Cov fans are everywhere (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

So tonight I'm watching a meaningless friendly in front of a small crowd between LA Galaxy and Portland Timbers. I met this young Cov fan complete with flag, scarf, and SISU out T shirt. After introducing myself his first question was "are you going to wembley?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 182

NortonSkyBlue

two examples that we are the Manchester United of the globe:
On entering the olympic stadium in Munich in 96 the first two people I saw were wearing Coventry tops.
In 11 in Vientien in Laos I went into a restaurant and the person on the next table was wearing a Sky Blues baseball cap (bad manners at dinner I thought!)

Hobo

Evidence we are followed by glory hunters. Even Mitchelin Stars will do

Last edited:

NortonSkyBlue

Here in Thailand I havent seen anyone who remotely resembles being a Cov fan..
I used to live in Thailand and I never met any Cov fans either but I did see our 87-88 kit in a shop by Sukhumvit 21( by the Black Swan pub) on sale for 8000 bht proving once again we are huge globally.

Great_Expectations

I'm in Norway and have met two Coventry fans, plus all of the locals we have spoken to have not only actually heard of Coventry City, but also know lots about us (Wembley, relegation, Ricoh, Northampton etc), which is often not the case when I am abroad.

Lots of talk of Soldvet though, as I believe he may be the only Norwegian to play for us? Or at least in my lifetime/I can remember.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I was in a club in Göteborg a few years ago and got talking to these two lads who were really interested in Coventry. They started going on about Huckerby and Whelan and were even talking about some of the goals they scored.

Could hardly believe it. They must have been roughly my age (under 25 at the time).

wingy

I'm in Norway and have met two Coventry fans, plus all of the locals we have spoken to have not only actually heard of Coventry City, but also know lots about us (Wembley, relegation, Ricoh, Northampton etc), which is often not the case when I am abroad.

Lots of talk of Soldvet though, as I believe he may be the only Norwegian to play for us? Or at least in my lifetime/I can remember.
Runa Norman?

Terry Gibson's perm

two examples that we are the Manchester United of the globe:
On entering the olympic stadium in Munich in 96 the first two people I saw were wearing Coventry tops.
In 11 in Vientien in Laos I went into a restaurant and the person on the next table was wearing a Sky Blues baseball cap (bad manners at dinner I thought!)

Was it Russell Slade in the cap as it seems to be sown onto his head;)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
They're all bloody Pomey or Southampton fans on the Isle of Wight. I wore my old City shirt once and just got strange looks everywhere I went!

Bob Latchford

I know of some in S/Hampton , Pompey ,I.O.W , many in Dorset.

bringbackrattles

I was in Aberdaron in North Wales a few years ago and a couple walked past me on the beach and he had a Cov City shirt on. I was that surprised as it was a early morning and with just a few dog walkers there,that all I said was Up The City ! He turned and laughed and went on his way. You can walk around Coventry City centre and not see a sky blue top on anybody !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Do you think the Man U forum has a post like this.
You can bet that if an explorer discovered an unknown tribe living in the middle of the Brazilian rainforest, one of the kids would be wearing a bleedin' Man Utd top!!

LastGarrison

Here in Thailand I havent seen anyone who remotely resembles being a Cov fan..
Get yourself to Kanchanaburi and you'll meet loads!!

There was also a guy from Cov who owned the George and Dragon bar in Pattaya with another guy from Huddersfield but he sold it a few years ago.

A bloke stopped me at a Melbourne Victory game this season when I was wearing my retro top...After asking me a few 'qualification' questions about Cov he confessed he was also a sky blue.
Turns out he's from just down the road from where Im from and knows the same people I do.... etc etc etc.
Small world innit

rupert_bear

I haven't seen it but was talking to a chap some years back who went on cruise over 2000 miles up the Amazon and went into a river side bar which was run by an Irishman and there were pictures of City players a shirt and scarf etc. He asked him if he came from Cov and was told no Belfast puzzled so asked why he said Dave Clements was his favourite player as a kid and has followed city all his life, shame he wasn't a billionaire

Users who are viewing this thread