Cov City Badges (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Popped into the market this afternoon to go to the record stall there.
They sell badges and have bought SISU out and City Till I Die badges before. I asked if they had any or any new ones ? They didn't and said they stopped doing them even though they selled well. For some reason they stopped making them,I remarked bet SISU are behind it ?
The owner is a City fan so you never know ? By the way they've got a great collection of music,anyone who hasn't been there before go check it out.

wingy

I can't see them going to the lengths of stopping him from selling sisu out badges.

They haven't got this bloke yet:

I don't know now but one of the Commercial staff was a right sod a few years back.
But I do know someone who currently sells this kind of stuff
So if he can I'd think most can.

dancers lance

Popped into the market this afternoon to go to the record stall there.
They sell badges and have bought SISU out and City Till I Die badges before. I asked if they had any or any new ones ? They didn't and said they stopped doing them even though they selled well. For some reason they stopped making them,I remarked bet SISU are behind it ?
The owner is a City fan so you never know ? By the way they've got a great collection of music,anyone who hasn't been there before go check it out.
Is that record stall any good Rattles? I'm making a rare trip to town tomorrow is it worth a look?

bringbackrattles

Is that record stall any good Rattles? I'm making a rare trip to town tomorrow is it worth a look?
Loads of vinyl LPs and singles etc. Good variety/selection especially rock. The owners son says Saturday they get lots of school kids there,so go in the morning if I were you. Good luck !

dancers lance

Loads of vinyl LPs and singles etc. Good variety/selection especially rock. The owners son says Saturday they get lots of school kids there,so go in the morning if I were you. Good luck !
Cheers pal, I'll take a look tomorrow, I'm getting into town just after 9:00 so should be alright, if the kids are anything like mine 9:00 am on a Saturday is virtually the middle of the night, so I should beat the crowds.

bringbackrattles

Cheers pal, I'll take a look tomorrow, I'm getting into town just after 9:00 so should be alright, if the kids are anything like mine 9:00 am on a Saturday is virtually the middle of the night, so I should beat the crowds.
The son said the kids like the badges and crowd round behind the counter,so maybe on the rob ? By the whey confirm what I was told about the SISU out badges can you ? Cheers.

dancers lance

How did you get on ?
Good cheers pal, thank's for the tip, I bought a couple of bits and bobs (as far as the other half is concerned I spent £20.......I spent £90) :angelic::headphone::headphone:

I like the fact the market hasn't changed that much since I was a kid (early 80's) first time I have been in for a few years, lot's of fruit & veg stalls though. Even though I live in Cov I tend not to shop in Town that much (Brum, Leamington and Solihull mainly) as it is lacking decent shops, I hope this will change as the City deserves better.

Nick

Administrator
This isn't about the record shop in general but the market.

I cut through there a couple of months ago, it absolutely stank. There was loads of people selling dodgy clothes, it was awful. Couldn't get out of there quick enough.

dancers lance

This isn't about the record shop in general but the market.

I cut through there a couple of months ago, it absolutely stank. There was loads of people selling dodgy clothes, it was awful. Couldn't get out of there quick enough.
It's always stank and there has always been people selling dodgy clothes ( I spotted a very nice 'wolf howling at the moon' jumper) for me it was quite nostalgic.

Nick

Administrator
It's always stank and there has always been people selling dodgy clothes ( I spotted a very nice 'wolf howling at the moon' jumper) for me it was quite nostalgic.

I was thinking about the same jumper actually. Shocking.

Makes you wonder if people actually buy anything.

bringbackrattles

I was thinking about the same jumper actually. Shocking.

Makes you wonder if people actually buy anything.
Have to agree about the smell there. Fish,fruit,vegetables,not a nice mix. I just went straight to the record stall and was out of there fifteen minutes later.What has always niggled me about the market is when you're just casually walking by a stall,and the assistant tries to flog you something. Don't stop and stand looking at a jumper or jacket or they'll be on you like a rash !

Nick

Administrator
Have to agree about the smell there. Fish,fruit,vegetables,not a nice mix. I just went straight to the record stall and was out of there fifteen minutes later.What has always niggled me about the market is when you're just casually walking by a stall,and the assistant tries to flog you something. Don't stop and stand looking at a jumper or jacket or they'll be on you like a rash !

I guess if you know what you are going in for then you can go there and get it and get out.

It isn't somewhere you would want to go and browse though, it is terrible and there is a strange atmosphere in there.

bringbackrattles

I guess if you know what you are going in for then you can go there and get it and get out.

It isn't somewhere you would want to go and browse though, it is terrible and there is a strange atmosphere in there.
It was an iconic place in the sixties/seventies and my mum loved going there on a Saturday to get some stuff. Some stalls sold good clothes back then.Yet it never seemed as gloomy and shabby as it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread