Court hearing (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
So apart from wasting another year in time and court costs, the reason for it is ?

I fully get why you get frustrated that some think all CCFC money goes to sisu. What I don't get is why you aren't as frustrated (if not more) at why our owners continue to persue court balttles that you think people can predict the outcome of, and not focus their time and energy on turning around our club

I know they don't give a shit about CCFC, I have never claimed they have or that they are good owners. I have written long threads about what they should do and should be doing to try and turn things around which can still be done when trying to run self sufficiently. It's also why I am a bit more realistic when people play on the emotion stuff for takeovers, all they will want is money and won't care about legacy etc etc.

I also know they bullshit, the last statement from "Joy" I pointed out every bit of bullshit on that too (which some still tried to argue).

I have no idea for the reason, I'm sure SISU will be more clued up as to their chances of winning or what they actually set to achieve. I certainly can't see the millions in compensation thing ever happening at all.

However, the amount of misleading / made up myths etc that get made up just dilute actual things that are wrong and confuse things and will only bother the fans. I doubt SISU will be fussed about things being made up, if anything it will keep the attention away from the actual things being done. The only outcome is a lot of anger and confusion for the fans.

Happy_Martian

Without reading every single page (I'm on holiday and CBA'd :) ), is this just JR2 reappearing and that we already knew was going to happen or is this a new request for a JR ? (JR3) ?

Nick

Administrator
Without reading every single page (I'm on holiday and CBA'd :) ), is this just JR2 reappearing and that we already knew was going to happen or is this a new request for a JR ? (JR3) ?

This is just the request to see if JR2 is going to get started.

Astute

As I understand it application for Judicial Review has to be brought in a timely prompt manner, common timescale is 3 months after a decision made. I think, though not certain, that you usually have to challenge on what you knew at the time of challenge not add to or amend to something else

Not sure as yet there are any decisions open to challenge concerning CCFC in the last three months that could lead to JR3

guess we wait see what the judge says on 14th July.

Just a thought but what are the time limits on JR2? the original application was brought December 2014 then the hearing stayed whilst JR1 was heard, but when did JR2 then get activated? End of November 2016 lost JR1 in Supreme Court activated JR2 again Feb/March 2017 ? should it kick in as soon as JR1 over? or do you get 3 months from end of JR1. It means the decision is being challenged over 2 years after it was taken.

up to the judge...... good luck to him
My head hurts.

Colin Steins Smile

The fact that CCFC is cited in the JR2 is of concern, as clearly the legal costs for this case will partly be apportioned to the club. If this is correct.....and please contradict me if I've got this wrong......then funds raised from Season tickets and match day revenues will be directed towards legal costs.

fernandopartridge

The fact that CCFC is cited in the JR2 is of concern, as clearly the legal costs for this case will partly be apportioned to the club. If this is correct.....and please contradict me if I've got this wrong......then funds raised from Season tickets and match day revenues will be directed towards legal costs.

Not necessarily. CCFC is named more as a means of a claimant demonstrating loss I believe. There is no evidence that legal costs are being met by the club.

It's not clear who paid the legal costs for JR1, some mention was made on here of 3rd party litigation funding.....

skybluetony176

It's not clear who paid the legal costs for JR1, some mention was made on here of 3rd party litigation funding.....

What about the councils legal costs? Because it wasn't the council, they won.

What happens if it goes to JR2, it's another council whitewash and the loosing side has to pick up the councils legal bill again? Over £1M last time wasn't it?

letsallsingtogether

What about the councils legal costs? Because it wasn't the council, they won.

What happens if it goes to JR2, it's another council whitewash and the loosing side has to pick up the councils legal bill again? Over £1M last time wasn't it?
Doubt it will be as much this time depends how high they want to go if it is turned down.
If they win they could get their money back plus some....

Ian1779

It was something that was mentioned... also as a possible 'reason' why SISU didn't drop the first one once it was clear that a result in their favour wasn't going to happen.

letsallsingtogether

It was something that was mentioned... also as a possible 'reason' why SISU didn't drop the first one once it was clear that a result in their favour wasn't going to happen.
But it was never in thier favour, only got the go ahead to push for something they were never going to win .

Astute

But it was never in thier favour, only got the go ahead to push for something they were never going to win .
But I say let JR2 happen. Let any doubt disappear. See if there is any new information to come out. Just like in JR1 when we were told it would but nothing of importance did.

CCC will have checked everything along the way. Their legal team will know what they can and can't do. If SISU would have offered more than Wasps personally I would say that there was a case to answer. It doesn't matter how much they raised on the arena. It was how much an unused stadium was worth. And we all know why it was unused. And all leaseholders have the legal right to extend a lease.

We may not like what has happened. But there are a lot of laws I don't like.

The one thing I do want is an end to the legal matters. Bring up everything that SISU can say was wrong in JR2. I don't want to see JR3, JR4, JR5........

Alan Dugdales Moustache

If, and this is speculation of course, there is any element whatsoever that any funds are diverted to SISU via contributions from the supporters then those vowing never to go again until SISU have gone have a valid point. But I guess we'll never know.

sky blue john

Difficult to understand how Sisu aim to claim compensation regarding council sale to Wasps. Keeping in mind Sisu had already dragged us to Northampton and their "we are building a new stadium" stance.
Why did Sisu hot foot it back to the Ricoh when the potential sale became common knowledge?
What was the point when invited to put a bid in Joy declined.

SkyBlue79

I think a post that OSB58 made about having a limited time period to lodge a JR may mean that JR2 should be the end of these matters - I might be being optomistic. Unless JR3+ has already been logged behind the scenes.

This could potentially get messy, in any sale, or purchase, cost only plays a part in the decision to who is awarded with sale or purchase option. Other factors such as payment profiles, ongoing trigger payments and contracted service deliverables will also be considered; this, I guess, would include Wasps requirement to allow City to play at the Ricoh and possibly the transfer of debt. If the council have followed the central state governance with the sale, then this could involve central government and who is ultimately responsible for any damages would be messy.

I assume the fundamental issue is that CCC rejected the offer SISU made and awarded the sale of ACL to Wasps? Then subsequently Wasps took on the debt and we're (via ACL) given a lease extension? Is the JR looking to investigate the rejection of SISUs offer or the subsequent arrangements that took place once the purchase was completed?

SkyBlue79

Difficult to understand how Sisu aim to claim compensation regarding council sale to Wasps. Keeping in mind Sisu had already dragged us to Northampton and their "we are building a new stadium" stance.
Why did Sisu hot foot it back to the Ricoh when the potential sale became common knowledge?
What was the point when invited to put a bid in Joy declined.
You're looking at the whole picture, SISU are looking at very discrete elements of the transaction where they believe it may be possible to find gaps in the process used to complete the sale.

olderskyblue

ccfcway

"The last judicial review process started in January 2013 and only ended in December 2016."

:facepalm:

Astute

Not sure why they're building it up so much. This will just a be a quick yes it can go ahead.
Not necessarily. JR1 got turned down.

We don't know exactly what it is about. But if on the lines of Wasps got it too cheap and extended the lease for a fraction of its value then Fisher will have damaged their case.

So judge looks at last court case. Joy states that she valued it as nothing. Then you have Fisher stating that they wouldn't have done the same deal.

Doesn't anyone find it strange that Fisher has gone underground and has been replaced on the quiet?

Nick

Administrator
Not necessarily. JR1 got turned down.

We don't know exactly what it is about. But if on the lines of Wasps got it too cheap and extended the lease for a fraction of its value then Fisher will have damaged their case.

So judge looks at last court case. Joy states that she valued it as nothing. Then you have Fisher stating that they wouldn't have done the same deal.

Doesn't anyone find it strange that Fisher has gone underground and has been replaced on the quiet?

He hasn't been replaced?

Astute

He hasn't been replaced?
Has anyone seen or heard from Fisher? Not like him to not wind us up for so long. And they have brought in someone who could run our club. Coincidental?

Nick

Administrator
Has anyone seen or heard from Fisher? Not like him to not wind us up for so long. And they have brought in someone who could run our club. Coincidental?

Not really, as there has been Chris Anderson and Waggot while Fisher has been "chairman"

Hobo

If, and this is speculation of course, there is any element whatsoever that any funds are diverted to SISU via contributions from the supporters then those vowing never to go again until SISU have gone have a valid point. But I guess we'll never know.

There are some key elements in this. How a club or business has allowed itself to drift so much from its fans or customer base? How has that happened?

There is a complacency about how they conduct business compounded by the two figure heads, Fisher's smugness and Joy's patronising.

So, so many missed opportunities to engage with the fans.

letsallsingtogether

Not really, as there has been Chris Anderson and Waggot while Fisher has been "chairman"
Probebly out watching his beloved Sheffield Wednesday.
I bet he wouldn't have done all the is shit there.
I bet he wouldn't have even got away with half of it there.

Astute

And how many times has Fisher ever gone quiet when things are going on?

Like I said it seems he has either been moved or silenced.

Nick

Administrator

He always drifts in and out, I don't doubt he will be back sticking his oar in.

better days

Or maybe there are talks going on with the consortium where both sides have signed an agreement for no comments to the media?

The Great Eastern

Has it occurred to anybody that TF might be on holiday ? Even the Devil incarnate has to get away for some r & r once in a while....

Nick

Administrator
Has it occurred to anybody that TF might be on holiday ? Even the Devil incarnate has to get away for some r & r once in a while....

EXCLUSIVE SCOOP: Fisher spotted in Tropical Bar off his nut.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread