couple of posts from the past (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

been reading the complete history of coventry city my neville foulger..and noticed a couple of really relevant quotes from our history..

" the money needed to put things right is just not there,or has never been made available,at no time have i been been able to do the things i knew were necessary-to buy ready made players to fill vital positions that needed strengthening,whenever i have bought i have always had to sell first in order to balance the budget."
" the strength of any club is in its financial backing,football is a business first and a sport second these day"......this was harry storer.....in 1953:eek:.

There has to be a tight and strict budget control.The club can not live beyond its means.if players are bought others need to be sold to pay for them,more reliance has to be placed on the development of home grown players through the youth team.and the professional playing staff has to be reduced...and this tight hold on purse strings may result in relegation......this was jimmy hill 1975 as managing director..

all through our history we have been litered with money troubles and how relevant both statements are to our position today..lets hope we pull through as we have done in the past..

Last edited:

Wallace

Interesting. But I think with the part 'gowing homw-grown player that actually means to keep them and build on their potential. NOT sell them at the earliest opportunity.

wingy

Interesting. But I think with the part 'gowing homw-grown player that actually means to keep them and build on their potential. NOT sell them at the earliest opportunity.

Like the young lads in the eighties ,who if held together surely would have been a force to be reckoned with.d thomas blair whitton thompson Dyson Butterworth Mortimeretc

Users who are viewing this thread