Coventry 0-1 Derby (Post-match discussion) (1 Viewer)

CovInEssex

Now that was something shocking. I'm glad to be home - drenched - i might add after a very miserable afternoon.

We started very brightly, but the sheepshaggers slowy got back into the game and we started to struggle.

I can't really say if Derby's goal, was indeed a goal, because i was the other end of the ground, but i assume from the lack of protests from our players, and Westwood that they knew it was over the line.

Really poor atmosphere at both ends of the grounds, with 50 or so of the 1,800 vistors actually standing.

We had chances, yes. With Bywater making numerous good saves. But i felt we seemed so far away from scoring.

The ground was fast emptying and in stoppage time we scored, but it was ruled offside. Again, i can't comment being a distance away, but every sky blue shirt thought it was a goal - desperation, perhaps?

On a final note, i really don't want this season to finish like last. A strong finish is a key factor to a good start.

Reading next - on a Bank Holiday Monday.

stopperGcurtis

We are totally lacking in self belief and self confidence i think. When things are like that you appear to get all the bad luck in the world. It WAS a goal!

Another very disappointing game.

Like Cookie, I'm in Block 15, so couldn't actually tell whether the decisions made by the ref/linesmen were correct or not, but they just contributed to a very frustrating afternoon for City.

In all honesty, after the first 15 mins, we didn't look like scoring really, and if Hussey had got the goal chalked on, it would have been a bit undeserved...not that Derby played like Barcelona on Wednesday, because, well, they didn't!

Savage didn't help matters after the final whistle- as usual, he was at the centre of the controversy...

I'm teed off that the disallowed goal was allowed to become Coleman's main moaning point- once again, his tactics were exposed...I mean, playing Gunnarsson on the wing? :confused:

Also, how come McPake was on the bench today? I thought that was a bit weird, unless he's picked up an injury of some sort...

Reading will be very, very tough in the form they're in...help!

Nick

Administrator
What did Savage do after full time? I had gone by then :(

I think McPake was slightly injured so didn't come on.

What did Savage do after full time? I had gone by then :(

I think McPake was slightly injured so didn't come on.

Basically at the final whistle, Coventry players surrounded the ref and his linesmen, disputing the reasons for Hussey's goal being chalked off. Security guys came out to separate the two teams and somehow, Robbie Savage snook out, shirtless, and he got in Clint's face after that. Unedifying end to the afternoon.

TheSnoz

We were clueless. Clinton worked his socks off. Holding the ball up brilliantly. He gets absolutely no service at all. Clingan is basically on his own in midfield. Deegan isn't ready yet. Gunnar is a pale shadow of last season. He's 20 so he can develop. I've changed my mind about John Stead, today I wouldn't buy him. Freddy Sears I'd send back. Lightweight. & I'd play Carl Baker on the right wing. He's better there.

CovInEssex

Baker is good, yes. But always goes that little too far.

I can say that because it's all doom and gloom right now.

Users who are viewing this thread