Cov & Leicester fans clashed St. George's Day. (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

http://tinyurl.com/2wyf6zm

FIVE men were arrested following a mass brawl between football fans ahead of a boxing night in Coventry.
Rival Coventry City and Leicester City supporters clashed on St George’s Day before the boxing event at the Skydome Arena, in the city centre.
There were 12 fights on the bill, organised by top promoter Frank Maloney, including Coventry boxers James Flinn and James Mulhern, who are both avid Sky Blues fans. Also fighting was Rendall Munroe, from Leicester, who took on Victor Terrazas from Mexico.

But before the arena even opened its doors at 6.15pm, fights between rivals from Coventry and Leicester had broken out.

The disorder started at the Admiral Codrington pub in St Columbas Close, Radford, at about 5.40pm and there was also trouble in Mortimer’s bar at the Skydome complex.
Problems continued inside the arena with a bottle being thrown from a corporate box into the crowd.
A spokesman for Coventry Police said officers had launched a dedicated operation because it was St George’s Day and there was a large boxing event in the city.

skyblueprincess

Oh Dear Oh dear !!! tut tut :eek:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
To be fair there was always going to be trouble because if I remember rightly didn't they advertise this boxing event at the Leicester away game? Yes lets get loads of Cov and Leicester fans together to watch boxing...

:slap:

skyblueprincess

To be fair there was always going to be trouble because if I remember rightly didn't they advertise this boxing event at the Leicester away game? Yes lets get loads of Cov and Leicester fans together to watch boxing...

:slap:

thats a cat fight in the making lol lol lol :slap:

covladzak

You can always spot a Leicester Fan as they have 6 fingers per hand, and find dates at family reunions. Even Idi Amin hated Leicester.....:eek::eek::D:D

Yh i was at the boxing on on St.Georges day it wern't to pretty tbh about 30 minutes before the lad from leicester was fue to fight a bunch of guys came in about 40 of them and they started chucking bottles of alcohol around the skydome and charging into groups of people alot of these people being families and woman, i even saw one woman fall down the stairs trying to escape from these muppets as they charged around, tbf the majority we're kicked out but that lead them onto the streets where they were drinking in Carys and the Jolly Beggers wich they were not aloud to move from, i went out after to mortimers then Jaks and have to admit it was the only friday i have never seen a fight at kick out time so police must have had a eye on all the knobs. It's just a shame there wasn't a bigger following of lads from cov there to stop these scum from intimidating and ruining the night for most of the inocent woman and families who were there.

skyblueprincess

Well then if they were throwing bottles and stuff around while woman and children were present then they are not men , and don't deserve the title of such... FFS , id say they are a bunch of low life waste of spaces , and thats being nice as i cant really write what id like to call them ,

I seen something like that once outside the richo , Birmingham fans , they were running around playing warrior lol , there was a woman and a young boy his arm was already in plaster , they were just walking across the car park and the fans just ran straight threw them , knocking them both of their feet, never even gave them a second thought just kept on running ... low life's i say

CovInEssex

I seen something like that once outside the richo , Birmingham fans , they were running around playing warrior lol , there was a woman and a young boy his arm was already in plaster , they were just walking across the car park and the fans just ran straight threw them , knocking them both of their feet, never even gave them a second thought just kept on running ... low life's i say

Running away you say? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread