him at that point, I can't see why you'd pay him 10x the alleged weekly salary of others.

Everyone knows that Yakubu is on 50k a week, apart from one dissenter who keeps telling is it is nothing like that.
He's only related to a first team player, what the fuck does he know?

stupot07

Bloody hell....are you sure you get paid that much at the nuneaton borough? I don't think they've paid that much since were in the Conference in 1999.

Just found this info on wages: -

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28042010/58/premier-league-player-salaries-doubled-four-years.html

In summary average wage in 2010: -
Premiership - £1.5 million a year or £28,846 per week
Championship - £250,000 a year or £4,808 per week
League One - £80,000 a year or £1,540
League Two - £65,000 a year or £1,250.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Logically, investment would seem to be the more likely reason for the recent rumblings.

It's just we, as sky blue fans, have been trained to think the worst. The idea that good times could be ahead is to radical to think, or at least say so in public.

My god I'm talking myself into this notion now.

rob9872

Bloody hell....are you sure you get paid that much at the nuneaton borough? I don't think they've paid that much since were in the Conference in 1999.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28042010/58/premier-league-player-salaries-doubled-four-years.html

Premiership - £1.5 million a year or £23,846 per week

I was thinking Championship can't be that high average but must include relegated teams as will be hugely distorting to figures. Players like Utakah this season who they couldn't off-load because he is on £80k per week and Bullard reportedly on £60k p/w. MAkes a mockery of the balances when you get some like that I think. I rekon our average would be more like £2,500 even allowing for the MK, FE, MD's that we have

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Premiership - £1.5 million a year or £23,846 per week

Im not sure I believe these stats. How can you get an average of £4k p/w for championship players when teams like Cardiff and Leicester loan player on £80k - £100k p/w? I realise they arent paying all the wages but they must be paying a fair bit??

cov_russell

Facebook User
Maybe SISU have realised that the club are doing crap whichever manager they have or whatever style of football they try to play. They have then came to the conclusion that the chairman is the problem. They have now replaced him and so are willing to hire a new manager with a proven track record. They will also feel more comfortable about pumping more money into the club for new transfers this summer.

One can dream.

stupot07

Im not sure I believe these stats. How can you get an average of £4k p/w for championship players when teams like Cardiff and Leicester loan player on £80k - £100k p/w? I realise they arent paying all the wages but they must be paying a fair bit??

Dunno - but i suppose in the case of Bellemy, Cardiff are only paying £20k p/w and Man City are paying the rest. I suppose with the exception of 2 or 3 teams who pay silly money the majority of the remaining 21 will have exceptionally low wage bills.

Knowledge

I know a Crawley Town player very well and as a fact including bonuses he earns in excess of £100k per year. Ridiculous.

mattylad

I know one of our players just out the Academy got £500 a week as an 18 year old. these would bring the averages down

Voice_of_Reason

Sensible posting, Paxman. You are probably right - SISU and RR have had a "fall-out" and the new board/chairman will have the backing of SISU in the short term whilst this mess is sorted and finances put back on a more even keel, possibly including new investment.

TommyAtkins

I doubt very much if new investment is imminent. What we are seeing is the positioning of the club prior to SISU terminating their involvement in an exercise which is costing them £4 million a year.

LarryGrayson

yeh its what investment funds do dunno why its a shock here lol

hackneyfox

Who have we got that is on 80k per week?

Laughable rumours

hackneyfox

Morning jon

sw88 claims it a player.
Sven is apparently on 1m per year, but who actually knows what any player or manager is on.

sb7jon

Junior Sky Blue
Morning jon

sw88 claims it a player.
Sven is apparently on 1m per year, but who actually knows what any player or manager is on.

Indeed. Regardless of what Yaks on it makes no odds, the fact is we could'nt pay 8k for someone average let alone someone who'll score goals, its more about our board having no money or ambition than what you pay people!

Users who are viewing this thread