Cov Tel (1 Viewer)

robbieray

Guys cant we arrange for a collection for the guy in the Cov Tel, I know they not asking for charity but wouldn't it be nice to do it.A box at Wembley

Last edited:

chickentikkamasala

Lifelong Sky Blues Graham Littlewood missed the 1987 heroics because he was serving in the Falklands
Littlewood-Family.jpg

Graham Littlewood and his family

The family of a Coventry City war veteran struck down with cancer are pleading for help in getting him to Wembley.

Graham Littlewood missed the Sky Blues’ 1987 FA Cup victory at Wembley after being sent to the Falklands.

Thirty years later, the 63-year-old may once again miss a Sky Blues victory, this time in the Checkatrade Trophy Final, unless he can get a box seat at Wembley.

Graham’s blood cancer means he could develop an infection if he’s sat out in the open.

His wife, Hilary, told the Telegraph that the family aren’t looking for charity, but a way to get the dad-of-three to the April 2 match.

She said: “He was in the Falklands so didn’t get to watch the FA Cup final. He was gutted he had to listen to it on the radio.

“Now he has cancer and is due to have a stem cell transplant. But he couldn’t be in the main stands because of his treatment and the risk of infection and the cold.

“We’re not asking for charity and are willing to chip together somehow, we just don’t know where to start in finding a box.”

Graham, who was born in Coventry, is a life-long fan of the Sky Blues. His son and grandchildren have followed in his footsteps, with his siblings also holding season tickets.

Hilary added: “He was born in Coventry and his family live in Coventry, so he’s been a Coventry City supporter all of his life.

“His son goes to matches and he goes along whenever he can. We did his 60th birthday at the Coventry grounds.”

After the 2-1 semi-final win against Wycombe Wanderers at the Ricoh Arena, the family have said if Graham can’t enjoy the final at Wembley, then none of them will.

Hilary said: “Graham needs something to look forward to before he starts his stem cell treatment.

“My son text me to say ‘we need to get a box now, mum’. He said he wouldn’t go without his dad. It wouldn’t be right to go without him.”
She added:“It would be amazing. He’s so passionate about Coventry. At the moment he can’t work because of this or do anything, so just to see his face to get him there would be amazing.

“He’s such an amazing man. It just means so much to us to do it all together.”

Coventry City will take on rivals Luton Town or Oxford United at the final in London on April 2.

Between 20,000 and 40,000 tickets could be allocated to the Sky Blues for the spring time clash.

If anyone has any advice or information for the family on how to source a box, please email Hilary.

Nick

Administrator
Don't people have club wembley stuff where they have boxes for everything? Might be worth trying to find out who they are and if they will be using it or not?

torchomatic

I think Torch said he cant go due to the risk of infection also :(

Yeah sounds the same as me. I've got blood cancer have to miss it because of infection. I went in 87 though, so he does deserve to get there if he can. I wouldn't want to risk getting ill.

Consultant the other day in Heartlands said I wouldn't have any real resistance to infection until the end of the year and i should avoid crowds. Should be able to attend home matches next season then. o_O

bawtryneal

Yeah sounds the same as me. I've got blood cancer have to miss it because of infection. I went in 87 though, so he does deserve to get there if he can. I wouldn't want to risk getting ill.

Consultant the other day in Heartlands said I wouldn't have any real resistance to infection until the end of the year and i should avoid crowds. Should be able to attend home matches next season then. o_O

Love the humour Torchy. How's the treatment going?

torchomatic

Love the humour Torchy. How's the treatment going?

It's ctually 25 days since chemo ended. I'd have thought i would be home by now but i keep getting infections even though i have my own room. Shows the how careful you have to be. As i said i wouldn't risk Wembley even if i was out.

Nick

Administrator
There's got to be a corporate somewhere who would like a bit of free publicity. Got to be worth more than "entertaining" at the fricken Checkatrade Final.

Yeah, Im sure there are people who have a box for everything who could help.

CJ might know more about how it works?

Sky Blue Kid

It's ctually 25 days since chemo ended. I'd have thought i would be home by now but i keep getting infections even though i have my own room. Shows the how careful you have to be. As i said i wouldn't risk Wembley even if i was out.
Time to put ill feelings aside Torchy. Get well soon mate. Chin up ;)

bawtryneal

Hopefully your immune system will recover soon and you will be back home with your family
Nothing like being back home to lift the spirits and get back to normality.
Hopefully three points tomorrow to put a smile on your face.

chiefdave

Don't people have club wembley stuff where they have boxes for everything? Might be worth trying to find out who they are and if they will be using it or not?
Club Wembley is the middle level. You buy them and it covers every event at the stadium so for something like Checkatrade a lot of them will be empty anyway. I think if you're not using it you're allowed to sell it on but not 100% on that.

If you go on the Club Wembley site there's contact details for the guy who manages it. He'd probably be a good first point of contact. Would be able to find out if any weren't being used and people who might be open to a bit of charity.

On a similar subject as the club most likely won't bother can the Trust make sure all the old boys are able to get down to the final. If it comes to hiring them a coach or something I'd certainly throw a few quid in. There was some 85 year old on the radio this morning on about going which made me wonder how many old folks around the city can't get there.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Club Wembley is the middle level. You buy them and it covers every event at the stadium so for something like Checkatrade a lot of them will be empty anyway. I think if you're not using it you're allowed to sell it on but not 100% on that.

If you go on the Club Wembley site there's contact details for the guy who manages it. He'd probably be a good first point of contact. Would be able to find out if any weren't being used and people who might be open to a bit of charity.

On a similar subject as the club most likely won't bother can the Trust make sure all the old boys are able to get down to the final. If it comes to hiring them a coach or something I'd certainly throw a few quid in. There was some 85 year old on the radio this morning on about going which made me wonder how many old folks around the city can't get there.
Good idea. Forget about me I'm getting a lift

wingy

Surely a direct approach to Beckham would sort this. Z
Torch can't we get you there in a Bubble, If there Is something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread